You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "smd012" started this thread

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful wee son!

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 1:40pm

Question - when should I start clomid and any advice about metformin?

Happy new year to everyone. I want to begin by saying that this site is fantastic I have gained more info here than any doctor etc could give so thank you to all. I have spent the past few weeks reading through all the posts and I am now a lot clearer.

I have been on metaformin now for just over 3 weeks...mixed feelings about it ref side effects!!! But will stick with it. I have my clomid prescription all ready to go and provera to bring on a bleed. The thing is I got promoted and I am starting a new job the second week of Jan and I am wondering if I should start my clomid this month or wait to Feb as I am worried about the side effects and starting a new job etc!!!

Any advice?

Also would love to hear from anyone who is on metaformin and how it makes them feel.

S x x

January 09 - clomid 50mg & metformin - :BFN:
Feb/March 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
2nd April - M/C :bawl:
May 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFN:
June 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
23rd July Scan 6weeks+4 - One healthy :heart:
27th Aug Scan 11weeks+5 - One lively little baby kicking and waving
20 week Scan all good!
16th Dec Growth Scan - weighing 2pounds 4oz!!

Kezza

Star

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: Pregnant with baby #1 due 24/11

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 1:47pm

HI there!

Congratulations on your promotion!

My side effects changed on a monthly basis. However, I took my tablets at night before bed, so I tended to get the hot flushes etc at night. Somme months i had no effects and other months i knew that i was being a bit hot tempered.

Goodluck with your tx.
Kezza
DS born 03/12/09

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 1:50pm

Happy New Year!

I'm afraid I can't help with the metformin side of things because I've never taken it but there are other members who have who will hopefully be along to advise shortly (weekends tend to be a bit quiet on here).

In terms of starting the clomid and the new job, to be honest you might be lucky and not suffer from any side effects at all. What dose will you be on? Taking them at night helps as well because you sleep through any effects you may suffer from.

The other thing to be aware of is your monitoring and tracking - are you having scans and bloods? It's just that these will mean a couple of appointments which you'll probably need to take a little bit of time off work for. If it was me, I think I'd start it - I know by time I was given clomid I was desperate to get the ball rolling!!

Hope that helps a little

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "smd012" started this thread

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful wee son!

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 6:10pm

Hi Bubble, I will be on 50mg was told to take them day 2-6 of my cycle I have got provera to take for 7 days to bring on a bleed. I was told once I started to take them to ring the clinic and speak to the subfertility nurse to arrange tracking scans. How often do they scan is it only once during the month?

January 09 - clomid 50mg & metformin - :BFN:
Feb/March 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
2nd April - M/C :bawl:
May 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFN:
June 09 Clomid 100mg & metformin - :BFP:
23rd July Scan 6weeks+4 - One healthy :heart:
27th Aug Scan 11weeks+5 - One lively little baby kicking and waving
20 week Scan all good!
16th Dec Growth Scan - weighing 2pounds 4oz!!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 6:23pm

50mg is a fairly low dose (it was what I was on too) so you may be lucky and not suffer from any side effects. Just keep the chocolate on stand-by!

In terms of the scans, you may have one or two, depending on what they see at the first one. They tend to happen about CD11/12 and if they are going to repeat them, then around CD13/14. You should then also get a progesterone blood test at CD21 which will confirm whether you've ovulated.

Also (and sorry if you know this already), day 1 of is counted as the first day of full flow. So if you only spot for a day then don't count this as day 1. Also if the full flow doesn't start until the afternoon/evening, count the following day as day 1.

Good luck - you'll be fine I'm sure :D

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE