You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "marsha85" started this thread
  • Australia

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: we have 4 "children" Molly, Brutus, Slinky and BJ. 2 dog and 2 cats

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 7:10am

Not sure where i belong Just been diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"

Well Hello to anyone that has time to read this....

I'm a bit lost at the moment and am not sure where i fit here at thisa point in time....

I have finished my 6 months of clomid and have had no luck with that and now DH and i have had our 3 month "cooling off period" as ordered by our doctor. I went for a blood test yesterday and got the results today and they can't find out why we cant fall pregnant after 4 years of trying so he has officially put us in the too hard basket and given us the label of "UNEXPALINED INFERTILITY "

We have been doing some ringing around and we are probably going to go through Repro Med for IVF after they have finished all there blood tests ect... Has anyone else ever heard of them?

We not sure how to feel at this moment in time... Anyone else in the same boat?

Be safe

Marsha
Marsha's Diary
life is always a challange... thats why we chose to fight.

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 9:22am

RE: Not sure where i belong Just been diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"

HI Marsha,

sorry you are feeling so lost. Being 'unexplained' can be very lonely and exasperating. If they can't find a reason, it becomes so frustrating that the BFP still doesn't happen. Unfortunately, not all of the reasons for infertility are known, so being unexplained doesn't always mean that there's no reason why you can't get pg. Sometimes it means there is a reason, but the medical profession don't yet have the knowledge or tests to identify the reason.

The good news is that for unexplained infertility IVF often works, even if noone can explain exactly why. I think that making a plan to go for tx is possible the best way to deal with how you are now. You'd be surprised at how many people then get pg whilst they are waiting for the tx to start (I am a classic case of this!!).

good luck xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: on way :)

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 10:49am

Hi Marsha
i also was told i had unexplained fertility - most annoying as all i wanted was some answers. I've now managed to get to halfway through a pregnancy after a lot of heartache which now seems totally worth it!
The worst thing i found was (being a bit of a control freak) was the not knowing why any of it was happening, i had quite a good success rate with IVF/ICSI as i was getting pregnant but still no idea why we couldn't manage it naturally.
I wish you all the best with your cycle if you decide to go down that route and pray that it works first time for you.
Sarah x

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
ICSI July 06 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN
IVF Nov 07 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI April 08 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI Sept 08 with steroids - BFP, saw heartbeat at 5 weeks!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

• Australia

Friday, January 30th 2009, 3:04am

It is just frustrating not knowing what is wrong with you

4 years and every month the same BFN

This month i promised myself that i wouldn't get upset if it was a :BFN: again but instead it was worse cause i was 2 weeks late. i ended up a blubbering mess. that's when we decided it was time to take the next step and skip all the other crap and go straight for the IVF.

Be Safe

Marsha
Marsha's Diary

Reg: Nov 13th 2008

Children: In my head, I'm a mother of two.

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 1:25pm

Hi Marsha
We're also 'unexplained' - our consultant even said that we probably hadn't been trying as hard as some people (I have certain sex drive issues related to taking anti depressants for several years)...I felt like slapping him! We'd done our best with ovulation kits and cervical mucus watching.

I did mention to him that in my wild days as a young lady, I'd never been pregnant even when there were times when I was pretty sure I should have been. And all those ex-boyfriends are now parents.

It's really hard when it's supposed to be the most natural thing in the world and it just becomes the most clinical and stressful thing.

If I could have one wish it would be to have a normal sex drive and a body that wasn't getting to the end of its fertility lifespan. But I don't so there's not much point in dwelling on it. We're very fortunate to live in an era where these medical advances are available to us.

If you knew the cause of your fertility problems, would it really change anything? Probably not - I know it would give you a name to work with but it would probably still mean having treatment. So try not to dwell on it too much.

Good luck with your treatment plan. xx
Phoebs.
IVF 2009 = DD
Aug '11 natural bfp 5 yrs ttc m/c @ 8.5w
Dec '11 natural bfp m/c @ 6.5w
Oct/Nov '12 IVF no embryo to transfer

Reg: Dec 9th 2007

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 2:41pm

hey marsha
im the same as you TTC for years but nothing not even a BFP - never been told why i cant get pregnant even got told i wasnt infertile by some stupid doc years ago and still no BFP.
i did a few rounds of IUI and now im going for IVF through the egg sharer scheme really really hoping that it works
i understand how you feel each month when the period arrives its heartbreaking and never gets any easier but we cope with it as this is our path in life for some mad reason!
sending you huge hugs PM me if you wanna chat
huge hugs
xxx
Helen
ME - 29 DH - 34
TTC 3 Years
Heres hoping!

• Australia

Friday, February 6th 2009, 3:40am

Hey Phoebe & Charm,

Phoebe: I so know what you mean about the younger days and ex boyfriends with children. My husband and i got together 4 years ago now and we have never used any form of controseptive. Before me when he was younger he got really drunk one night and slept with his best friend and she fell pregnant but had to get rid of it as it was ectopic so i know without a doubt there is nothing wrong with me and MY ex before DH we where together for 3 years and 2 years of that we didn't use anything and NO BFP's nothing. We split and 2 months later he is with this lovely women and she is 8 weeks pregnant (my ex and i are still really good friends) and the same with all my ex's (that sounds horrible doesn't it lol) but they all have children now...

Charm: I also know how you feel My old dr after having the lapo etc he told me there was nothing wrong with me and there was nothing wrong with my DH so we should just do the clomid for 6 months and have more sex. 12 months later and still no BFP. The only thing that worries me is that i went in to have a u/s not long ago and the radioligist told me that i have a prolapsed uteris (my uteris falls forward) I wonder if this will effect it in anyway as it has only just occured in the last 6 months.

Any advise?

Be safe

Marsha
Marsha's Diary

Reg: Dec 9th 2007

Friday, February 6th 2009, 10:17am

ah marsha i dont know about the prolapsed uterus i have heard of it but i dont know much about it! Im sorry im sure one of the other girls will be able to help you they all rock on here!
Good luck the whole TTC thing just plain sucks!
xxx
Helen
ME - 29 DH - 34
TTC 3 Years
Heres hoping!

Lilly71

Reg: Jan 30th 2009

Children: no children

Friday, February 6th 2009, 3:55pm

RE: Not sure where i belong Just been diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"

Hi Marsha,

I have also unexplained infertility and we were very dissapointed. During the last year, I was completely obsessed with it...now I feel better and very excited about this new treatment...try it!

xxxxxx
Lilly71
Lilly71

xKerryx

Reg: Jan 1st 2009

Children: It worked!!Please stay litle one x

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 11:06am

We too were labelled with unexplained. We were having unprotected sex since 2002,really decided to try in 2004 and eventually went to docs in 2007.
After 6 months on clomid, the stuff is awful,mood swings,hot flushes,night sweats....evil pills, anyway that was unsuccesful and we were put on the waiting list for ivf.
First attempt was with 2 embryos transfered,was a negative.
We have just tested after 2nd cycle with 1 blastocyst, and it was positve. It has been a long an emotional journey but well worth it now. I found the symptons with ivf were no where near as bad as with clomid.
Take a break,get yourselves strong and find the strength to move to next stage. Its hard,but you find it from somewhere..... and you will get there x

Nic24

Reg: Feb 1st 2009

Monday, February 9th 2009, 12:34pm

Hey Marsha

Me and my DH have also been put in the "Unexplained" category. I had chemotherapy years ago and am sure that's got something to do with it, even though they've done all the tests and say it hasn't effected my fertility...maybe just a coincidence, I don't know.

Anyway, I and by the sounds of things loads of girls on here know exactly how you feel...very frustrating and disappointing every month and it really does get you down, especially like you say, when everyone else seems to fall pregnant so easily.

We tried for about 3 years before being put on the IVF waiting list and started our first treatment Nov 08. My treatment had to stop cos I got OHSS and my embryos got frozen. I gave myself a couple of months rest and am planning to start treatment again in March this year for a FET. It is nerve wracking, but its brilliant that IVF exists and gives us that chance we might not have had.

Good luck to you Marsha and to all you other girls out there TTC.

Nic x
Nic x

• Australia

Friday, February 20th 2009, 7:26am

Thanks girls so much for your support.

I am really worried that my weight might be playing a roll in it and i just don't have the will power at the moment to lose the weight. to be quiet honnest i just can't be bothered.

I am so tired all the time and i think i am just warn out by the TTC game. we have been having a break but i am still so warn. My mum wants me to hurry up and lose 30 kg's and then she said she will help us witht he IVF costs but 30 kg is a lot like i'm 95 kilos but i don't look 95 kilos. I will post some photos for people to see what i mean. i know it swound like i am blowing my own horn but i really don't look or feel that fat.

What do i do?
Marsha's Diary

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:10am

oh marsha, losing weight can be so hard, I feel for you :sadface:

Have you looked at the diet and fitness section here at all? There's great support in the diaries there and lots of success stories. Why not take a peek and think about joining in? Don;t focus on the total amount you need to lose, just take it in little steps. Set yourself a smaller goal of, say, 3kg, to begin with - something you should be able to achieve in a few weeks. I just think that unless you give it a try you won't know if you can do it....and any weight loss will be a good thing. You are right to consider that it may be contributing to your infertility and, unlike so many factors, it is something you can control a little.

what do you say - meet me in the diet area? is that a date?

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

• Australia

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 8:14am

i didn't know there was one on here

Where is it?
Marsha's Diary

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 8:17am

On the main page, you will see the HEALTH section and DIET & FITNESS is the first section there

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

• Australia

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 8:19am

thanks eeyore I just having one of those days
Marsha's Diary

Reg: Oct 2nd 2008

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 6:49pm

Hi Marsha
We're unexplained too - you're not alone.
We tried IVF in September which didn't work and we're trying ICSI next week - everything is crossed.
Theres lots of girls with lots of experience on here and every one has been so supportive
candy x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 16th 2009

Children: 1 daughter

Friday, February 27th 2009, 9:02am

Hi Girls

We also have unexplained infertility. I had a daughter 9yrs ago to my ex. My new DH have been trying for 7 yrs and nothing.

Had every test going, and no reason why not.

6 months on clomid BFN
3 x IUI BFN
IVF 16/02/09 BFN - didn't even make it to test date.

Not sure what's next for us.

Some times I think it is easier to deal with if you have a reason to blame it on.

We sometimes feel that consultants just fob you off, it's easier for them to say just keep on trying your healthy..ah

I love Professor Winston and he say's there is no such thing as unexplained fertility, there has to be a reason. When I win the lottery I'll bribe him to be my consultant.lol

Good luck Girls

BB
Babyblues 472
BFP Mar 09 = Ectopic (IVF)
Miscarriage Mar 10 (Nat Preg)

FET = Jun 10 (1xembryo)

2 little angels : in heaven xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE