You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Rosebud" started this thread

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:06pm

2ww and curry I am worried now!

Hi all

been reading some info on not eatin curry's and worried now!!! had ET today and had a mild veg curry for tea (cant have hot chillis as upsets tum anyway)

Was not spicy but worried myself now as want to do everything right, hospital not said anything about this?

also know to avoid baths now as was not told this either? why are we not informed???

any advice?

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:10pm

I'm sure it'll be fine Rosebud, sweetie. I've not read anything about avoiding curries, especially if it's a mild one. I can't imagine it will do any harm.

It's natural to feel anxious but try not to be too stressed. We'll help with PMA where needed blowkiss

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:15pm

Hunny, if you are used to eating curries then it will not do any harm - if it did then there would be a zero birth rate in India. As for the baths - it is not baths per se that need be avoided but long soaks in a hot bath and even long stints in HOT shower as both of these will result in a rise in core temperature. A short warm or cool bath should be fine and likewise a warm shower will be fine too...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:20pm

You will find that you read lots of do's and don't's when going through treatment. Mostly the clinics don't tell you because there is no evidence to suggest that thet are factual. There is no reason why a curry would interfere with implantation during the 2ww. Obviously a really stonking hot curry might give you an upset tummy if you aren't used to it, but thats about it!

If it's any help, I practically lived on takeaway curry's and Chinese throughout my treatment and 2ww and I'm not very pregnant!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

• "Rosebud" started this thread

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:20pm

Thanks for the replies! think you can get too hung up on what to do and not do, but defo will avoid these things in future to be safe.

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

verve19

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 9:31am

You sound like me! A born worrier. During my 2ww I had a facial no steam just cleanse tone and moisturise. I text a friend just before I went in for facial and when I came out I read a text that said I should tell them I am pregnant. I didnt as I read the text after my facial. Well I cried all the way home and had a shower and then phoned the clinic, she told me to 'stop being silly' and relax. She asked me did I enjoy it and I said yes and she said that the worry would be more harmful than doing something you enjoy. Obviously within reason! Lots of people dont find out they are pregnant until later on than IVF mummys and goodness knows what they get up to during that time! RELAX XX

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE