You are not logged in.

Unread posts

sazzle28

• "sazzle28" started this thread

Reg: Jul 8th 2009

Monday, July 20th 2009, 8:50pm

Sperm quality for egg fertilisation - ICSI

Hi,

Can anyone help please! Me and my DH are having ICSI treatment due to male factor. Low sperm count and morphology. I am stimulating at the moment and have been back to St. barts twice for scans. All is going well, have to go back wednesday and friday for more scans to check the follicle sizes and will hopefully be given a date for egg collection. My concern is, as my DH's sperm count is low and morphology is not good will any eggs (if all goes well and I have some) be fertilised?
Is it common for the treatment to go well for the woman but fail due to the male factor? I'm just worried after going through this emotional roller coaster it may fail due to sperm quality.
Sazzle :)

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Monday, July 20th 2009, 8:54pm

Hi there,

I have been through one failed ICSI cycle. My eggs fertilised with DH sperm (he had a failed vas reversal so they had to do SSR) and we had very good quality embryos.

Therefore as much as it is easy for me to say, try not to fret, I did but it turned out good for us in the end however we didn't get the result we wanted but we did fertilise and we did make good embryos and I am sure you will too.

Is your DH just giving a sample for ICSI or is he having SSR? Have they tested him at all or given him a trial PESA/TESA??

I am sure you will be fine.

Some people do not attain fertilisation but more do so you will be in the majority!!! PMA all the way xxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break
3rd ICSI - Dec 2010 - BFP - Ruby born 13th September 2011

sazzle28

• "sazzle28" started this thread

Reg: Jul 8th 2009

Monday, July 20th 2009, 8:58pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. DH is just giving a sample for ICSI. He has done a sperm test twice at St. Barts. Could you tell me what a PESA/TESA is please?

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful, but keep going.
Sazzle :)

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Monday, July 20th 2009, 9:28pm

PESA?TESA is where they extract sperm direct from the testicles (surgical sperm retrieval (SSR))

I am sure you will be fine xxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break
3rd ICSI - Dec 2010 - BFP - Ruby born 13th September 2011

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE