You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Mrs Croc

• "Mrs Croc" started this thread

Reg: Aug 21st 2008

Children: None

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 4:09pm

A Comparison of IVF Cost worldwide

I am looking to go abroad for IVF as, since I am already 43, the cost is crucial to us given the number of cycles it is liable to take at my age!

I had been trying to find a comparative cost table to help me decide where to go but it seemed that one did not exist! So, not to be one to give up, I decided to compile my own! I have spoken to people, checked out individual clinics and in the case of the USA and UK taken the known figures - I have covered 44 countries so far.

I thought this list may be useful to some of you here - it is not complete by any means and I am still working on it, but it gives you a good idea of the type of prices you can expect to be paying.

If you, like me, are looking for this type of information please check it out on my blog - IVF Cost - I hope you find it useful, please let me know if you think I have missed anything.

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

Although India seems to be a good option, a little closer to home are Hungary and Latvia. I have spoken to a clinic in Hungary but has anyone had any experience of Latvia?
Mrs Croc

Natalia

Reg: Oct 7th 2008

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 7:44pm

Hi Mrs Croc,

Thanks a lot for this information. It is very useful.

Natalia
Natalia

Mrs Croc

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 8:46am

It's a pleasure Natalie, I'm glad that others are finding it useful.

I now have a lot of responses to a list of questions which many people helped me to draw up, and I have posted the responses from each clinic on the blog. I have contacted 123 clinics around the world so far and am still in the process of getting the responses up on the blog so if there is any particular country you are interested in please do keep checking the blog or let me know and I will make sure you get all of the information I have.

Thanks
Mrs Croc
Mrs Croc

Sissi

Reg: May 21st 2008

Children: have none yet

Monday, November 10th 2008, 9:05am

RE: A Comparison of IVF Cost worldwide

Love,

be careful with the success rates, because I did your comparision some time ago...and some countries like India..are starting at the moment..

it´s aso very important the price of the flight and the personal there...what do you think?

Kissessssss
Sissi

Sissi

Monday, November 10th 2008, 9:33am

RE: A Comparison of IVF Cost worldwide

Hi..

..do you know the price of the treatment in Irealnd?..all inclusive..

a friend doesn´t know if going to Spain or to Ireland..

Thanks so much!!!!
Sissi

Mrs Croc

Monday, November 10th 2008, 9:39am

Sissi,

I agree entirely about the success rates, I find them quite baffling! I really am not sure how to compare success rates between clinics as they all seem to use different measurements. Added to that there is the fact that different countries will replace a differing number of embryos and you have to balance the risks with the increase in success rate. What I have found myself doing is going more with my feelings as to how well they answer my questions and how open and welcoming they appear to be - a very personal response but as you imply you have to feel comfortable with the people on such an important matter.

The flights are a big issue when you are going to somewhere like India - not so bad if you intended to take a holiday there anyway and you can combine the two. I have, however found a clinic that appears good in Hungary and those flights are cheap if you can get the right deal.

Overall I must admit that I find it all very confusing and one day I think I know what to do and the next I feel that I should just give up - I don't know if this is a normal reaction or just me! I also find myself clinging to the fact that it may all just happen naturally (total denial I know, the chances are VERY slim!)

Thank you very much for your comments Sissi, it's always good to know that others are out there to help.

Mrs Croc xxxx
Mrs Croc

Mrs Croc

Monday, November 10th 2008, 11:20am

Sissi,

I have some costs for Ireland (more details are on my blog). HARI will not treat people who live outside of Ireland. Cork Fertility have a basic cost for IVF of 3750 euro and ICSI is 4250 euro. Simms in Dublin are 4150 euro for IVF and 4450 for ICSI. I did contact three other clinics in Ireland but did not get a reply.

Hope this helps
Mrs Croc xxx
Mrs Croc

Sissi

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 9:23am

Hi Love,

I think waht you are doing is great..sorry if I were too simple.

Keep trying and don´y give it up!!!!..I am sure you will make it true.

Kisses.

Sissi
Sissi

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE