Unread posts

CTC

• "CTC" started this thread

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Friday, April 17th 2009, 1:15pm

Newbie to Cornwall and IVF/ICSI

Hi there,

Don't really have a clue what I'm doing, but wanted to say hello *waves

We've just moved from Southampton to Mullion (nr Helston) and have yet to find our feet!

I've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and DP also has a low sperm count, so it's looking like IVF/ICSI is the only way forward for us.

I've just sent and email to the Derriford Hospital for advice, although any point in the right direction you girls might have would be lovely :smile:

Just a bit about us, I'm 34 X( and DP's 41...it's only going downhill from here...! :bawl:

CTC xxx
CTC

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Friday, April 17th 2009, 1:53pm

:hello: CTC
And welcome to FZ!
Wow, moving house AND IVF is a double whammy in terms of stress levels. I hope you are settling in (and we'll help you to settle in with all this IVF stuff here).
I'm sure some South Westerly folks will be along soon to answer questions about Derriford. Are you going via NHS or privately?
Wishing you lots and lots of luck,
wtw
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

CTC

Friday, April 17th 2009, 2:12pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Don't even talk to me about stress levels...we've just received the biggest (unexpected) tax bill you've ever seen!!!! :innocent:

So we're broke, and unfortunatley don't qualify for NHS help, but hey ho, the credit card will have to take the hit :P

Loving it down here, especially when the sun's out! :smile:

Thanks so much for the luck - we need it :P
CTC

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Friday, April 17th 2009, 7:40pm

Welcome to Cornwall, you're going to love it here, we have the best beaches and countryside all on our doorstep!

I'm just embarking on my second cycle of ICSI at the Ocean Suite, and I have to say all the nurses and the consultants are lovely, you will be in very good hands. They are a small unit, so waiting lists are sometimes a bit of an issue, but at least that allows time to save some pennies! I would definitely get yourself an initial appointment, to discuss what they can do for you etc.... it's a long old process but we have to start somewhere. I live just inside Cornwall, so I have all my treatment at Derriford, but I think you can probably get scans etc at Treliske, in Truro, which will mean less travelling!

Good Luck to you both x

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

ktf1

Reg: Mar 19th 2009

Children: Exeter

Friday, April 17th 2009, 7:57pm

Welcome to the Westcountry. We're at Exeter, so don't know about Plymouth, but you'll love it down here. We pop across the border every now and then for a weekend. I've been in the westcountry for about 9 or 10 years now and really like it.

Good luck!

Kate xx
ME 36 DH 37
TTC 3 years
male factor
1st ICSI May 09 BFN

Reg: Apr 7th 2009

Children: DD 11 and DS 6

Monday, April 27th 2009, 12:38pm

Hello

I had treatment at Derriford which resulted in my dd(I have pcos)

Our Family hol is at Mullion this yr lol

CTC

Monday, April 27th 2009, 2:59pm

Hi girls,

Thanks for the warm welcome :smile:

Maliah - were are you staying?!

Well, we've finally taken the plunge! The waiting list at Derriford was almost a year long (:8o:), so we've returned to the clinic where I had my initial tests in Southampton (Wessex Fertility Clinic). We're booked in on 21st May for our consultation - DP has to have yet another SA that morning and they're doing my FSH at the same time, along with our tests for Hep B, C, HIV, etc.

If all's clear, we should kick off during my next cycle!! (June)

I'm hopefully opting for an egg sharing program (just scraping though before my 35th birthday), both to help with the cost, but also to help someone else (if my eggs are any good of course :O)

So, we're starting the journey at last...can't quite believe it... xxx
CTC

Reg: Feb 11th 2007

Children: My children are wonderful!

Monday, April 27th 2009, 6:12pm

Hi from me, I'm here in Cornwall too.

My treatment was a while ago now, but we went to Exeter (for personal reasons not related to treatment).

Good luck with your next cycle.

Me 39, DH 40 Children, Lucy and DS (7)
Lucy lost in car accident 8th April 2002
TTC 6 years - ICSI x 4 - :BFN: x 4

Spider's Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spider" (Apr 27th 2009, 6:13pm)

• "kelly2212" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 31st 2009

Children: 1 DD aged 9 to a previous relationship

Monday, April 27th 2009, 6:18pm

Hi CTC welcome to :FZ: from me. Good luck with your TTC journey.

Mulion is a lovely part of the country luck you :xxx3:

Me 29 DH 36 TTC 6 years babydust

1st ICSI- 23/09/09 :BFP: MC @ 5 weeks

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 2:41pm

Hi C,
I'm in Cornwall too, like Kirstie I go to Treliske for scans etc and then Derriford for EC and ET. Both hospitals have been brilliant and very supportive to us. We're hoping to book for another ICSI cycle once we've got recurrent m/c tests back so I'm hoping we won't have to wait a whole year!
Anyway, welcome to Cornwall and hope all goes well for you.

CTC

Monday, June 15th 2009, 10:09am

Thanks girls,

Just a bit of news - the waiting lists were a year long in Cornwall, so we've gone back to our original clinic in Southampton - we've done all the tests and we're moving forward with IVF/ICSI. I've also been accepted as a donor - and they've already found us a match! CD4 today - they're seeing me on CD19 and I kick off CD21 :smile: Can't believe it's happened so quickly!
Anyway, taking lots of vits and drinking lots of milk (no caffine, alcohol, etc.), relaxing CD's and spa oil burning smells... if anyone has some extra advice it'll be very welcome!?!

I'm PRAYING this works...

Love C xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CTC

CTC

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 2:02pm

Hi girls,

Just a quick update - I started stimming yesterday - transfer week commences on the 24th. I'm praying this is going to work as I'm donating half my follies so may not have many frosties - keep your fingers crossed for me!

C xx
CTC

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE