You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "crazy-mel" started this thread

Reg: Jul 9th 2006

Sunday, July 9th 2006, 10:41pm

egg donors

;( Hi, please, please help me. After waiting 18 months for a suitable donor, I finally got pregnant but unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks. I feel so sad and just don't know how long I'll have to wait for another donor. Can anyone give me any hope? This was my 6th assisted conception attempt ( 3 IUI, 2 IVF and this one using the donor (shared) eggs) Feel I was really unlucky as my egg sharer could only let me have three and two didn't defrost so ended up with only one! Already started saving up for the next go but it's getting really hard.

Reg: Apr 23rd 2006

Monday, July 10th 2006, 12:44pm

RE: egg donors

Hey,

I'm really sorry for your loss Mel. I can't answer your specific question but why don't you post your thread to the egg-donation / egg-sharing forum and hopefully somebody on there will.

Have you looked into egg-sharing? I think it's a great way to help two couples out and will hopefully be looking into it myself in a few months.

Do you think it might do you good to have a little rest from things too? You need to be ready both emotionally and physically and you really need to look after yourself. You need time to come to terms with things and let head get straight.

Please don't keep things bottled and we're all here to help eachother through it.

Take care Hun XXX

Me 28 DH 32 [zx101]
1st ICSI Dec 05 8 eggs, 3 fert :BFN:
Left Tube removed June 06
2nd ICSI March 07 16 eggs, 7 fert:BFN:
3rd ICSI July 07 - 22 eggs, 5 fert :BFN:
4th ICSI Dec 07 with blasto, lovely eggs, slow development to blasto :BFN:

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Monday, July 10th 2006, 12:56pm

Hi Mel

welcome to the site.

very sorry to read of your m/c. it is such a horrid cruel thing to happen after so long waiting. but you are in a great place here, there is lots of support for you.

i'm afraid I can't help answer how long your wait will be :(
What is the egg-sharing/donation programme like in Sheffield? Can you talk to your clinic about the level of prospective donors in your area?

i do feel for you hun.. [zx127] hopefully being here now will help make the time easier

Lisa
xx

Reg: Feb 3rd 2006

Monday, July 10th 2006, 2:01pm

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not sure about egg donors etc but I hope you get the answers you need soon.
Me 27 DH 35
Natural Pregnancy 2001 miscarried at 10 weeks
Natural Pregnancy Daughter born May 2002
TTC baby #2 since 2003
ICSI #1 September 2005 - BFN
ICSI #2 February 2006 - BFP miscarried at 8 weeks

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE