You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FC79

Ace

• "FC79" is 39 years old today
  • "FC79" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2009

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 2:38pm

2nd urologist appointment

Hello, my DH and I had our 2nd appointment with the urologist this morning. His 4th SA showed the same as the others- less than 1 million. The urologist said that this meant no sperm as they cant be more specific than that. He said they will do a testicular biopsy but dont have the facilities to freeze sperm if they find any, and advised us to go private.

We are going to get a more specific SA done privately to see if there would be enough sperm found to freeze for ICSI, otherwise its going to cost an extra £1700 for SSR on top of the ICSI cost. Do you think Im clutching at straws here?

It all feels so unfair, cant have NHS treatment cos Im too young and cant egg share cos I carry CF gene.

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 6:42pm

RE: 2nd urologist appointment

Hi,

I do not agree with the urologists's conclusion that below one million means no sperm. Any laboratory of any merit should be able to report whether they have found sperm or not, even if there were too few for an accurate count, and even if the quality is too low to make a conception likely. There is a world of difference between seeing no sperm at all and seeing sperm in very low numbers, even if they only report "occasional non-motile sperm", this is what they have seen and you need to know this. Below one million suggests that there were sperm present which the laboratory chose not to attempt to give a count on - and these could be used for ICSI. If they truly saw no sperm then their report should say something like : "Nil sperm seen after detailed examination."

You need a proper semen examination from either a good private laboratory such as TDL (The Doctors Laboratory), based in London and Manchester, or from a proper fertility clinic.

Let me know if you need any help with this.

You are not clutching at straws, and it is unfair. Keep us in touch.

Kind regards,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FC79

Ace

• "FC79" is 39 years old today
  • "FC79" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2009

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 7:32pm

Thank you,that gives me some hope. I am speaking to my GP tomorrow to get a private referral, so hopefully we'll get some more info in a few weeks. I'll let you know how we get on.

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 9:32am

Good luck FC79 xx
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 3:42pm

Really wish you lotd of luck hun.

We too, are in the same situation xx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE