You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "chicklet" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2009

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 6:45pm

Hi

Hi Im New

We have been TTC for 2 years, HSG, transab scan & Internal scan- given all clear.
DH- count well above average. Have unexplained fertility.
started clomid nov 08 for 6 months after having private appt with dr.- no luck.
now referred to Hammersmith for both nhs and private IUI
private appt next week.
nhs appt end of may 09.
Me - 30 DH - 32
6 * Clomid - Nov 2008 - Apr 2009 - BFN
1st IVF/ ICSI - Sept 09 / Oct 2009- BFN
2nd IVF/ICSI & A/H - Dec/Jan 10 - BFN
3rd IVF/ICSI -May/Jun 10 - EC but no ET
4th IVF/ICSI - Jan/Feb 11 - BFN
5th IVF/ICSI/Blasto - June 11 - BFP

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 8:37pm

Welcome to :FZ: Chicklet

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an IUI/DI section HERE and the IUI CHATTER is HERE so you can chat to other going through IUI.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

JaneDan5

Reg: May 3rd 2009

Children: Hammersmith

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 8:48pm

Hi Chicklet,

I am quite new to this website aswell. Also at the Hammersmith for NHS treatment. Went for my first consultation there today and was really impressed with their friendliness, knowledge and time keeping (having had not a great experience with my local hospital before being referred!) The waiting time from referreal for treatment is apparently 2 - 4 months, but unfortunately i have to be referred to a haematologist before this as i have a history of blood clots. It was really dissappointing as i just want to get on with things, but it is good that they are being so thorough. Hopefully it won't delay things too much. Am also being seen at Hert & Essex fertility centre privately but really would like NHS treatment first! Will wait to see how long heamatologist referral will be and take things from there.
Hoefully everything will be straight foward for you and you will start treatment quite quickly!

Jane x
Me 38 DH 33
TTC since Oct 07
Early m/c Jan 08
Blocked left tube and mild endo
1st IVF Herts & Essex BFN july 09
2nd IVF Hammersmith Nov 09 zero fertilisation - Crap!!!

Calypso

Superstar

Friday, May 8th 2009, 7:55am

:hello: Chicklet
Welcome to :FZ:
Sorry you've had a bit of a disappointing time with clomid :sadface:
But glad you've got some appts coming up and hopefully some more tx! :smile:
:goodluck: with your ttc journey!

:xxx3:

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Friday, May 8th 2009, 3:20pm

Hi and welcome to FZ!

Sorry to hear that clomid wasn't the answer for you - hopefully the next step will be!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Monday, May 11th 2009, 8:02pm

Aww thanks every1. didnt know i would get such a big response!

Ive got my private appt with Dr Lavery at hammersmith tomorrow afternoon. im hoping they will say next step will be clomid/iui. Prior to clomid, i had a 20- 42 day cycle, on clomid it has been 26 days every month, just hope it stays this way now.

my nhs appt is also at hammersmith with Dr Lavery!! lol. i have no idea how thats going to work out!!

I also harrassed staff to get test results for everything ive had done over the past 2 years, just so im prepared when i go for the appts!!

xx
Me - 30 DH - 32

Reg: May 4th 2009

Children: One 4year old daughter and hoping she has a sibling soon !!

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 8:43am

Dear Chicklet

I can understand what it means when they say you have unexpalined infertility
I am in the same boat, clomid for 6/12 didnt work for me, but i am now undergoing IVF, as my doc thinks that IUI probably will not get me results, But then each case is different.
It can be quite frustrating and disheartening, but then this is where we can take it all out, and yes, you can be assured that the reader understands what you are going through....

good luck and best wishes

mirror

Me 29
DH 32
TTC 3+ yrs
Clomid 6 cycles BFN
1st cycle IVF May 09, fingers crossed xx
MIRRORstarsmile

Wednesday, May 13th 2009, 9:45pm

Hi Mirror

Good luck with the IVF, i really hope it works for you. ive heard all the success stories. really hope u will add to them! x x

I had my appt yesterday & since i responded to clomd when i was on it ( prog. level was 69, they normally expect 30)!! Dr Lavery said IUI will be next step for us.

he said go to our nhs appt at end of month, get the ball rolling as my local pct will fund 1 free IVF cycle but also get private IUI in the mean time.

dr also wanted us to have blood samples, another transvag scan and another sample from DH. i was lucky enough to get blood samples and scan done same day (paid for it) SCAN ALL CLEAR! :D we will go back next week to give DH sample. then end of month go for nhs appt. After which we will see Dr Lavery again, privately and fingers crossed start IUI.

x
Me - 30 DH - 32

Friday, May 15th 2009, 8:51pm

Welcome to FZ and best of luck with everything xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE