You are not logged in.

Unread posts

bambiuk

• "bambiuk" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2009

Children: I HAVE 4 GROWN UP

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 10:37pm

Irregular periods

hi,can anyone advise me please,i am new on here,i am 38 yrs old recently remarried,i have 4 grown up children and have been sterilised approx 9yrs ago using the clip method.we wanted to try for a baby.my hubby as a 11yr old daughter from previous marriage.i am going to see a consultant on 22nd of april to see about reversal,while waiting i went to my gp for fhs tests and it come back as 8.0 not sure if this is good or bad?for the past 6 months my periods have gone from every 28 days to on day 21 i spot for half of day yhen start properly on day 23 to 24 still lasting the same 5 days.i have had thyroid test and they come back normal.is there something i could take or ask my doctor for to regulate my periods?and do you think there is a possibility i could conceive naturally after reversal?please all advise greatly appriated thank you x

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, May 4th 2009, 11:57pm

Hi and welcome to FZ. Apologies for the delay in responding to you!

I hope your appointment with your consultant on 22nd April was good and that you got some answers to your questions.

Your FSH result of 8 is good. Under 10 is generally seen as being fine.

If your Consultant suspects you are not ovulating, you may be prescribed clomid. There's a great clomid board here where you can get lots of support if that's the road you go down.

As for conceiving naturally after a reversal, your Consultant would be the best person to advise. I have no experience in this area, but would guess that the operation wouldn't be done if they thought there was no chance of success.

Wishing you the best of luck on your TTC journey.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE