You are not logged in.

Unread posts

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 3:44pm

also remember you will not then be able to talk to anyone in the media given they have asked for an exclusive? this in itself says it will not help the cause

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, May 14th 2009, 3:52pm

Any newspaper looking to print the kind of story needed to help the cause of funding would not be asking for you to give them an 'exclusive'. Exclusive's are for sensational or gossip stories, not journalistic ones.

My concern is, as I said above, if you give this exclusive and they then follow up with the ex-wife and two children tale you have NOWHERE to go as you've agreed that you won't talk to any other story.

I think the majority of the women here have given you the same clear advice, not to do it as it's wrong in so many ways. You came back to the forum and have asked advice, which has been given.

Only you can weigh up if the money offered is that important!

Richard

Reg: Mar 31st 2009

Friday, May 15th 2009, 1:11pm

Hey ukprincess,

I will call you later, but wanted to mention a few things here.

And exclusive usually means that you will not be able to chat with any media for only 30 days.

Also I think that many here are over reacting.

I have the number of a publicist that may take you on. I will call later with it.

Richard

Friday, May 15th 2009, 1:22pm

OK,

I have just spoken to my publicist contact. He said that he may be able to get you a better deal and that you need to tred carefully.

I just called you and left you a voicemail with his personal contact details and here is expecting your call.

Hope this helps...

And keep going Janine - you have already helped our cause so much. You should be so very proud of yourself.

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, May 15th 2009, 1:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Richard

Also I think that many here are over reacting.

Quoted

I have just spoken to my publicist contact. He said that he may be able to get you a better deal and that you need to tred carefully.

your publicist friend seems to think the same as us Richard so i dont think we are over reacting by telling ukprincess to be careful.

Richard

Friday, May 15th 2009, 9:16pm

Not so, he thought most of the assumptions here were OTT as well.

OH well.. what every happens I am sure that we all wish ukprincess the best of luck in her campaign.

Calypso

Superstar

Friday, May 15th 2009, 9:36pm

Quoted

OH well.. what every happens I am sure that we all wish ukprincess the best of luck in her campaign.

I think we have expressed that in a number of posts on here and in direct response to her article.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, May 15th 2009, 9:41pm

I am unsure as to why your publicist friend would advise UKP to 'tread carefully' if he didn't have any concerns, unless of course I have misunderstood and his only concerns are over the size of the 'deal'

6 months ago UKP was a regular user of the forum and came back a week ago to ask for some advice. The the girls who have posted on this thread have given their thoughts and opinions, which they are freely entitled to, and if you had looked around the forums you will see that *this* is what FZ is about, it is a support forum and all of the girls who have posted here share with each other and support one another on a daily basis.

We're not a faceless campaign forum Richard, the girls here have been with one another through every step of their respective journeys and as such have built up true friendships, based on mutual support. Because every member on here has receieved friendship and support through their rough times, when another member asks for advice or support, they give it.

You may feel that their responses are 'overreacting' but they were asked for their advice and they have given it, based on their own thoughts, feelings and experience. Normally in situations, as the admin of the forum I remain 'on the fence' but in this situation I feel it only appropriate to reply, on behalf of the girls who you have offended with your post.

Personally, I find it rather rude that you are so dismissive of those people who have taken the time to think about this situation and then have given the advice that they were asked for.

Those same people Richard supported you when you joined and asked for help - just because their opinions don't meet with yours doesn't mean that they are 'overreacting'. Support on this forum has always been a two-way street and even though you joined solely to further your own campaign, you've still had an immense amount of support from our members, some of whom you have then classed as 'ott' and 'overreacting'.

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, May 15th 2009, 11:51pm

petition

[Hi ukprincess, I've just signed your petition.I'm No.97. You're welcome to read my comment.I think fertility treatment of any kind should get a fair share of NHS funding. But I would also advise you to steer clear of "news of the world" they will not quote you accurately-they'll twist your words and miss things out to make a more sensational story. They really are "gutter press"--have you ever actually read it?
Best wishes with your campaign ! [zx052]
Chris

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fi'smum" (May 15th 2009, 11:53pm)

sadie

Star

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: One on the way!!

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 6:59am

Hi UK Princess,

I have been following this thread for a while and my heart goes out to you, but I beg you to listen to Eeyore's advice and other ladies on here. :pray:

I am in a similar position to you as i don't ovulate regularly, clomid didn't work and they reckon my tubes could be blocked! So the problems lies with me, not my husband. My husband has a child from a previous relationship therefore we won't get any funding, which makes the problem even worse.

Thankfully I am blessed that my husband says he is going to pay for the treatment, with his overtime money. Unfortunately this means that he has to now work every weekend to pay for it.

So I understand your reasons totally for considering the Now or News of the World deal but be careful, as they may print vicious things about you.

A year ago something happened to me which I don't want to go into any great detail. Anyway some outside agencies got involved and I told them something which I later regreted and so things that were said got twisted. It had serious consequences. So be careful what you tell these people in media as they act as your friend at first and then they will dump on you at a great height.

Thinking of you xx

• "ukprincess" started this thread
  • Germany United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 8th 2008

Children: none yet!!

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 8:20am

Hi Everybody

Thank you all for visiting and leaving your comments!

I think this NOTW business has already caused a lot of people here to argue. So no more talk about it and move on.

I have been thinking to move on to step 2 or phase 2. Now that i have already hit most of the media the pct already have quite a bit to chew on this was the warming up phase.

I am thinking of now to contact all the woman in my area that have signed my petition to see if they are interested in setting up a little action support group. Then see if if any want to fight against the pct with by them all starting to send in appeal letters. Then possibly for them to go to our Local paper and tell there storey. And then thinking maybe a big protest outside pct?

How does that sound or to much?

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 9:05am

Hi

I don't think there have been any arguments UKP, the majority of the members have been in agreement with how they feel the NoW is not the way to go and their replies have reflected that. Funding is a very emotive subject and as such those replies have been very straight forward in conveying the seriousness of the issue, if members have felt that your decision to sell your story to this tabloid will have a negative impact on the whole funding issue, they are bound to express that.

I was chatting about this last night to one of my friends who is in media relations and his response really summed it up for me 'With such a serious point to be made that has an effect on so many women Nationwide, would you go on BBC news or Jeremy Kyle?' - that really is the difference between the right and wrong way to get the real story to the people who can make a difference.

Anyway, your thoughts on a way forward now seem to be much more sensible, in my opinion. I am sure that Kara will be able to add some suggestions as this is the way she is currently fighting to raise awareness.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 10:50am

Uk

i think your plan is a good one yet not everyone will want to be involved as for many infertility can be a secret from family and friends, when i did a tv interview along with my support group half of the group didn't want to be on camera

good luck and i hope this means your not doing the NOTW.....

• Germany United Kingdom

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 12:16pm

Hi All

This is the latest which was in Thursdays Shriopshire Star.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/05/14…e-ivf-petition/

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 3:32pm

i have had to fund my own ivf as th welsh assembley will not fund ivf as i was sterilized 8yrs ago. i have to boys. i have remarried and my new hubby has no children. i understand the point that i was sterilized voluntarily but think it is unfair to deny hubby.
i can have ivf in england

• Germany United Kingdom

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 3:44pm

Poppit 26 i know its so unfair. But by the looks of yout icker youll be giving him his well deserved present! Congratulations x

Hi All

Just an update i have been emailing everybody who has signed my petition today to thank them for their support, offered my help in any way if needed and tried to encourage more people to stand up for what they think is right and appeal to their PCTS. And i answered back to thos who have left comments.

Took 3 hours but am please its done now and already have quite a few come back to me from my local area, whihc is great this was what i was hoping to achieve.

So looking good so far.

Still need plenty more signatures so am thinking i might go and tackle the high street for more signatures or topwn centre we shall see.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 4:33pm

When registering on FZ, you agreed to the following

Quoted

The registration and use of this forum is completely free for you. Press "Accept" if you agree with the rules mentioned below. You will then be able to register.

Even though Administrators and Moderators from FZ try to delete or edit all the unwanted posts, it is impossible for them to check all the posts. All the posts express the opinion of the author, the owners of FZ cannot be held responsible for the content of those posts.

By registering, you agree not to post messages that are vulgar, impolite, disrespectful or that express (extreme) political views or (verbal) law offences.

Additionally, the Administrators and Moderators of this board can edit or even delete your account for any reason

Comments such as

Quoted

i dont need people like you gobbing off in here

Quoted

You better watch your mouth i think.

are impolite and disrespectful in response to another members opinions and aren't the kind of comments we expect on the forum.

Can I please ask all members to post with respect to each other.

Quoted

FertilityZone Disclaimer

Please note: Any posts in the Forum are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of the FZ team

By using the forum, individual posters agree not to post any defamatory or libellous posts and to accept full responsibility for the items they post.

If you participate in any forum on the site, you must not:

Defame, abuse, harass or threaten others
Make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements
Advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them
Post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law
Post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images
Post or distribute any software or materials that contain a virus or other harmful component
*Offer or request any form of drugs or medication - Unless you are a registered pharmacist it is illegal to give away or sell prescription only medication, you can be prosecuted for this and we can be closed down. Anyone found offering to sell or give away their medication on the site, either through our private message system or on the forum will have their account closed immediately

Site members and visitors shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. Information obtained in a forum may not be accurate or reliable. Never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated within any forum. FZ shall not be liable for any statement, misstatement, inaccuracy or omission of any type for any content submitted by a site member or visitor on any forum. If a user leaves the forum, their posts and threads will not be deleted.

Please remember that although members are welcome to add their personal experiences of individual hospitals or birth centres on this board, they must NOT post messages naming any member of staff at that hospital or birth centre. When referring to a member of staff, please ensure you only ever refer to them as the 'doctor,' 'nurse' etc.

Please also bear in mind that members can (and may be) held legally responsible for any comments posted by them which are considered to be of a slanderous or defamatory nature.

FZ will remove or edit any content posted to any forum at any time and for any reason

By submitting or uploading any materials to any forum, you represent and warrant that you are the owner of such materials and by that action grant FZ a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use and reproduce any such material for display on the site or a derivative created from the site. When posting, all posts become owned by the forum and copyright to forum posts and other information become the property of the forum

Failure to comply with the forum rules may result in your account being closed without warning.

If your account is closed by the team, we will not permit you to open a new account

Please also note that all IP addresses are recorded when items are posted

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 5:48pm

Gosh!

Personally, I don't think that the NOTW is a good idea but I do agree that the funding regime is unfair and biased. If only there was a magic pot of money available then I am sure that everyone's needs would be met by the NHS. Not just for infertility but all illnesses. Alot a people suffer for things that could be mended if only there was the money. It doesn't make it right, just the reality.

Hope you come to the right decision for you.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 7:30pm

Some posts have been removed from this thread for reasons highlighted in Eeyore's posts above. FertilityZone ask that offensive personal comments are not directed at any member regardless of their viewpoint.

Many people have made it clear that they felt uncomfortable about comments made by UKPrincess on Radio5 regarding leaving her husband and when asked for advice on whether to go to the tabloid press for cash you have offered your heartfelt opinions. I'm sure that UKPrincess has taken a lot from your comments thus far on this thread but we'd like to put a lid on those discussions now.

We hope this thread can now revert back to the matter in hand which is funding for all of the couples in this situation.

• Germany United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 12:30pm

Hi All

Just thought id let you know i have had a different offer from the South West News Service, who write for national Papers, Sunday Supplements such as daily mail and the womans weekly magzines such as woman, take a break, best, thats life, closer and bella.

These are the kinda onse you read in the doctors surgery lol.

This sound quite good and feel straight away positive about it as compaired to the one before.

• Germany United Kingdom

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 9:33am

Had a Letter Yesterday from PCT Telling me that they have a Professional Committee meeting on the 23rd June and a Board meeting on the 14th July meaning that the review of their policy should be completed then and asking me if i wanted to wait till then or make complaint.

I was fueming!! How thick are they? I didnt want to wait any longer that why i sent a second letter in a month ago with a big heading in the Re bit saying Formal Complaint. :hairout :pullhair:

So called them and was put through to the Head of Commissioning herself and had a right go for them waisting my time yet again another month. Now they put my complaint in, but they have a turn around time of 20 days so more wait. Plus the fact the person who deals with the Complaints isnt in for another week, so there head of communication and press is looking into it for me for the time being. How rediculous.

So will contact my local newspaper to run the storey what time waisters they are.

Also only just found out i can ask them for the proposal they maid for changes to the IVF policy at the begining of starting their review under the Freedom of Information act. So have put in for that to but again 20 days turn around. But i shall tell you guys one thing onces i get the proposal and ti turns out they never even had anything on there to looking itno the issue of funding to couples with previous children then the crap will hit roof, as that then means they have waisted my time since last year July and never even intended to change anything.

They werent very pleased when i mentioned it and tried to talk me out of it same with my complaint and also asking for a full independent investigation to be carried out.

So see what happens now. I also told them i am not gonna play nice guy anymore. And i shall pester them for absolutely everything i can request, and keep going to the papers till they get so annoyed and notice i will not go away!!!

6 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

6 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE