You are not logged in.

Unread posts

suki2

• "suki2" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2009

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:22pm

Slow Embryos

HI
Would anyone be able to help me with some queries on slow embryos? I have had two failed ICSI - no. 1 two embryos transferred on day 3 but slow only 4 cells and BFN. no. 2 no embryos made it to blast all were slow and arrested day 4/day 5. I am 32 with an fsh of 10.1. We are doing IVF due to Male Factor Infertility and now think there may be a genetic problem due to the slow growing embryos. I am not sure whether to do another cycle with my own eggs in case it is a protocol issue or to accept it is genetic?

thanks for your help
Suki

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, February 27th 2009, 2:44pm

hiya

i am sorry you have been through 2 treatments without success

the gentic problem could well lie with your dh hun, i personally would suggest a sperm dna fragmentation test. no embryo making it to blastocyst certainly does suggest some kind of problem but again this could be purely bad luck
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Friday, February 27th 2009, 7:28pm

Hi Suki,

I am inclined to agree with you both, as it could be 'just' bad luck or your ovaries response to that particular ovulation stimulation protocol.

Some further tests would seem indicated including as Kar1 suggests sperm DNA fragmentation and aneupliody.

But as I always suggest in these situations, you should try to get to speak to the embryologists about both your sperm/egg quality, and their different protocols.

Good luck

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE