You are not logged in.

Unread posts

tigermad

• "tigermad" started this thread

Reg: Apr 21st 2009

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 3:09pm

hi

im new on here and my friend told me to give this ago i have some questions that no one will seem to answer.

i have been with my partner 20 months and we have been trying for a child he has children from a previous relationships, but hasnt worked for us, every time we seek doctor advice we get told to come back in so many months and for my self to loose weight when he know at the moment it isnt an option, we have had the ovulating tests and have come back fine.

can anyone help me

thanks nik

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 3:44pm

Hi again Nik

As Bubble suggested on your other thread, it's really worth asking to see another Dr if you aren't happy with the one you have seen.

You mentioned in your other thread that your BMI is 35, this is why your Dr has asked you to lose weight I am afraid as many fertility consultants won't start treatment until your BMI is within a healthy range, normally 30 is the cut off but *some* will see you at 35.

This thread explains the relationship between weight and fertility INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO DIET & REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM and this one IS YOUR WEIGHT STOPPING YOU FROM HAVING A BABY? explains how we can help you. Unfortunately studies show that your chances of getting pregnant fall by 4% for every point your BMI is over 29 :sadface:

You will also need to check if you are entitled to NHS support because your DH has children already as it used to be the case that you wouldn't be, but luckily this is starting to change and in some areas the rules only apply if the female partner has children.

Have a read through this thread too

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO INITIAL FERTILITY TESTS

It will give you an idea of what to expect once you get the support of a more understanding Dr!

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

tigermad

Thursday, April 23rd 2009, 4:36pm

my friend suggested me to try another forum sorry just wanted to know the basics on options of fertility treatment.

so i can prove to my doctor that i have done research and that we are serious about this, im going to try a different doctor but in case they tell me to go back to my orignal doctor i wanted to be prepared

nik

tigermad

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 6:18pm

hi i took your advice and saw another doctor and she automatically reffered me for investigation at the nearest hospital, thanks for the advice

nik

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 6:40pm

Excellent news :D
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE