You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Nattie2009" started this thread

Reg: Jul 28th 2009

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 12:10pm

PCOS and on Clomid

hi i was diagnosed with pcos about 3 1/2 years ago, i am 20 years old now, me and my partner have now been tryin for a baby for around 2 years with no look as ive been told im not ovalulating which i dont understand becasue im still having periods. i used to get really heavy irregular periods for the first couple of years of being diagnosed and then i slimmed down and lost around 30 pounds and they have become regular not to the date but near enough. i have had my fallopion tubes flushed out and there fine, my partner has had a sperm cont and hes fine, so its just me.

i have been put on some tables which i have to take one on the second day of my next period till the 6th day, and then i have to go back to the hospital on the 21st day of my period to have a blood test to see if i have ovaluated.

i was wondering if anyone has been on these tables (sorry im at work and forgot what they are called) and could give me some advise on the pregnancy rate and if any one has become pregnant after taking these tables.

i was really scared when i was first diagnosed but now i have realised there is a lot of treatment out there for women like me and every1 else trying to concieve with pcos.

i hope every1 is ok and to look on the positive side, if it was my partner who had the problem there wasnt much that could be done for him but its me and there is loads of treatment out there.

also another thing i no im gabbling on a bit but i have been pregnant b4 when i was 16 but sadly due to circumstances i had to abort. so what i dont understand is that i must have been ovulating then or i wouldnt have got pregnant.

Natalie x
Natalie x

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: DD born Oct 05

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 2:16pm

hi nathalie, it sounds like the tablets are clomid which are very good at getting you to ovulate. I'm currently on my 4th month of taking it but some of the girls here got their BFP in less time, come and join us on the clomid chicks thread.
I found it best to take the tablets just before I went to bed so that I would sleep through most of the symptoms but you could be one of the lucky ones and not get symptoms

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 1:08pm

Hi Natalie

Yes it sounds like you've been given clomid.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO CLOMID

There is a CLOMID CHICKS CHAT thread HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other

This thread is a really crucial read on clomid INFO: CLOMID - MONITORING/TRACKING

There are a number of clomid success stories on this thread Clomid success stories ... Personally I've fallen pregnant twice on clomid, once in the 5th month of taking it (which sadly I miscarried) and then on the 8th month.

Hope that helps.

x

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Jul 28th 2009

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 9:15pm

Hi Natalie,
Sounds like clomid, I'm on my 3rd cycle of it the now. I just joined the site y'day but have already had lots of info and support from the ladies. You should go on the clomid chics thread, you will get lots of advise from the other ladies.

:goodluck: and some babydust jilly for you :xxx3:
Jenna x

On 50mg of clomid days 3 to 7
Cycle 1: :BFN:

Cycle 2: :BFN:
Cycle 3: :BFN:
Cycle 4: :BFN:
Cycle 5: :BFN:

Cycle 6: :BFN:

Cycle with no clomid: :BFN:

Cycle 7: :BFP: happydance

• "Nattie2009" started this thread