You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "lizapixels" started this thread

Reg: Dec 19th 2007

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:26am

what will they do next?

Hi there

small update of my story

after trying for 6 years i got prg with my first baby (ellie now 11) on cycle 3 of clomid , got prg 6 month later naturaly with (jake now nearly 10) now neary 10 years later i have been on the clomid journey again for what seems like forever first i had 3 months 50 g they told me if this didnt work i would be put on 100 g well it didnt work and they put me on 6 months more of 50g i thought this was strange even when i went to get the pills the chemist was concerned at them giving me so many months worth.it was like i had to talk him into thinking it was ok.

well now i have 3 months left of clomid ,waiting to see if this months worked but its not looking likely.

im wondering what will they do next? send me away as ive had so many goes or give me a higher dose?
im so fed up :(

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 2:12pm

Hi Liza

Are you being monitored on a monthly basis to see how you're responding to the clomid? Do you know whether you're ovulating on it?

Clinics vary in the amount of cycles of clomid they'll prescribe. The average seems to be six, but some will prescribe more.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 2:18pm

hi there

im having it on the nhs they gave me a day 21 blood test at the beginning of the 6 months to which i was told your doing what we hoped you would be doing!

they did say the older a person is the long it will take to work im 34

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 2:21pm

Take a look over this thread which explains why monitoring is so important INFO: CLOMID - MONITORING/TRACKING

Just having one blood test at the start is not sufficient to know whether or not it is working every month for you. It may not be working - you may need the dose increasing or to try something else but you don't know this because you're not being monitored properly. Can you ask them to do full monitoring (a mid cycle scan and a day21 blood test) for a month to see what's happening? You don't actually know at the moment whether you're ovulating on it or not!

I had clomid on the NHS as well and had full monitoring every month.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 2:27pm

yea i read that earlier and none of the times ive been on clomid even 11 years ago i never had any of this only 1 blood test i guess its my hospitals way of doing things . but yes when i go back i am going to be asking why i wasnt monitored fully and can i be if im allowed more doeses

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE