You are not logged in.

Unread posts

esha

Star

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: 2 boys and awaiting 3rd baby

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:20pm

KJ~ i was on the long protocol and had to down regulate my clinics procedure was this rather than inejctions and i actually started my spray back in november and had tx in december so really i was doing tx for 2 months.

The period i had after bursellign was really heavy and painful I was in my bed all day.

missing you guys also.

nazia

Reg: Oct 31st 2008

Children: iui at barts

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:22pm

hi everyon hope everyon is goood!!

Esha where u comin in UK? London??
Hope everyone is fine., stickyvibes to everyone and good luck everyone who is on 2ww and blood tests etc.

esha

Star

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:24pm

nazia ~ how are you?? i'm visitng my parents in Preston thats where i'm orignally from and moved up to glasgow when i got married to DH

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:39pm

...thanks for clarifying Esha

MrsW

Ace

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 4:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by KayJay
Housework all done now...phew! MrsW - you can come and clean my house anytime :snigger: I hate doing it...never used to mind it but now dread the thought of it but glad its done for another week! Have polished, swept, vaccumed and mopped all over, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and tidied in the conservatory and utility room.....DH and I are pretty tidy anyway so tend to clean up as we go along but always hate doing the usual weekly clean........imagine what I'll be like when we have kids!

Re injections...I've been on Menopur and apart from a little dizziness and minor headaches initially I've not really noticed any side effects.

SBruno - do you know if Menopur is as 'risky' as Gonal F? I know they say there is a possibility of cervical cancer with these treatments but didn't realise they are advising those with a family history of cancer not to taken them...

:hello: everyone else x

MrsW

Ace

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 4:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by KayJay
Housework all done now...phew! MrsW - you can come and clean my house anytime :snigger: I hate doing it...never used to mind it but now dread the thought of it but glad its done for another week! Have polished, swept, vaccumed and mopped all over, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and tidied in the conservatory and utility room.....DH and I are pretty tidy anyway so tend to clean up as we go along but always hate doing the usual weekly clean........imagine what I'll be like when we have kids!

Re injections...I've been on Menopur and apart from a little dizziness and minor headaches initially I've not really noticed any side effects.

SBruno - do you know if Menopur is as 'risky' as Gonal F? I know they say there is a possibility of cervical cancer with these treatments but didn't realise they are advising those with a family history of cancer not to taken them...

:hello: everyone else x

Sounds like heaven ! :snigger: to me ...

esha

Star

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 4:20pm

mrs w ~ your :loony:

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 6:00pm

Cor blimey ladies, you lot don't half chat!!! Good to see you all getting on and helping each other out!

Sending you all love and luck while I try to catch up!

x

Reg: Feb 11th 2009

Children: none

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 7:30pm

Hiya

Is there any ladys that are doing the IUI that are near there dreaded 40. My iui is in Portsmouth if anyone out there is having treatment at St Marys

Tracey

Reg: Dec 20th 2008

Children: leeds/bradfo

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 8:52pm

Hi Ladies

I had my first injection today! It went fine, Dp did it for me although he did jab it in to my leg, talk about getting his own back! I think I will do my own on sat! :snigger:

When I had the scan she said that i could have pcos which I was shocked at, every test ive had have all been fine, even the lap and dye.

I had a banging headache this morning I think I was stressing more than I thought I was because I was fine after! I could do with some relaxation classes or something to stop me stressing out so much!

Helen x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 8:52pm

Hi everyone

As a team and as a forum, we would like to support Sperm Scientist whose clinic is in danger of losing NHS funding for IUI.

** ALL MEMBERS PLEASE! **

We would really appreciate it if you could take two minutes to download the letter in the above thread and send to the FREEPOST address at the top. Sperm Scientist has been an amazing support to FertilityZone and we would be so grateful if you could help her in return.

Many thanks

The Team!
x

Reg: Jul 24th 2008

Children: 2 Daughters - we have been blessed!

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 8:56pm

Glad the scan and injection went ok!

Reg: Jun 25th 2008

Children: Hospiten

Friday, February 27th 2009, 8:49am

Morning all

Glad first injection went well Meadyhumm

Kept having strong af pains last night, for a few minutes here and there :bawl: (.) (.) hurt this morning, but i think it's either one of the two - pessaries or the way i slept. Under my armpits. :snigger: ahhhhhhhh well 6 days to go.

How's everyone today?

MrsW

Ace

Friday, February 27th 2009, 11:34am

Morning all,
I'm had my day 9 scans and bloods this morning, I have a 14, 11 and lots of smaller follies ! I am very positive this month, I have to go back on monday and they are looking at having IUI on wednesday. :pray:

Friday, February 27th 2009, 12:19pm

That's great news Clair, good luck for monday :happy:

MrsW

Ace

Friday, February 27th 2009, 1:42pm

Thank you charlie. Are you on the dreaded 2ww ? x

Friday, February 27th 2009, 1:58pm

Yep and i'm having a bad time of it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I've got a really strong feeling that af is going to show up real soon. I'm only on CD 22, but i've been having cramps for a few days and since yesterday i'm getting "she's definately on her way" pain. Today as well, but it comes and goes. So i don't know what to think. :bawl: and i'm tired of hearing myself.

vent over :snigger:

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:33pm

Hi ladies,

I had IUI this morning so I'm now officially PUPO and on my 2(and a bit)ww....had my scan first thing and I have to admit I didn't think my follie would be ready but it was so had tx just after 12pm. Am back home now resting up....am under strict instructions from DH to take it easy. It's a lovely day out there and I'm feeling pretty positive........let's see how I'm feeling later on in the 2ww :snigger:

Hope you're all doing well. Meadyhumm - well done with your first injection. Don't get too stressed about PCOS - it really is extremely common and doesn't necessarilly affect your fertility.

Charlie - I hope the pains are a good sign and hope the witch stays away x

MrsW - your 9 day results are looking good. Keep up that PMA and good luck for Monday and Weds x

Everyone else lurve

MrsW

Ace

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:41pm

Hi Kay,
Make sure you relax, put on a good movie and put your feet up.

Charlie .. try to think positive.. you never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hi to everyone else. x

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:46pm

Thanks Mrs W....am logging off now and going to put on some of my fave programmes which I've recorded on Sky Plus....Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives...

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:54pm

Thanx alot Clair xx

KJ remember looooots of rest.

Reg: Sep 17th 2008

Children: Kai is on the way :-)

Friday, February 27th 2009, 5:23pm

:weehee: KAYJAY: So happy about your IUI :P I hope you have a great 2ww and get your BFP this month XX

Meadyhumm: Good news about your injection!

CHARLIE: Hi darling, sorry to hear your having a horrible 2ww. I hope the evil AF stays away! Lots of babydust for you..

MRSW: Great news honey. Wishing you lots of luck for Monday and Wednesday.

TOSBOURNE: Hi, i`m 33 in a week :innocent:

2MUMS: how`s the injections going?
MUMSX2: How are you?

How are you SLYFOXY? WOW!! I would love to show horses :D I`m thinking, if i do another IUI i might go unmedicated too!

How`s things going LALAZIG , MARIE and FIJAMEZ??

How did your IUI go CLAIREYBELL,SBRUNO and BETTY?

NAZIA, MAD, COOP, MELIH: How are you girls??

HELLO :D POLLY, INDIECHICK AND RENE XX

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND 88)

George1

Reg: Jan 6th 2009

Friday, February 27th 2009, 7:11pm

Hi everyone

Can i join in ur thread please??
i'm 27 DP 25 and we have recently been referred for assisted conception on nhs. We are on the ivf waiting list, but they are going to try iui a few months whilst i am waiting for ivf.

I know what IUI is, but im not sure what the process is with injections, scans, etc.. and was wondering if you ladies could help me please?!

Firstly my left tube is swollen so at a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy, what i'm wondering is could they scan me to see which ovary is going to release the egg, then if its my left ovary i could hold the iui until next month when my right ovary will release egg down my good tube. Sorry if im confusing everyone??!! ?(

I think they are going to give me clomid cos i never used to ovulate on my own.

So i would REALLY appreciate it if someone could give me a dummies step by step guide to this IUI lark??!!

thank you :happy:
xx

Reg: Oct 15th 2007

Children: Still hoping for our first.

Friday, February 27th 2009, 7:36pm

Hi girlies,

Had my IUI this morning at 10am - Snap SBruno and Kayjay!! We're on the 2ww together! DH's sperm was good, 19 million at 99% motility ( from 50 million total) much better than last IUI so we're feeling positive. Came home and slept most of the day!!

Kayjay - good to hear that you had you IUI as planned and you're relaxing!
SBruno - let us know how it went?
Betty - ditto - how did it go?
MrsW - sounds good! they are moving well. Good Luck for Monday and fingers crossed for Wednesday!
Charlie - PMA! PMA! it could be anything that cramping. it could be good news. Think positively and repeat to yourself positive sentences. You might look a bit mad but you never know it might help! I'm trying it this cycle. Last cycle I was all negative and convinced that AF was arriving at any moment when I felt cramping so this time I'm gonna put it to the back of mind and when I do think about it, I'm going to repeat positive sentences to myself (like 'I want to be pregnant this cycle, I want to be fertile') I know it sounds a bit mad but I'll try anything once!

Hello to George1 - welcome to the IUI chitter chatter. With ovulation induction, you might get a follicle on each side or only ever on your left side. You can't really tell and the ovaries don't really take turns. (as far as I know). But if you're willing to give it a try, speak to a clinic or your doctor and see if they will give it a go. It sounds like they are considering IUI for you so maybe the swollen tube isn't a concern to them. You can only ask them.
IUI - (my experience) - you go for a baseline scan when you get your period. They are checking for cysts and that you can go ahead with the IUI cycle. They show you how to inject yourself with the induction drugs (what they are and the quantities will be specific to you) you go away for about 8 or 9 days, injecting each day or every other day depending on what your doctor has decided. You then go back for scans to see what the follicles are doing i.e. if they are growing, no response or a slow response. The clinic might change your drug quantities depending on the scan results. Then (in my experience) you go back every other day for another scan to monitor progress of the follicle(s). Once one follicle has reached 18mm or over (deemed mature) you will be given a trigger shot (pregnyl) to inject at a certain time. Approx 40 hours after that, you will be asked to go to the clinic, if your partner is providing the sperm, he will need to be at the clinic a few hours beforehand to give the sample (in clinic) and for it to be prepared. Then you are inseminated via a catheter in through the cervix, to the uterus. Then you are usually asked to test 16 days after that (depends on clinic, some ask for a test 15 days after that some longer). Hope that helps.

It's all straightforward and you'll soon pick it up. I was embarrased the first IUI cycle but this cycle, I wasn't phased and even allowed two norwegian consultants to watch the procedure (visiting to observe my clinics way of doing things).

Hello to everyone else! I need to go back and catch up!

Friday, February 27th 2009, 8:32pm

Claire - so good to hear you with loads of PMA....we ARE going to get pg this cycle! I like that way of thinking!

George - welcome to this thread...I hope you find it useful..I picked up loads about the process by joining in here as I had been waiting for my first assisted cycle. My experience was very similar to Claire's. They keep a close eye on you at the start so you'll know what's happening with follies on each side.

Betty - hun I know you've not got access to the internet at the mo but been thinking about you and hope all went well...looking forward to hearing from you on Tues..miss you x

All our other IUI ladies I hope you're all well and enjoying the weekend...loads and loads of babydust and :sticky: to us all x

Friday, February 27th 2009, 9:21pm

Clairey congratulations on being PUPO :happy:

Like i said to KJ hope the 2ww is easy, and with all that positive thinking you´ve both got, it will definately help. Thanx for sending PMA my way hun :hugs:

George, welcome to the chitter chatter :happy: Don´t worry about it, you are seen to and monitored quite often. Good luck

I´ve just got home from work, cuppa tea, toast and 2 panadols. The af pains are getting worse. I´m only on cycle day 22 (9dpo) and normally when i have full blown af pains i should be seeing/seen the witch already. So don´t know what the heck is happening, my only guess is that the pessaries are holding it back. Going to try and get a good nights sleep and see what tomorrow brings.

Good night

xxx

SBruno

Reg: Jan 30th 2009

Friday, February 27th 2009, 9:42pm

Hi Girls! last night was 24 hours after my trigger shot and just had this ovulation pain all evening, sharp and dull at times on the left side where I had my big follies. This morning my temp rose by .4 degrees and I expect it to rise more by tomorrow morning. So we've been trying au natural, 'doing it' morning and night time and I am careful not to move right after. There is something nice about doing it naturally....

So if my eggie is now out I suppose it has another 24 hours to live at most...My Dr. called and looking at my results this month could not understand why I can't conceive and I am taking gonal f and doing IUI. So I explained that this is the first month in long time that I am ovulating like this naturally. Anyway, he wants to see me next week to discuss. Also thinks these 'sacs' are not much to worry about about...

I supposed starting now or tomorrow evening I will be officially on the 2WW with everyone else...and now the dreaded question: to take the progesterone tabs or not? ?(

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 10:29am

SBruno - happy [zx084] :snigger:

I took my trigger shot 24 hours ago...wonder if I'll get any ovulation pain ?( will have to wait and see. We too tried naturally as advised by the nurse...she said that way you'll never know whether it was the IUI or ttc naturally if you get pg.

Were you advised to take the pessaries? or are they leaving it up to you?

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:03pm

AF arrived today :yell:

Gutted

Good luck to all of you currently on your 2ww - we need some :BFP: s!!!!!!!!!

lou lou

Reg: Jun 29th 2008

Children: none yet

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:05pm

Hi ladies
we have just had our 3rd failed natural IUI and are now wondering whether to go for a 4th, (with or without a new donor) or whether to go for a stimulated iui next time....does anyone have any thoughts/advice as to what to do next????

babydust to eveyone on their 2ww....

lou lou
xxx

SBruno

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:27pm

Hi lou lou, sorry to hear about that your failed IUI...any reason why you think it might have failed?

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:37pm

LALAZIG: So sorry honey to hear the evil AF arrived!! :sadface: I send you lots of lurve

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:38pm

HI GEORGE1: Welcome and you will feel right at home here :D The IUI is pretty much the way Clairey bell explained it. I used a pen thingy for my injections, its called the Purgeon Pen. It`s medication to make your ovaries produce more follies. They weren`t so bad :snigger: I think that they should be able to track what side you will ovulate from. You might have to ask them at your first visit. GOOD LUCK!

CLAIREYBELL: WOW so cool :happy: I`m glad every thing went well for your IUI, sounds great!!! Good to hear your PMA :D I hope to see some BFP`s soon. XX

CHARLIE: Sorry to hear that you are still having horrible cramping.. I`m sending you lots of babydust

SBRUNO: Congrats on your ovulation and how fun to be trying naturally :snigger: I don`t know if you should take the progesterone tabs, what did they say??? I heard they are good for making a nice environment for the follies XX

Hi LOU LOU: WElcome and sorry to hear about your failed IUI XX

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:39pm

Lyndsey - so sorry to hear of your BFN hun. Will you be going for another cycle of IUI?

Hi LouLou and welcome...of course sometimes it can be down to luck as even fertile couples only have a 25% chance every month. Did you get any kind of indication as to why its not working or is it just a case of being unlucky? Were your follies growing naturally..did they check you were ovulating? If for any reason you may be failing because something is not working as it should I would def try an assisted cycle...good luck and hope you get your BFP soon.

When I had my IUI done yest my DH asked the nurse if it does ever work first time...of course we know that it does as some of our ladies on here were lucky first time....the nurses reply to his question was that yes it does happen but most often it works 3rd or 4th time. She said the only explanation she could think of was that the body is more used to whats going on by then...who knows if this is medically correct but sounded like it made sense. She did say that everyone is different and of course for some people it will work first try.

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:56pm

LOU LOU: The clinic i went to told me that we should try 3 IUI and then we should move onto IVF. All of the IUI`s will be medicated with the Purgeon pen. With my first IUI i conceived but in the end the egg didn`t implant so ended in a micro pregnancy.This usually happens because there was something wrong with the egg. That`s their opinion anyway...
They say that by doing medicated IUI there are more chances to conceive then without the medication. If there is no specific reason why you are not getting pregnant then maybe you should move on to IVF and i`m sure you will get your BFP :D
I know that all of this can get soooooooooooooo fustrating. But keep trying :D

SBruno

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 6:13pm

Ah! Help! I've ovulated and now I have spotting! What is this? Is this ovulation bleeding? Maybe I had an ovarian cyst burst? Anybody had this before...I did experience that ovulation pain 2 nights ago.. I wish I can have a webcam implanted inside my uterus/ovaries so I can always see what is going on! :cross:

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 6:21pm

Kayjay - yes, we've paid for 3 cycles. I've got an NHS IVF consultation appt in a couple of weeks though so not sure whether we'll put off trying the last cycle of IUI until after we've tried IVF? Not sure. Decisions decisions.

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 6:41pm

SBruno - hun follow this link...sounds positive!

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/ovulation-spotting.shtml

Lyndsey - you may as well try IUI in between going to your IVF appt...I guess the IVF consultation will be just that and they wouldn't plan on starting tx straight away so no harm in trying IUI one last time esp as you've paid for it. Whatever your decision I wish you all the best and hope I'll be hearing of your BFP real soon here.

Little - how you doing hun? What's happening with you? x

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 7:10pm

Thanks Kayjay - you're lovely.

I've got my fingers crossed for you this cycle!!

Reg: Jan 6th 2009

Children: none

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 8:40pm

hi all well i whet to the hip yesterday i dont think i be going again as it did not seem to done much we trying acropunch next i hope it dont hert lol :snigger:

how are you today i do hope you all well sending lots of babydust to you all

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: Manchester

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 9:34pm

:hello: ladies,

[zx028] I have not been around to write to anyone for a week. This time of year is manic and very stressful at school. So much to do and not enough hour in the day to get it all done!!!

:hi: to all the new girls. This is an excellent site where you will get lots of help and support.

How is everyone else? I am so sorry for all who has got a :BFN: this month.

:goodluck: to all those on the 2ww.

We are having another go at a natural cycle of DIUI before moving onto medication Hoping insemination should be next weekend.

Love :hugs:

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 11:14pm

hsg went well

hello girls

posted my update of hysteropigiogram hsg in the wrong forum. Im still learning and thanx to Indie for re-directing me back here!
HSG was painful... I :bawl: for 20 sec as the dye was injected! It was a relief when they showed me on screen the dye spilling over indicating my tubes were fine. Minus one problem!
Now drinking fertili tea and taking vitamins... before initial consultation for iui at chelsea and westminster on the 24th of march... 24 days to go. Does anyone have a rough idea how long it took from consultation with doc to starting treatmentt?

Hope you are all well :smile:

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, March 1st 2009, 10:19am

Hi ladies

Your new home is HERE

FERTILITYZONE