You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Lunababe

• "Lunababe" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 19th 2009

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 7:17pm

confused - is all this necessary???

I have asked a clinic about Vasectomy reversal with the option on SSR at the same time.
They were very helpfull and came back with prices etc, but I don't know if all of this would have to be done or what some of it even is?? I mean is overnight stay compulsory?
Help!!!

Initial Consultation - i know this one
Any Follow Ups - and this one
Reversal Vasectomy - obvious
Anaesthetist
Hosp fees for over night stay
Histology apprx per testicle
Testicular Sperm Freezing -obvious
Medication - are special meds required? or would they just be charging for pain killers?

Sorry if i'm being dim!

Calypso

Superstar

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 7:33pm

Hi hun, I don't know anything about vasectomy reversals I'm afraid, but with anything like this, I would certainly approach a few clinic for the same info so that you can compare.

I'm sure somebody will be along soon to advise.

Good luck. xx

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 7:49pm

Hiya, sorry I can't help you much, but I think the anaesthetist part will cover the fee for the anaesthetist covering the op, if it is done under a general anaesthetic, or maybe even if it is done under a local anesthetic, they would adminster the local anaesthetic. He/she would possibly also manage things like pain relief.

xxx

<

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 7:56pm

RE: confused - is all this necessary???

Quoted

[I mean is overnight stay compulsory...Hosp fees for over night stay...Histology apprx per testicle...are special meds required? or would they just be charging for pain killers?

Opinions vary but a reversal is obviously a much more major operation than a vasectomy, and overnight stay is quite frequently suggested to check for bleeding and haematomas. Histology on testicular tissue would would not normally be done for a simple reversal, and not usually for sperm retrieval. It would only be indicated where there was azoospermia for no apparent reason. The drugs will be analgesics as required, antibiotic cover, and probably they are charging you separately for the anaethetic drugs. The operation fee is therefore simply the surgeons fee.

It is an od way of doing it I agree. Ask them about how essential is the histology fee - this will probably be around £80?. And also is it their normal practice to keep him in overnight - it may be.

But also ask around other units and Urologists for their fees for the same thing.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Lunababe

• "Lunababe" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 19th 2009

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 8:47pm

They quoted £232 per testical for the Histology fee!?!?!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE