You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "shazza" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2009

Children: Leig/L Pool

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 7:44pm

Follow up appointment

Hi Girls

Well my 1st ICSI didnt work which was in Jan this year i am due to go back next friday for a follow up app can anyone tell me what happens etc i dont have any frozen so i will have to start again only got 4 eggs last night and 1 fertilized well only just

should i be allowed to start again in april time

any info would help

Thanks

Shazza xxxx blowkiss

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:00am

RE: Follow up appointment

Quoted

Originally posted by shazza

should i be allowed to start again in april time

any info would help

Thanks

Shazza xxxx blowkiss

Hi Shazza

Sorry about your BFN honey :cuddle

As for starting again in April - that sounds fine - clinics vary in how long they like in between fresh cycles. My old clinic ideally like three bleeds, i.e. your BFN bleed and then two periods, the last one being day 1 if you're on a day 21 start. If you really want to start though, let them know and see what they say.

As for questions, you might want to ask if they were disappointed with 4 eggs with the number of follies you had (which I don't know from your post) and whether or not your stimm dose could be changed, or maybe the drug you stimmed with. I know with my old clinic, if something didn't work, they changed it!

best of luck and do let us know how you get on. blowkiss

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:06am

Thanks Hun

I did well on the follicles he said we had about 6 eggs to collect but on the day he only got 4 and just 1 fertilized but nearly didnt as we got a call to say it had started forming together so could they change dosage etc to whats best for us ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:15am

Quoted

Originally posted by shazza
Thanks Hun

I did well on the follicles he said we had about 6 eggs to collect but on the day he only got 4 and just 1 fertilized but nearly didnt as we got a call to say it had started forming together so could they change dosage etc to whats best for us ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I couldn't possibly say what dose to change....that's for the experts to decide! If they were happy with how you stimulated, you may well follow the same protocol. It all depends on whether your consultant thinks the outcome was just unfortunate or if there were aspects of the cycle that he thinks could change. You might want to ask if the embryologist had any comments regarding the quality of eggs and sperm and perhaps get more detail about the fertilisation.

I've had disappointing results myself - the most being getting 13 eggs collected from 19 follies but only 7 of those eggs being mature enough to inject. when I got a second opinion on this, they did wonder if I'd had too early an EC but of course sometimes going a day later means you sacrifice some of the more ready eggs!

Was this your first IVF? First timers who have successful IVF are really lucky as it really is venturing into the unknown but a lot can be learnt from a failed cycle and xfingers changes made to improve chances.

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 11:19am

Thanks hun

yeah it was my 1st icsi due to DH sperm they did say to us something to do with the eggs not being mature enough so dont know what that means

is dissapointing isnt it ? how are you now xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE