You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "laura-t" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2009

Children: N/csle CFL

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 3:03pm

Naughty Slimming tablets

Hello i wonder if anyone has had any experience with this or any idvise to give.
I have just started taking some slimming tablets as i am going away in July. One of my friends sai to me that they arein your system for like 3 months and the Dr might frown upon me taking these tablets. I am not having any kind of treatment at the moment and am only planning onb taking them for a little while to helpn give me a boost and if and when we are told what and when our treatment will start i obviously will stop.
Can any 1 help with this please
:sadface:
5 x ICSI: :BFN:
4th ICSI resulted in a:BFP: but lost our Dream Baby at 5 weeks ;(

Feb 2014 started adoption process hoping to be parents by Xmas :angel2:

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 3:10pm

RE: Naughty Slimming tablets

Eeyore will be along soon to tell you how bad they are :snigger:

I truly believe the only way is healthy eating.

I tried everything and the only thing which worked for me was Weightwatchers long term, I also think tablets are physcological, as soon as you start taking them you start to be good anyway - well I did.

Good luck

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 3:10pm

:sadface: I am afraid that you won't like my advice or that of the forum, slimming tablets aren't the answer, the answer really is just a few changes to your calorie/fat intake and exercise.

Can I ask what you are taking and where you bought them from?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 3:51pm

My friend took slimming tablet a few years ago and it's totally messed up her body hun.

She didn't change her lifestyl;e, so when she stopped taking them it all went back on and more.

I don't like the idea of them at all.

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 4:33pm

Hi Laura,

As I'm sure you realise it is very dangerous to take pills which haven't been prescribed to you by your docotor (which I'm assuming these haven't). They could be absolutely anything, for example some form of amphetamine, all types of which have been withdrawn due to dangers with their safety. You should stop taking them straight away!! There are a couple of types of weight-loss drugs available from your GP but you still need to be monitored closely as all drugs have side effects and they aren't safe for everyone.

Please stop taking them straight away, see you doctor if you really think you need a little extra help, although all weight-loss agents only work successfully with a healthy lifestyle.

Sx
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 4:40pm

hi hun

Please dont take them i took them couple of years back yes i felt good more energy etc BUT a week down the line i ended up very badly dehydrated i had been weeing loads and not thought anything of it , so went to doc when i started thowing up and major headaches found out i was severely dehydrated , later found out it was the tabs as the have a diuretic in them which make you lose fluid which obviously makes you lose the weight .

After stopping them i picked up and got better quickly but i really dont reccomend them to anyone

I agree a healthy diet and exercise is the only healthy way to lose the weight.

love
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN
IVF 2 MAY 09 BFN BLEEDING 6 DAYS BEFORE TEST DAY
WE ARE HAVING A BREAK FROM IVF FOR NOW

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 4:40pm

I worked with a lady who took the old fashioned slimming pills, they either contained amphetaime or something very similar because she was buzzing, couldn't sleep and became very 'different'. She lost a few pounds here and there but as soon as she stopped the weight piled on.

She's still very overweight but having seen what and how much she eats, it's no wonder.

The herbal type tablets are mainly weak appetite suppresants but if you're the kind of person that 'boredom eats' then lack of appetite doesn't mean that you won't eat.

The next kind are pills that stop the body from absorbing fat. If you eat fatty food you poo that fat out and sometimes with a degree of urgency. Lovely!

The ONLY way to lose weight is to eat less and move more. That doesn't mean that you have to live on rabbit food, it's just eating three meals a day, having portions that are right for a healthy woman and getting your body moving.

It's harder work than popping a pill but it works.

• "laura-t" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2009

Children: N/csle CFL

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 9:52am

Hiya girls well this is what i expected to hear as i know its not the right way to do it its just i feel so bad as the girls i am going away with are so skinny and i am not and just wanted a little kick boost, i not sure of the name but got them from a local sunbed shop and they seem to stop you from feeling hungry. I will stop taking them but apparently someone told me they stay in your system for 3 months do you this the Dr would pick up on this if they were to take more blood.
:bawl:
5 x ICSI: :BFN:
4th ICSI resulted in a:BFP: but lost our Dream Baby at 5 weeks ;(

Feb 2014 started adoption process hoping to be parents by Xmas :angel2:

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 9:57am

Hi Laura,

The question I would ask is 'why is a sunbed shop selling slimming pills?'
I definately think you should cut them out straight away.
The sunbed shop wouldn't be selling them in order to help people, only thenselves.
My friend spent £60 a month on her tablets and I know what Id rather do with that sort of money.
For £60 a month (£720 a year) you could buy lots of healthy foods and some exercise equipment and do it yourself.

xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 2:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by laura-t
Hiya girls well this is what i expected to hear as i know its not the right way to do it its just i feel so bad as the girls i am going away with are so skinny and i am not and just wanted a little kick boost, i not sure of the name but got them from a local sunbed shop and they seem to stop you from feeling hungry. I will stop taking them but apparently someone told me they stay in your system for 3 months do you this the Dr would pick up on this if they were to take more blood.
:bawl:

Did you read the ingredients?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE