You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "Rosh75" started this thread

Reg: Sep 3rd 2008

Children: Hopefully!

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 9:20am

GP got SA results wrong?

Hey guys

I don't know if any of you can help at all?

We had 2 SA tests done and when DH rang up for the second results his GP had a phone consult with him and said that his count had not improved but everything was normal. When he got his results the first time his GP said that if there had been any motility/morphology problems he would have mentioned it.

He got a printout from his GP for a referral through my GP for IVF and i've just looked at it and it says...

..total sperm count potentially abnormal
Appearance normal
Volume 2.5
Sperm Count 1
Total motility 50%
Progressive motility 10%

Anyone good ad deciphering?? I'm guessing that his morphology is okay but the rest isn't great?

Anyone taken Macca for improving count/motility and had excellent results?

Our referral has been made now for a FS to have IVF which is positive i just feel annoyed at DH's GP not telling us the truth

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 10:05am

RE: GP got SA results wrong?

Hi Rosh75 - first of all :hugs: a big hug for you.

I am not a massive expert on sperm but is the count 1 or 1 million? My DH has a count of 7 million and we have been told that we might never get pregnant naturally with that count so that gives you something to measure your DH's count by. We are waiting for treatment, not sure what yet but it will be a long wait for us as we cant afford to go private.

I hope someone comes along soon with a better answer than mine. Just rememember - where there is a will there is a way :pray:
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

• "Rosh75" started this thread

Reg: Sep 3rd 2008

Children: Hopefully!

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 10:29am

Thanks Angel.

His count was 1 million for both although there was only 4 weeks apart so not really enough of a chance for an improvement i reckon!

I did have a chemical in Feb but hubby was on medication which can cause abnormalities in unborn babies and GP said that this could have had an effect or it could have just been one of the 80% first pregnancies than end in early miscarriage??

Have hope hun - my GP said there is every chance we could fall naturally as it only takes one and i know of 3 people who are close friends that fell pregnant naturally whilst waiting for IVF - one of them had low count/motility and morphology - majority of them had no tails.

Here's to us getting our BFP in 2009 be it naturally or with a little help! :cheers:

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 10:36am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rosh75
Here's to us getting our BFP in 2009 be it naturally or with a little help! :cheers:

I will drink to that :cheers2:

I see we have more in common than we think - I have to loose weight for IVF as well, its a bummer isnt it :bawl:
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "angel_mouse" (Oct 3rd 2008, 10:37am)

Miracle1

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: Three gorgeous nephews and 1 furbaby

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 11:28am

Hi

We had the same problem with our GP - he hadnt got a clue. The first doctor we saw said there was no way my DH would be able to get a woman pregnant by the natural method - I mean how awful. Its hard enough going through this never mind the doctor saying such an awful thing. Anyway after this first appointment he said we would need referring for ICSI but he would have to send me to the local hospital first to get me checked out as well. I went to this appointment only to be told by the gynae people that my GP had wasted my time as well as theirs because I had had an xray previously to check my tubes and that I needed to be referred direct to a fertility clinic and the only person to do this was my GP. I was fuming at this point so straight after coming out of the hospital we went straight to my GPs. We had to wait but were saw by a different doctor this time. Well he was just as useless as the first one - he hadnt a clue who to refer us to because he says its usually the womans problem and he always referred to gynae. He had to ring his secretary who we needed referring to and she told him a urologist so we are waiting to see him now. Dont know whether this will be a waste of time but we are due to go on 20th October.

Hopefully you have been referred to the right people now.

My DH has low motility and morphology. If I was you I would send your SA results to the Sperm Scientist as she deciphered my husbands and she thinks we need IUI instead of ICSI because my DH's results are not as bad as they seem.

Heard nothing about the macca tablets but I would also like to know if they help. I have got my DH on Wellman tablets as well as extra zinc so I am hoping that helps.

Good luck to everyone :goodluck:
Miracle1

bigkiss

Me (41) DH (39) (male factor)
TTC - 10 yrs, conceived naturally in 2002, M/C @ 6 wks :tears:
Enquired about adoption - but not for us
:angel2: for a natural miracle one day xfingers

[zx022]

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE