You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

smurfy

• "smurfy" started this thread

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 11:54am

Prague IVF Fantastic

Hi

I'm back from Prague after a cycle of IVF. I was put on a long protocol and flew out to Prague on 11th November until 21st November. We had a special package with an apartment and flights, tratement, transfers to and from the airport and the clinic, direct line to the consultant to talk to him daily post fertilisation. Also had a free line to the UK to call my Husband when he had to return to the UK and my Parents flew out with me and were put up in the apartment with me. :happy:

There was also contact with people on the ground in Prague continually in case I needed anything. Very friendly and supportive. :thumbsup2:

They managed to gather 7 very good eggs all of which fertilised (apparently they gather very good ripe looking eggs that the consultant is confident about). All 7 fertilised and they were kept for 4 days, transfer on the 5th day. At this time one of the 7 stopped developing but the others had so many cells they could no longer count them. Our previous UK tries had resulted in a maximum of 6 cells after 3 days and a 4th day transfer.

We were also told that we only needed IVF yet encouraged in the Uk to do ICSI every time.

I'm now in the waiting time, have been told that if I haven't had a period by 8th December then I'm almost certainly pregnant. I'll then have to do a urine and blood test and take it from there. It is such a difficult time but keeping fingers and toes crossed. In the constant panic mode every time I go to the toilet .... jilly

If anyone wants to know more about Prague please post and look out for their advert PB Baby in the Observer on Sunday 7th December.

Love Smurfy xxxxx
Me=35, DH=58 May 07 ICSI = BFN, FET Aug 07 = BFN, April 08 ICSI = BFN, Jun 08 ICSI = BFN, JUL 08= miscarriage 3wks
Expecting Twins: IVF in Prague

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "smurfy" (Dec 2nd 2008, 12:03pm)

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 12:19pm

thats sounds very good hun

can i ask how much it was?
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Jan 29th 2008

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 12:24pm

Wow Smurfy, that sounds fantastic!!! Its so nice to know you have the support and understanding of team treating you, i feel this is sometimes lacking with clinics in the UK. Do you mind me asking how much the whole package cost you, i won't be offended if you do.

Thanks for the info, and good luck!!
Caroline

Me: PCOS, DP: No problems
April 08 IUI with inj -BFP, early loss @ 5 wks :sadface:
July 08 IUI with inj - Early loss/Chemical preg :sadface:
Jan 09 IVF(Round 1) - BFP/Chemical preg :sadface:
Compatability issues, NK cell result 6.9%
Oct 09 - FET with LIT - BFP!!!!!!!!!! Please stay with us little one/s

smurfy

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 1:17pm

Hi Caroline

I had a special deal as it was a sort of negotiated package because I've suggested I'll help to promote the business and to advise other people going there for treatment. Normally, the whole package would cost £3500 and I was told that if ICSI had been required then this would have been included in the price. My Husband left Prague to go to Holland on business then back to Prague again and the driver collected him and dropped him off at the apartment both times, all as part of the package.

The drugs are generally included but we did pay for some steroids (they give you a mild dose pre transfer onwards as standard) and the pessaries. This probaby cost us an extra £20. We also flew over for an initial consultation which was £100 and put up in an apartment for £50 per person or couple per night, we booked our own flights through BMI baby. This initial consultation may be negotiated with the organiser, a Czech anaethetist who formed Prague Beauty and has developed PB Baby as part of Prague Beauty but a subsidiary business.

The whole protocol started 19th October, taking Syranel (nasal spray twice daily). I then arranged a scan at the local hospital for 5th November to make sure I had no cysts and my endometrium was thin, then commenced Menopur and flew out 11th November with a scan in Prague on 13th November. Extraction 17th November and transfer 21st November.

I also had an anaesethic not a sedative so had to by law have a full examination (ecg, bloods to check kidney, liver etc). All paid for as part of the package.

It was a bit of a weird experience in the case that I was in a room with 4-5 other women pre-treatment and post but not that stressful. The facilities are very clean and the consultant spoke to me on every occasion with a private consultation with my Husband and I.

The drugs I was given for the long protocol were part of the price. Also,
So far they've had 10 about 10 couples go through this package deal from the UK (obviously more direct to the clinic) but all 10 became pregnant. I'm just hoping I don't let the statistics down .... :sadface:

Good luck with your appointment.

Take care, love

Smurfy xxxxx
Me=35, DH=58 May 07 ICSI = BFN, FET Aug 07 = BFN, April 08 ICSI = BFN, Jun 08 ICSI = BFN, JUL 08= miscarriage 3wks

kar1

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 1:36pm

wow 3500 is great for all that
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

smurfy

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 1:49pm

HI Kar1

Sorry I missed your posting .... the price is very good. I must admit that I had become a little distressed at the thought of returning to the same clinic in the UK as it was the same old routine resulting in a BFN. :bawl:

In Prague I was told that if two tries at short protocol has failed they move women onto long protocol. I had the same protocol and advised to do ICSI 4 times in the UK. My Husband and I discovered that the best UK cycle was our first which was part ICSI and part IVF but the clinic wouldn't provide us with a breakdown of success of each i.e. whether IVF worked better for us so we kept going down the ICSI route and spending another £1000 a time. It isn't the money of course but this in Prague has made us think about things.

Good luck with things

Smurfy xxxxxx

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 9:33am

Good luck Smurfy - the prices at the clinic sound good. Was it a nice place? We are thinking of going to Spain for treatment
HSE xx

smurfy

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 11:29am

Hi HopeSpringsEternal

I must admit that Prague is a very beautiful place and almost like a fairy tale with the castle and pretty squares, streets and buildings. It#s the sort of place you start thinking that dreams really can come true.

The clinic was lovely, very clean and professional. All the staff were caring, understanding and so friendly. I liked the fact the consultant gave me his number so I could ring him anytime and the remaining staff were always there for support.

I was also impressed by the statistics, my consultant told me that aged 35 I fell into the rate of 60% success to transfer stage i.e. day 5 and 75% pregnancy success post transfer on day 5. I think their overall success rate is around the 50%.

Good luck with everything, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Smurfy xxxxx

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 1:14pm

thanks smurfy

HSE x

kar1

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 9:22pm

hun where in wales are you?

i have been in touch with this clinic today and i have to say they sound fab
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

smurfy

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 1:26pm

Just got my blood test results back and I'm pregnant. HCG level of just over 3000, the nurse seemed pleased but hope that sounds okay .....

Love Smurfy xxxxxxx :D

Reg: Sep 8th 2008

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 4:19pm

Fantastic news!

Congratulations That is just marvellous. :happy: :happy: :happy: I'm not too good on figures but they seem high to me. It's great news. Please PM me with the details of the clinic. I am really interested even though we're supposed to stop trying now - perhaps we might give them a chance......... :P
Miracle Baby girl arrived 22 Aug 09. Still trying to adopt our little love in Zimbabwe
MY PREGNANCY DIARY

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 6:05pm

hi smurfy< i found their site on the web> sorry no fullstops today> i"m still so delighted for you> good for you for persevering and getting your well deserved bfp
Miracle Baby girl arrived 22 Aug 09. Still trying to adopt our little love in Zimbabwe
MY PREGNANCY DIARY

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 6:05pm

hi smurfy< i found their site on the web> sorry no fullstops today> i"m still so delighted for you> good for you for persevering and getting your well deserved bfp
MY PREGNANCY DIARY

tippy

Reg: Jul 20th 2007

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 7:56pm

Congratulations smurtfy x well done x I'm having treatment in Norway at the moment
I hope ibwill be as lucky as you x
ME 34 DH 42
TTC 6 and half Years
1ST ICSI Cycle Sept. 2007 (bfn) Swansea LWC
abandoned cycle July 2007
2nd ICSI Cycle Dec 2008 (bfn) Clinic Hauskin Norway

:rose: TIPPY :rose:

kar1

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 8:59pm

wow thats brill news

well done
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

smurfy

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 10:38am

The main contact person is: Bob Bakalar: praguebeauty@googlemail.com

The clinic is ProNatal in Prague but the package is arranged through a Company called Prague Beauty (don't be put off by the fact it focuses on cosmetic surgery PB Baby has been set up as a subsidiary.

There have been approximately 10 of us from the UK as it is early days for the IVF package part of the business. However, I understrand that all 10 became pregnant.

I've just got loads of faith in their ability to do the best and to give sound advise.

Good luck ladies to all of you trying, I've my fingers and toes crossed.

Love Smurfy :goodluck:

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 8:33pm

Congratulations hun,thats great news!

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Friday, December 12th 2008, 9:00pm

Thanks Smurfy for the extra info.
MY PREGNANCY DIARY

smurfy

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 12:50pm

Meant to get in contact .... It's TWINS!!!! Both embryos took! :happy:

Have the 12 week scan on 27th january so fingers crossed all is still going well.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "smurfy" (Jan 14th 2009, 12:53pm)

Reg: Jan 7th 2008

Children: 1 daughter 11yrs -prev marriage

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 6:35pm

Congratulation Smurfy on Twins :thumbsup2:

I've been looking into treatment abroad just in case my current treatment is unsuccessful and I have been following this thread.

Thank you for all the info it has been very inspiring and encouraging. If we do end up going down this road would it be ok to 'pm' you if you are still around !

Wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy

Penny
xxxxx
:rainbow:

TCC 6 years
15mths over 2yrs of Clomid unmonitored
1 m/c - 100mg clomid 2006
1 missed m/c 150mg clomid 2007
Lap & Dye 2008 - All clear
6 out 6 - unsuccessful at ovulation induction treatment

1st cycle of short protocol IVF........... May 09 :BFP: Still in shock ! Elective Caesarean Section booked for Tuesday 26th Jan 2010 !!

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 9:29pm

Congratulations on TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Great news! :D

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

kar1

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 9:33pm

wow wow wow

well done
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

mrsantro

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 9:41pm

Congrats on Twins!!!!

(I also had IVF/ICSI In prague- different location & got lucky too)

smurfy

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 10:03am

Hi MrsIndie

No problem in you asking me questions directly by email and if you would like to I can also give you a telephone number and we could have a chat about things.

Good luck at the moment though.

Take care

Smurfy xxxxxxx

smurfy

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 10:05am

Hi mrsantro

Maybe it's the water in the Czech Republic .... good experience though! :D

Congratulations to you too.

Take care

Smurfy xxxxxx

Reg: Jan 7th 2008

Children: 1 daughter 11yrs -prev marriage

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 10:17pm

Thanks smurfy, I will get in touch if our road leads this way

Good luck with the twins

Penny xxxxx
:rainbow:

TCC 6 years
15mths over 2yrs of Clomid unmonitored
1 m/c - 100mg clomid 2006
1 missed m/c 150mg clomid 2007
Lap & Dye 2008 - All clear
6 out 6 - unsuccessful at ovulation induction treatment

1st cycle of short protocol IVF........... May 09 :BFP: Still in shock ! Elective Caesarean Section booked for Tuesday 26th Jan 2010 !!

fruity

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Sunday, April 5th 2009, 11:43pm

RE: Prague IVF Fantastic

congratulations.... I've just read this thread. I hope all is progressing well with you.

could you pm me the details of the clinic you used ?

Thanx

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Thursday, April 9th 2009, 12:33pm

RE: Prague IVF Fantastic

http://www.praguebeauty.co.uk/index.php?…o_fertilization

Iv just returned from there too....here's hoping for the same luck :shush:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kittenlove" (Apr 9th 2009, 12:33pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE