Ace

• "JMB" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 3:06pm

When do we have to pay for treatment

Hi,

We have our first appointment for egg donation at the IVI clinic in Barcelona at the end of Nov and we're really excited :) and we were wondering when we actually have to pay for the treatment.

I found out today that the bank where we have all of our savings in is about to collapse, Icesave, and they are not allowing any transactions in or out of anyone's account.

Our money is safe as we are covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme but I'm just not sure when we'll actually have access to our savings.

We don't want to delay things if we can avoid it but don't want to find ourselves in the position of not being able to pay for things either...

It's not been the best of days... :(

Personal blog
A Working Mum

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 3:12pm

I have money with Icesave too - frustrating isn't it?

The best thing I reckon you can do is give the clinic a call/email and ask them when they will expect payment. You may find it is only the initial appointment you have to pay for immediately.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

JMB

Ace

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 3:37pm

Thanks Bubble, I think I will email the clinic and see what they say ...

I also found out today that I may have polyps. I've to go for an ultrasound and I was going to get this done privately as it'll be quicker, but we won't be able to pay for it as we can't access our savings X(

I'm not sure if I do have polyps if this will affect our egg donation treatment either :( I presume that if I need some treatment then this will have to be done prior to starting our egg donation, and if we do have to go through the NHS, it could be long enough before I'm seen by a consultant :(

Sorry for the rant but it's not been a good day ...

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 3:50pm

Hi JMB

So sorry to hear your having a bad time at the moment .

Its not ideal, but could it not go on a credit card just until you can access your savings, or perhaps short term borrowing . I know its not ideal but in order to be able to get yourself done privately, it may be worth looking into .

Wishing you all the best .

xx marlene

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 3:59pm

Oh hun, what a worry! Short term borrowing / credit card could be an option but I guess it depends on your financial position outside of your Icesave money. Hopefully the uncertainty around Icesave will be sorted out soon but if not it could be many months before you see that money again :sadface:

good luck with everything and hope you don;t have polyps...or if you do they don;t give you any problems wiht regards to treatment xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

JMB

Ace

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 4:00pm

Thanks Marlene,

I've just emailed the clinic and they said that we only have to pay for the consultation and SA in Nov. :) The full cost of treatment is only payable once they've found a suitable donor.

My OH is away working and won't be back until tonight so he's not even aware of the situation.

I did however call my mum and dad and they said that they could lend us some money until our situation is sorted out but they're not aware that we're going to Barcelona for egg donation. They think we're off for a few days break before Xmas.

I really don't want to have to tell them why we're going as they would just worry and I couldn't ask them to lend us the full amount for the treatment either ...

I'll speak to my OH tonight when he's home and we'll try to find ways round this without having to tell our parents why we really need to borrow some money.

I also think that they would wonder why on earth we're even thinking of having treatment at my age, 42! If it did work then we would tell them but just slightly reluctant to tell them just now.

Personal blog
A Working Mum

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JMB" (Oct 7th 2008, 4:05pm)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 4:01pm

Hope you get it all sorted soon hun and the polyps don't exist or don't give you cause to delay treatment. Let us know how you get on.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

JMB

Ace

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 8:36pm

I phoned my GP this morning to arrange an appointment for an NHS consultant regarding my potenial polyp situation as we don't know when we'll have access to our money.

We will go over to Barcelona next month as planned and have our first appointment and explain our position to them, money-wise as well as my possible polyp situation, and take things from there.

I think that it will postpone our treatment for a while but there's really nothing that we can do, at least we'll get our money back as Darling has stated that all UK savers with Icesave will receive all of their money back, which is a huge relief! :)

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Reg: Jul 25th 2008

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 5:58pm

payment

Hi JMB
Sorry to hear about your problems with the bank- its all so scary!
Just back from our visit to IVI on thursday!
We had to pay just 225 euro at the end of the first visit- cost of first appointment and sperm analysis.
We then bought drugs from the near by pharmacy 285 euro.
Next payment is 5000 euro as we start treatment as you say and then remainder is payable before embryo transfer. They quoted 9000 euro as total which includes the cost of the donor's drugs.
Give me a shout if i can help you with any other details- my suitcase is still to be emptied - lots of IVI info as well as all the drugs !!!
The clinic seems very professional- we have been allocated a co-ordinator who speaks very good english but the doctor's english was also good.
We've got send a few more test results to the doctor before we get started but were quoted 60-70 % chance.
I worry about the money- are we just chasing rainbows but feel this is our best chance. Got to contact our ACU clinic here to make sure they are happy to do the monitoring scans here during the treatment- don't know if there will be a cost for that!!!
My head is spinning :loony:

JMB

Ace

• United Kingdom

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 6:12pm

HI Snoopster,

Glad that you got on OK on Thursday. 60-70% chance, fantastic!

I jusr saw on the bbc news website thst Icesave savers should get their money back "relatively soon" so we're hoping that it may all be sorted out by the time we're ready for ET.

225 euros for first visit and 285 euros for the drugs is a great price!

Hope it all goes well for you and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Sissi

Reg: May 21st 2008

Children: have none yet

Monday, November 10th 2008, 9:40am

RE: When do we have to pay for treatment

OHHH love..

I just can say that in UrVistahermosa Alicante..you pay just 30% in the first visit and 70% the day of the transfer..the total amount, drugs and hotel inclusive, were approx.4,800 euros...

..it could be the same at the IVI...
Sissi

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 9:38am

Hi Sissi
Have you been to Vistahermosa? We've got an appointment there on 23 Jan!!

HSE xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE