You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 25 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

kickingk

• "kickingk" started this thread

Reg: Oct 27th 2008

Children: edinburgh

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 9:50pm

i dont know what to do??

i dont know where to start??...

i'll start by apologising because this will just be a big ramble

here goes...

today i was to go for another scan and last night i hardly slept. we live so far away from the hospital that we have to leave really early to get there. i woke up feeling pretty rubbish, snappy and really teary, but i held it together pretty well. we arrived at the hospital and were seen almost straight away, the nurse noticed i wasnt looking to good so asked me how i was and i tried to say i was fine but i knew i wasnt! before i knew it i was sitting in that wee room bubbling my heart out. everything just seem to come to a head,the medication, lack of sleep and the stress of going through that routine just all got to much. i really feel that if the appointment had have been tomorrow i would have been fine, it was just one of those days, but hey life sucks like that i supose. anyway, i had my scan and there were no folics so they said we had to wait for my blood results to comfirm if i had ovulated or not. however after the scan we got the chance to speak with the doctor properly and she told us that it was highly unlikly as my hormn levels had been very low last week. she suggested that i have a break from the clomid as it all seems to be getting to much. this is only my second cycle of clomid and im not ready to give up now. she also mentioned another drug, tri..trix..oh i cant remember what its called, and said i could maybe try that in the new year, but again im not sure if i want to give up on the clomid so soon. im just so confuzzled right now i dont know what to do?? we've to go back on monday to have a chat with the doctor, but everythin just seems a bit up in the air. i just feel really down :sadface:

heeeeeelllllllppppp :sniff:

xx
xkx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kickingk" (Nov 12th 2008, 9:50pm)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 10:44pm

Oh hun :hugs:

What a difficult day for you. I don't think any us are able to tell you what you should and shouldn't do from here because you need to reach that decision yourself with your DH.

Clomid affects people in different ways but most of the people I know who have taken it will agree that it is a complete rollercoaster of emotions and can be very difficult to deal with on an emotional level. And if you haven't responded well to it your clinic may want to increase the dose, which in turn may worsen the side effects.

A break may do you good but only you know really whether it will be beneficial. Perhaps a break until the new year might be a idea?

I don't know what the other drug is that's been mentioned to you but I'll have a think. There are definately other drugs that are similar to clomid but have different side effects.

Don't rush into any decisions. Take some time to work out what's best for you. Have a think about the questions you want to ask the doctor at your appointment on Monday and just take it a step at a time.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 6:40am

How are you feeling today K?

I'm so sorry that the clomid monster has bitten you on the bum, it can make you feel so bloody awful can't it? I was the same as you when I first started, having never suffered with any form of PMT/hormonal rages I wasn't prepared for this person I turned into!!!

What time of the day have you been taking them? I found that taking them in the evenng really helped me and although the hot sweats didn't stop, the mood swings and tears pretty much did.

Other girls who have suffered badly have gone on to try Femera (also known as Letrozole), was this perhaps the drug mentioned to you?

I agree with Bubble that you shouldn't rush into anything and also that a break may just do you good. Maybe start again in the New Year, giving you time to recharge

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

kickingk

• "kickingk" started this thread

Reg: Oct 27th 2008

Children: edinburgh

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 2:29pm

good afternoon ladies, and thank you for takin the time to get back to me.
im feelin alot better today, as i knew i would and i agree with both of you that my dh and i need to take some time to decided what to do. i think i will feel abit better on monday when i get to speak to the doctor about our options, and maybe then we can make a decision ?(

the first cycle of clomid i took in the morning and i think it was bubble that had suggested to me that i try taking it in the evening, but to be honest i never really noticed much difference. the hot flushes have been 100 times worse this cycle too. im struggling to sleep at night because im soooo hot but its too cold to have the windows open, and the noise of the fan drives me mad. i just cant win. my dh can fall asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, which is so frustrating X(

i think things feel that wee bit harder because all of my friends are all pregnant and are all due around about now, i just keep thinking 'when will it be our time?!?'

im only 27 and my dh is 31, we've been together since i was 14 and got married in january this year. we've been so carefull over the years, to make sure we were settled, and that we were ready to take this huge step. i just wish i had found out earlier that i had pcos amd maybe we could have started this journey sooner. ?(

at the end of the day, im trying to stay positive now, yesterday was just one of thoses days, and im sure il have a few more during this time. i have my dh that i love with all my heart to support me and thats all i really need.

thank you again girls, its reasuring to know that you are all here. its nice to have someone to talk to because sometimes i feel so alone.

positive thoughts and :dust: for everyone

:xxx:

**to see a rainbow we have to have a wee bit rain first**
xkx

Kezza

Star

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: Pregnant with baby #1 due 24/11

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 6:49pm

Hi K!

Just wanted to drop by and say hello!

I have just finished my clomid journey. Some months I found the tabs really hard, and others not at all (although I still blamed everything on them! :snigger:).

It is a decision only you and your dh can make, but at least you know there are other options.

Goodluck on whatever decision you come too.

xxxxxxxxxx
Kezza
DS born 03/12/09

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 25 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE