You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 3:41pm

Waiting times at St Marys Manc for TESE

Hello

We have been advised by St Marys that my DH's TESE will be in september,though I rang them today and they still couldnt give us a date! I am just wondering if anybody else has had this procedure or something similar and how long you had to wait? and whether or not you in fact had it when the hospital said you would? also i am wondering how long after that will we be able to start ICSI/IVF?

Thanks...any advice very much appreciated x

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

• "babymaybeme?" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Baby on the way.

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 4:12pm

Hello again,

Shame they are not able to give you a date. I don't have any info on St Mary's.

As you know, my DH's TESE is for Sept too. We received the letter today. I would expect you to receive a letter early August.

Our consultant said that I would be refered to the IVF clinic, and treatment would start within six months. But I know it can vary in different areas.

I would give them a call back. They have targets, so they should be able to tell you when you should receive the appointment letter. Also ask them when is the ICSI likely to start. They can provide this info.

Good luck

babydust

13 July 2011 :BFP:
bab21

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 4:24pm

Hi again!

im really annoyed that they cant give me a date! at least if we had a date in our minds we would have something to focus on, as we would know that things are moving forward! They just said that when a date comes through they will ring us with it!!

Did yours tell you september before you got your actual letter through? im just wondering how likely they are to stick to what they said? i know it will differ from place to place!

Hope your ok :) x

First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

• "babymaybeme?" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Baby on the way.

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 4:31pm

Hello,

I'm good. Thanks for asking.

Yes, they told us September 22nd before we got the letter through. I was like you, I needed that letter for reassurance.

We have been in direct contact with the consultant's PA, not the NHS booking service. Does your consultant have one? Can you ring direct? Our consultant performs the ops in different hospitals.

If I was you I would keep ringing every few days. Just to remind them you are waiting.

xxxx

babydust

13 July 2011 :BFP:
bab21

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 4:44pm

Ok, well hopefully they will stick to what they say then! i will keep on at them from now on!!!

Is your DH worried about the TESE? like about it hurting etc? Mine hasn't really said much but i ama little worried myself about complications etc!

I was also wondering... You really dont have to answer this as i know im asking a very personal question!!!! Ive been led to believe that testicular volume is also an indicator of how successful they will be in finidng sperm! MY DH's are smaller than normal but not what i would call tiny!! and I was just wondering seen as everything else seems to be very similar between yours and my DH, whether yours also has this problem?

XXXXXGemmaXXXXX

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE