You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "babymaybeme?" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "babymaybeme?" started this thread

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Baby on the way.

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 8:17pm

Stats for sucessful TESE?

Hello,

Does anyone know the statistics for sucessful TESE?

Hope you are all having a fab evening xxx

babydust

13 July 2011 :BFP:
bab21

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 10:21pm

RE: Stats for sucessful TESE?

Quoted

Originally posted by babymaybeme?
Hello,

Does anyone know the statistics for sucessful TESE?

Hi to you,

I don't think that there are any real figures for TESE as it is done in different ways by different people, also often at the same time they will use other retrieval techniques in the same session if sperm are not immediately recovered with TESE. With some men, sperm will be recovered on some occasions and not others. So it is a very variable procedure. It is also done in different male situations with different diagnoses, and you can't put all these together and compare like with like. The individual history will influence the likely outcome.

Finally it depends on what you mean by a successful TESE result. Do you mean sperm recovery of any sort, or of motile sperm or do you mean a pregnancy. This is the obvious ideal outcome, but this is dependent upon other factors to do with the IVF technique and the fertility of the partner.

So it is something that needs to be when there is azoospermia and you can't really predict how it will go.

Good luck

Paul
X
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Monday, April 6th 2009, 9:16pm

Thank you for your reply.

Basically I am just trying to hold on to some hope. I have no idea where this journey is going and I'm finding it difficult to stay positive.

I just wanted to know, if they did a TESE op, what's the chances they would find something. Probably the same question as 'how long is a piece of string'.

Thanks again.

babydust

bab21

Addy

Ace

Reg: Nov 6th 2006

Monday, April 6th 2009, 9:52pm

Hi there Mrs H,

Unfortunately, I don't know much about TESE, although my clinic had my DH on standby in case he produced a very bad sample. They said that if it was that bad, they'd go in and do TESE. I only know of 1 couple who has done TESE and they had it at my clinic. On their first cycle, they got pregnant but she miscarried. On their second cycle, she got pregnant and had a baby last May. They will be returning soon for a brother or sister for their boy. They had it because the male partner had the vas deferens absence. I don't know what the quality of his sperm was like, but he had normal fertilisation. So it does work!

Addy
xxxx
Me-33 DH-40
2 boys from ICSI
Donor cycle Mar '11 - 3 recipients (2 x BFP (both with twins) 1 x BFN)

Monday, April 6th 2009, 10:05pm

Thanks Addy xxx :smile:

babydust

bab21

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE