Unread posts

NattyNik

• "NattyNik" started this thread

Reg: Feb 7th 2009

Children: Shrewsbury

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 9:24pm

CFS and recurrent m/c

Hi Ladies

I am a newbie with lots of questions - hope that's ok!

I was diagnosed with CFS/ME in 2000 and since TTC since last April have had 3 m/c.

I was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with CFS and suffered recurrent loss or knows if there may be a link?

I believe that some doctors think NK cells may play a part in CFS.

We are awaiting recurrent m/c blood results so we don't know yet if there are any other problems to explain our losses but it's got me thinking after reading about NK cells and recurrent m/c.

Thanks, NN x
3 Precious Angels - 16/07/08 - 18/10/08 - 08/01/09 - Forever Loved

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: (6 angels in heaven) 2 girls a previous relationship, and now a baby boy thanks to treatment

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 10:14pm

Hi NN

Me again! glad you came over to the immunie section, don't worry, I'm not the only person here! :snigger:

I have had a quick look in Dr Alan Beers book, and there is a few references to CFS.

"Abnormally low serotonin levels can also accompany the myriad of health problems that women often experience alongside reproductive failure. These include migraines, depression, hypertension, anxiety, obesity, fibromyalgia, CFS...."

and

"Women suffering from CFS, in my experience have category 5 immune problems of activated NK cells and antibodies to hormones and neurotransmitters, which increase dramatically after an IVF transfere..."

I have not quoted these statements to worry you, There are treatments, but I do strongly reccomend getting that book, I got mine from amazon.

hopefully it's good that you've found some answers

Lou x
Need reproductive immunology success stories please 2 help others :)

have u got immune issues?

NattyNik

• "NattyNik" started this thread

Reg: Feb 7th 2009

Children: Shrewsbury

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 5:38pm

Hi Lou

Thanks for your reply. Don't worry, you didn't worry me with your reply - I find doing such research empowering - I want to go to the consultant armed with information and questions should all our test results come back clear. They say knowledge is power!

Those quotes are really interesting and I will definitely be getting that book. It's also interesting about the Serotonin levels because I suffer from both anxiety and depression which are, of course, linked to low Serotonin levels....I also get a lot of bad headaches which seem to be a reaction to hormones (when I ov, around AF and after every m/c).

Thanks again!

~ NN x
3 Precious Angels - 16/07/08 - 18/10/08 - 08/01/09 - Forever Loved

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE