You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

*Steph*

• "*Steph*" started this thread

Reg: Aug 6th 2008

Friday, December 5th 2008, 1:58pm

How long between 1st and 2nd SA

Ideally, how long should be left between 1st and 2nd sperm analysees?

Should DP do all things suggested in Sperm Tips thread for both tests and how long before should he start the recommended changes for optimum effect?
*Steph*

Me: 29 - OK as far as I know
DP: 41 - azoospermia
Still thinking about it!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "*Steph*" (Dec 5th 2008, 1:59pm)

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, December 5th 2008, 2:03pm

Hi Steph, I'm no expert on this and the other girls are welcome to correct me!
BUT
As far as I understand, sperm take 90-120 days to 'make' so it's worth doing 3 months of zinc, selenium, no smoking, reduced drinking, lots of fruit & veg, before checking to see if there is any improvement in the SA. Doing all these things are no guarantee that it will improve the SA, but it's worth trying it anyway as some people do get good results with it - I guess everyone is different.

Best of luck to you and your DH x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

*Steph*

• "*Steph*" started this thread

Reg: Aug 6th 2008

Friday, December 5th 2008, 4:38pm

Thanks Ros. Forgot to ask, but he has to have a blood test to check his hormone levels too. Should this be done before first SA? Is there anything he needs to do for this test, i.e. change diet etc?

Thank you
*Steph*

Me: 29 - OK as far as I know
DP: 41 - azoospermia
Still thinking about it!

Michelle

Friday, December 5th 2008, 5:10pm

Hi Steph
Like Ros says it takes around three months for sperm to be produced and it's not a good idea if the two SA's are done in the same part of the production cycle so therefore they would normally suggest a gap of six weeks to two months - this was the case with my dh anyway but it may vary.

Oh and he shouldn't change his diet or anything before the first tests unless he has been told to by the doctor. They want to assess what his sample his like 'normally' and not after making changes, so it's fine for him to carry on as he has been.

I take it he already takes supplements etc?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Friday, December 5th 2008, 6:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by *Steph*
Thanks Ros. Forgot to ask, but he has to have a blood test to check his hormone levels too. Should this be done before first SA? Is there anything he needs to do for this test, i.e. change diet etc?

Thank you

Hi Steph :wave:

I know we've spoken a little already :D

The hormone levels are generally the next stage after two zero count sperm analysis. Unless your DP has had a repeat since ten years ago, I would imagine that they would request this be repeated twice to confirm the results of ten years ago before embarking on further tests.

There are many reasons for azoospermia but if it is a blockage or like my DH, lacking the necessary plumbing !, sperm still benefits from vitamins and supplements and my DH takes his daily and has done since we found out two years ago.

What stage are you at now? Have Leeds requested further sperm analysis?

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE