Superstar

• "hollybolly" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 6:20pm

ssr funded if ivf/icsi is not? ucl.

Hello All,

I have a question...

We went and met the Urolgist at our local hospital...he more or less said they dont really know anything about Azoospermia and that they dont have the facilitys to do "testicular mapping".?!?!?

He has said that he is refering us to University College London, the Middlesex Hospital ,Insitute of Urogoly department.
He said they will do the Testicular Mapping,Ssr and Ultrasound.

1. Its sounds like to many procedures to me to be done at once , anyone any ideas if they would do all that at once like he seems to think they will?
2. He also said this will be covered on the Nhs , but as yet we dont meet the Nhs Ivf/Icsi funding as I am one year to young , so are they going to do the ssr without, us having the funding to go ahead and (please god there will be swimmers to use) ivf and ssr?
3. Do the above place that he is talking about all sound like one place to you? to me it sounds like three differnt places???Anyone being/been treated there?

Thank you in advance xxx

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 6:30pm

RE: ssr funded if ivf/icsi is not? ucl.

Hey Hols!

All sounds good to me!

Quoted

1. Its sounds like to many procedures to me to be done at once , anyone any ideas if they would do all that at once like he seems to think they will?

I don't know hon [zx002]

Quoted

2. He also said this will be covered on the Nhs , but as yet we dont meet the Nhs Ivf/Icsi funding as I am one year to young , so are they going to do the ssr without, us having the funding to go ahead and (please god there will be swimmers to use) ivf and ssr?

I'd imagine this doesn't have anything to do with you but that it's your DH who is being investigated. Does that make sense ?(

Quoted

3. Do the above place that he is talking about all sound like one place to you? to me it sounds like three differnt places???Anyone being/been treated there?

I believe it's one place hon....

UCLH WEBSITE

and

UROLOGY AT UCLH

Quoted

UCL Hospitals is an NHS Foundation Trust comprising: the Eastman Dental Hospital, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson & Obstetric Hospital, The Heart Hospital, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, The Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital and University College Hospital incorporating The Middlesex Hospital.

Hope this helps sweet pea....sorry just a quick response from me......got to dash blowkiss

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

hollybolly

Superstar

• "hollybolly" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 7:00pm

Thank you Duffy blowkiss xxx

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008