You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Rakkers" started this thread

Reg: Aug 9th 2009

Children: Barts

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 7:30pm

Is this normal??

Hi all,

I am sorrry if I should not be starting a new thread for this but i can't find answers to my q as yet... am a confused newbie...

Last Weds I had a lap and dye and was lasered to get rid of some of the endo that I have. They found widespread endo and adhesions and were unable to remove it all. However, as I am a fertility patient, becoming pregnant is the next step...

They have put me on Prostap so had my first injection following my surgery so I am now technically menopausing... with the next one due in 3 weeks now. Have appt end Sept for a scan to check my lining etc and to see if the injections worked.

Thing is, I am still really bloated - the stiches were out on Monday and now I am having what seems is a period(but I have been injected to stop my cycle!) and I am cramping and in pain. I tried to go to work today but I am still so tired that I had to leave at lunch and won't be back til Monday. Is this normal? Should I be bleeding so heavily? Should I be in such pain? I am just so confused (and tired and incredibly miserable!)

THANK YOU for listening and I hope that someone can shed light on what is going on. :bawl:

x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 7:35pm

Hiya hun

I had a lap last Wednesday too and am still bleeding, but I don't know if it's expected or normal really, I don't remember it lasting this long when I had it done years ago. Until yesterday I had very heavy bleeding and cramping, but it's much lighter today. I can't help with the prostap though and what this should/shouldn't be doing to the bleeding, sorry.

I know exactly what you mean about bloated, tired and miserable, it's not nice is it :sadface:

Did you get a telephone number when you were discharged? Can you call your clinic and talk to them?

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 8:14pm

hiya girls

the amount of bleeding very much depends on what was done and how things were done

blood can take time to work its way down and if you have been laying down resting they once your up and about you might well have some more bleeding yet the bleeding should not be heavy and if prolonged i suggest calling your surgeon

Bloating and being miserable is very very expected
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 8:36pm

Sorry Rakkers, I didn't explain that I spoke with my surgeon on Tuesday and he wasn't concerned at the level of bleeding that I had, or that it was almost a week later.

He advised me to call back if I still had red blood tomorrow, but mine is brown and much lighter now - hopefully you will soon turn that corner too.

If you have a number on your discharge notes, do call them for peace of mind

x

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 9:48pm

Ladies,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It has put my mind at rest knowing that I am not 'a freak'! I will wait and see how tomorrow turns out and will call if has not changed from the bright red that it is at the moment (TMI??!!) Thanks Eeyore and I hope that you too feel better tomorrow.

Really appreciate your input Kara as well. This feeling totally miserable and v bloated has been getting me down but at least I know that this is to be expected now. Perhaps stupidly, I had thought that I would be back to normal by now. Thank goodness for FZ eh?!

So, I will head to bed and hope that tomorrow will be brighter in every way.

THANK YOU again :smile:

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, August 13th 2009, 9:53pm

some people see laps as easy as its keyhole yet your body and mind has been through alot

i hope you feel better soon, listen to your body and rest when it tell you

hope the bleeding eases tomorrow
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, August 14th 2009, 7:38am

Hi Rakkers

How are you feeling this morning? xx

Friday, August 14th 2009, 1:21pm

Hi Eeyore,

Thanks for asking... so kind. I am feeling a bit better today and although I am still bleeding, currently it is less heavy and not quite so red as it has been. PHEW. How are you doing? Better I hope?

Am off work today again and just trying to chill out and relax and accept that I am not totally mended and that I need to take the time to get better and healthier again. I need to try and stop feeling so down about how bloated I am and how I am not able to exercise to help get rid of this belly that I am propogating! I am afraid that when I am out and about people will think I am pregnant - was imagining on the way to work yesterday that i would be offered a seat on the train in as I look so large and pregnant - if only eh?!!

Anyway, trying to feel more positive as I hope you can tell and really hope that things with you are good.

x

Reg: May 28th 2009

Children: One day - I hope and pray!!

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 3:49pm

Hi Rakkers. I vaguely remeber posting something in your newbie thread but shall reply here aswell. :)

Prostap for me was a godsend after suffering from widespread endometriosis for 4 years before being diagnosed anmd promptly put on it. It stopped all my pain straight away but it did bloat me, this could be the reason your bloated .. how long have you been on it? What other sife effects have you had with it? I cant help with the bleeding as I have never had a period naturally.

Drop me a line if I can be of any help.

:xxx:

May 01 - diagnosed with Endo via lap.
July 01 - diagnosed with MRKH
April 02: 1st Reconstrutive operation.
August 02: 2nd Reconstructive operation
May 04: Hysterectomy
May 08: Ovaries removed

House Deposit: £800/£8k

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 6:06pm

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your post(s). I have seen the one that you sent in the newbie page as well so much appreciate you taking the time to write here as well.

I have now been on the Prostap for 11 days - they injected me when I had come round from the general anesthetic after the lap. I have been told that I will be on this for the next 2 months til my scan end of Sept. With regards to side effects, at the moment I can't really tell whether I have any - apart from the night sweats I have had over the last couple of nights! Because I am recovering from the operation as well I can't be sure what is and what isn't the Prostap and what are the after effects of the lap. I am still bleeding quite a lot but the bloating has reduced a little (thank goodness as am back to work tomorrow!). I am also having days where I am feeling REALLY miserable and unable to have a positive thought enter my head and others when I am ok. And tired - really tired... but just not sure whether these are side effects or recovery - I suppose time will tell.

However, one q is, did it stop all pain? When I was bleeding this week I did have the 'bowel' pain and lower back pain that I would have when I had my periods before the op...this didn't seem right to me - I know that they didn't get all the endo out, but I thought that the Prostap would help...? Anyway, wittered on a bit haven't I?! Just nice to be able to write to people who know what I am talking about and feeling. Thank you!

x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 6:10pm

Hi Rakkers, glad to see that you've turned the corner now. Fingers crossed that each day you feel much better, that's certainly what happened to me.

I wonder if the pain you've had isn't helped by the prostap because it's still post-op pain you have been feeling?

x

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 6:26pm

Hi Eeyore,

Good point - and i know that I haven't got back to normal yet with going to the loo (tmi??!!!) so yes, could still be post op pain...

Glad that you too are feeling better every day... I must admit that this afternoon, I have felt so much better than I have been so I must have turned that corner.

Thank you again xxx

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 8:25pm

That is such good news...be careful though won't you?

I felt like you a couple of days ago and thought I was much better so just got on with things, and I think I may have done just a bit too much over the past couple of days :rolleyes: So still take it easy for a bit eh? My discharge notes said no heavy lifting for 6 weeks...that includes a duster in my book :snigger:

xx

Monday, August 17th 2009, 4:10pm

Hi

It took 3 weeks for prostap to truly start working for me but when it did it stopped all the pain as your only 11 days post op though i wouldnt worry to much it is quite probably your body getting back to normal. Dont rush it.

I had night sweats, hot flushes n mood swings like you wouldnt believe but all better than the pain! :smile:

Why didnt they remove all endo?

Monday, August 17th 2009, 6:17pm

Eeyore,

Thanks for the warning! I went back to work today and was feeling on top of the world this morning! Had an external meeting at 1400 and back at the office and I was so shattered! Will certainly be taking it easy tonight. I shall NOT be picking up any cleaning implements! :snigger: :snigger:

Are you now just really tired after doing so much or do you have pain again? Oh, and I heard from a colleague that she thought mint was a godsend in reducing the bloating... am going to be taking my peppermint capsules in an attempt to deflate!

x

Monday, August 17th 2009, 6:21pm

Nic,

Mmmmmm! Looking forward to those side effects - perhaps my night sweats are literally just because I am so hot at the moment! DH best be well prepared!!

I think maybe there was too much to remove...? I didn't really get to know why. It is something that I will be asking at my follow up. Perhaps they ran out of time? Not sure. I did see a picture when I first came round in the recovery room and I had lots of spots of endo so perhaps that is too painstaking to remove? No idea! Is that not normal?

x

Monday, August 17th 2009, 6:57pm

Hi Rakkers,

Where abouts was the endo that they didn't remove? I am at a loss as to why they didn't and why they didn't tell you straight away to be honest. I am guessing what you will have seen are called chocolate cysts ... brown spots that are all over the place that do bleed with your normal monthly cycle this is what causes so much pain.

I cant imagine they would have run out of time as when your under they will do everything they need to whether they run over or not as it is safer to do that than to put your body through stress of putting you under again.

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 6:00pm

Well, I am not sure why not either now - I thought that it was quite normal... so I can't answer your question I am afraid. All I know is that they said it was widespread but that they had removed what they could and also separated the adhesion between bowel and stomach that had happened as well as the cyst... So no idea! I will have to ask when I next see someone who can tell me!

?( ?(That is what I find quite frustrating about all of this - the waiting. After every procedure, test etc, it is normally round 3 months before we hear anything else and can get the questions answered.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE