You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

julies

• "julies" started this thread

Reg: Mar 23rd 2009

Children: One little boy, born 13th April 2010,m

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 10:13am

I'm new to site & IVF

Hello,
I've just been reading the threads for the Chaucer and they have filled me with confidence. I was referred to the Chaucer in Oct 08. After a bit of chasing and waiting for the NHS licence to be renewed I had my 1st apt at the Chaucer on 1st May. The consultant was lovely - Ms Geyoushi. She explained everything. (She said she couldn't confirm the 2 NHS funded cycles yet as she said it hadn't been agreed...) I've got my chat & plan with the nurse on 26th May (got to repeat a blood test first on Day 3 of cycle as it's now a year old). So hopefully my treatment will start July/ August - tbc...

I started having tests done in March 08, many blood tests, ultrasounds, resulting in laporscopy in Sep 08. My husband had already had the ok.

I'd love to chat with anyone going through the same as me.

J

1st IVF :BFP: little boy
2nd IVF :BFN:
1st FET :BFN:
2nd FET Aug 13 :BFP:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 10:15am

Hi Julie,

and welcome to this lovely site. Here we are all going or gone through the same as you!
You'll find lots of info and people to talk with.
Good luck on your journey
babydust

Calypso

Superstar

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 10:20am

:hello: Julies!
Welcome to :FZ: This is a fab site with lots of support and advice! And lots of ladies going through the same as you - I'm sure you'll meet somebody else who's at the Chaucer. Glad you are being well looked after there! :smile:

I'm sure one of the team will be along soon to help you with the site. Have you had a look on the Cycle Buddy Boards to see who else is planning treatment at the same time as you?

:goodluck: with your ttc journey

:xxx3:

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, May 15th 2009, 8:18pm

Hi Julie,

I am also at Chaucer, and we are just about to start preparation for IVF. We have our chat and plan early June - so it's really nice to chat to someone who is at the same stage and the same clinic :smile: Perhaps you could post after your appointment as to what to expect from the chat and plan??

We have unexplained infertility, so do have the option of IUI or IVF. We are considering the options (as we are private so need to consider the cost versus success rates) but at the moment are thinking about IVF.

Happy for you to PM me direct, if you want to talk.

Take care,
Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

julies

Saturday, May 16th 2009, 9:44am

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your note. I was hoping to get in contact with someone at the same stage as me - some moral support & someone to chat too. Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, I will drop you a line after the chat & plan. We are just working our way through the various consent forms that need to be filled in. ?(

Had to repeat a day 3 blood test this week as my previous one was a year old, so now nothing to do but wait until the chat & plan. Am very nervous when I think about whether treatment will be successful, and not wishing to sound negative, worry how I will be if it doesn't work...We've agreed to give it a couple of goes, but fingers crossed we will be first time lucky.

I am also thinking of having acupuncture and hoping the chat & plan session will be able to recommend someone.

Julie x

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 11:10am

Hi Julie,

Yes it will be great having someone at the same clinic to talk too as we have not told friends or family about the IVF. Are you planning on telling work about it? We are undecided but I am worrying how we will manage all the appointments!

Also have you had an appointment with the counseller at Chaucer yet (Mary I think)? I am looking forward to hearing how your chat and plan goes - we are going on holiday the day of your appointment :smile:

I started acupuncture about a month ago - so hoping that makes a difference.

Nikki x

julies

Monday, May 18th 2009, 7:39pm

Hi Nikki,

We've told close friends and family. In some ways it helps, but in others its more pressure. I am going to have to tell my boss as I won't be able to sort time off easily. I am hoping by telling my boss (but not others at work) that it will be less stressful as I won't have to keep making excuses. I have a friend who had 2 successful IVFs and she found it was better for her that her boss knew. I think it really depends on the type of work and how you deal with things.

I haven't had an apt with the counsellor yet, I was waiting until our chat & plan. I think I will see the counsellor as I am sure it will really benefit me.

Is your acupuncturist local? Would you recommend?

If I don't hear from you before 26th, have a lovely holiday and relax. Hope you are going somewhere warm!

Julie x

Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 8:11pm

Hi Julie,

My accupuncturist is local - I'll drop you a PM with her details. I have had 4 sessions with her and it is so relaxing - was a bit apprehensive at first but it's fine. She is really nice and friendly and takes great interest in me so yes I do recommend her.

I look forward to hearing about your chat and plan - good luck :)

Nikki x