You are not logged in.

Unread posts

jopee

• "jopee" started this thread

Reg: Nov 20th 2008

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 10:01am

New and DI singleton

Hi,
I am new to this forum and also am single doing my second go of DI on my own with a known donor.
I just wanted to say HI and see if there are others around who have done the same thing or are doing the same, as I have LOADS of questions!
Thanks,
Jo

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 4:05pm

Welcome to :FZ: Jo

I know of a few members that have or are on their own using a donor, I am sure they will be along soon.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a donor chitter chatter thread HERE which is where a lot of people that have donor sperm or eggs hang out, this is a great place to get to know people too.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 8:00pm

Hi, Jo, and welcome
In 2005 I embarked on the journey of fertility treatment doing DI as solo flyer. I had initially arranged that a friend would be the donor (he said he did not want kids of his own but would gladly help me achieve my dream) but in the end I decided to use an anonymous donor as I was afraid that he would change his mind after baby was born. As you can see from my signature and my avatar the treatment was successful.
Any questions you have, fire away here or, if you feel they are too personal, feel free to send me a PM and I will answer to the best of my ability.
good luck, Hun
Hugz

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

jopee

Friday, November 21st 2008, 12:13am

Hi Rene,
Thanks so much for your reply. It is just nice to know there are others out there doing the same thing - and successfully!
I just have all the usual concerns: are we doing it correctly, am I ovulating, am I too old (I am 41 but like to think a YOUNG 41!).
I have always had a really regular cycle and so I hope that works for me though now I am watching everything so closely I worry about my ovulation and if I am actually ovulating.
I also come from a very fertile family and so I hope that works for me too!
We also have a plan to see a clinic if it doesn;t work the DIY way this time. Here they have to quaranteen the sprem for six months and so we would continue to DIY while we were waiting for that.
Sorry about the rambling I just want things to work and make sure I am doing all I can for it to happen. So any advice/info you have would be great!
Thanks,
Jo

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, November 21st 2008, 5:14am

Hi, Hun
I went straight to the clinic and, even if I had used my friend's sperm, I would have gone via the clinic as I am in the unfortunate position of not ovulating.
I didn't think they needed to quarantine the sperm if you were using a known donor - if you are willing to do it fresh DIY then there is no reason to do so. I know that they would not have done so with my friend's sperm they would have treated it as IUI with "partner" sperm which is washed and used the same day. Anonymous donor sperm is stored for 6 months before use so that they can retest the donor to ensure that he is bug free.
As for it working - there are so many factors involved, not just do you ovulate
for you:
1) are your tubes clear
2) do you have any irregularities of the womb
3) do you produce suffient amounts of all the correct hormones at the correct point in your cycle
amongst others

For him:
1) is he producing sperm
2) is the sperm of sufficient quality (motility, morphology and numbers)
amongst others

And for both of you: just dumb luck!

I wish you the best on your journey, Hun

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

jopee

Friday, November 21st 2008, 8:29am

Thanks Rene. Yes here in Australia they quarantine donor sperm whether it is known or not. It is the law apparently. And so as I don't want to wait that long I think if it doesn't work this time I will get that ball rolling too.
I guess if I told them he was my partner we could get it happening faster but not sure if I would do that.
On the positive side I got a positive on an OPK today so at least I do know I am ovulating and he has had a sperm test and all is perfect there too. So now it is just down to luck (and all those other unknowns that have to be okay too!).
Thanks for your replies - it is great to have someone to talk to.
Jo

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 12:03pm

Just wanted to pop by and wish you luck. Although I am not single and did not use a known donor I did have success with DIUI!

Hoping you can join Rene and I soon!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 12:08pm

Oh and come and join us here IUI CHITTER CHATTER or here ** DONOR CHITTER CHATTER **

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

fijamez

Reg: Jul 6th 2008

Children: Manc MFS

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 8:00pm

jopee

just a note to wish you luck - Im going it alone too but via IUI in a clinic in the UK.

Had a couple of trial runs now fingers crossed for next cycle

hope all goes well for you

Fi
6 x IUI :BFN: sep 08-may 09

moved on to IVF Aug 09 :BFP: - scan 23/9 [zx075]

Keep the Faith :heart:

Fi xxx
[zx078]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE