You are not logged in.

Unread posts

bronte

• "bronte" started this thread

Reg: Jan 6th 2009

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 12:53pm

SCAN-HEALTH and opening dates

Hi everyone.We were so impressed with feedback from Norway that we have booked our first consulation with Jon on 28th May.We have to have IVF as my lap & dye revealed badly damaged Fallopian tubes plus I've just turned 40!!

My question is that because we are both teachers,we are tied to school holidays & I believe the clinic is closed for summer.Does anyone know exactly when it is closed?

Has anyone else had the same problem as obviously we will have to fly out for the egg collection etc according to my cycle & sadly,especially as they are not totally regular,not inline with holidays?My governors have told me I can take 3 days paid leave only,but if both of us have to take a week off,then heaven knows how we will be able to afford it.

Any advice much welcomed!

Jo101

Star

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 3:04pm

Well I live in this part of the world and I believe that the clinics in Sweden close at the end of June until mid Aug I guess Norway is similar.

We travelled back to the UK for tx and we were lucky cause we stayed with family etc.

It is tricky when things are irregular and it will be stressful.How much will you infact save by going to Norway? I really think you should do your sums as you may find that the saving and the hassle is not worth it. When you add in flights, accomodation, spending money etc. it will certainly add up.

If I were you I would do tx over your summer hols when you have plenty of time to relax. However if the savings are massive then I can totally see the attraction.

Jo x

2nd IVF :BFP:

Amaibaby

Reg: Aug 14th 2008

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 4:59pm

RE: SCAN-HEALTH and opening dates

Hi Bronte and welcome to the Norway thread.
I think you will like the Scanhealth team. In my opinion they are miles better than the clinic I used here in the UK and I cannot recommend them enough. The travelling and being away from home is a bit of a 'faf' but it's all worth it if we can get the much wanted BFP!! (We also saved about £2000 having our treatment there compared with how much we paid for the UK treatment)

With regards to the holidays, I think the best thing is to phone or e-mail them to find out exactly when they are closed. With regards to your irregular cycles, Jon put me on the pill to regularise my cycle before ivf. It makes planning things much easier when you know exactly what your body will be doing at any given time.

Good luck!!

bronte

• "bronte" started this thread

Reg: Jan 6th 2009

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 2:16pm

Thanks for all your advice and support!

We sadly cannot get IVF on the NHS in the UK as I turned 40 in February ( the clock is ticking!!!!) plus my DH has 2 children already. I feel like I am being penalised on both counts!

Due to my age, the stats drop drastically for IVF success rates, even though I have been told by Jon via email, that it all depends on my biological age. As of now, no more alcohol ( grrrrr!) and more fresh fruit, veg and water per day. I have been having acupuncture for 3 months too and find it fabulous. Our appointment is for Friday 29th May, so between now and then, I will be desperately trying to reduce my biological age.

Health-Scan sounds perfect for us, the only drawback being the clinic closing for a large part of summer, when we too, as teachers are on holiday, however what together with the huge savings being made and the higher success rate than anywhere in the UK, it seems like the best choice.

Thanks once again for all the support. We await my AMH results....

MLP

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Wednesday, April 15th 2009, 4:32pm

Hi

I was a teacher too before I had my beautifull little girl with help from Norway last year! They sorted out my treatment so that it coincided with the school holidays and in 2007 (when I had my IVF) they were shut for July as their summer holiday and when I went back last summer to show them the miracle that they had created I saw them in August as again they were closed for July - so I would say that probably they will be closed for July 2009! Speak to the clinic and ask them - the staff are wonderful.

Good Luck

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE