You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "bunny2tot" started this thread

Reg: May 5th 2008

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 11:52am

clinics in belgium/brussels?

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the clinics in Belgium. Which ones are the best? Has anyone been treated there and what did they think about it.

Thanks

Bx

Tamara

Reg: Sep 25th 2008

Children: 1 angel in heaven - 1 miracle on the way

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 6:33am

I am originally from Belgium, I had two very good FS there called dr. Luc Segal and dr. Jan Gerris. In my opinion those are the two best FS you can get there, they are located in Antwerp. I dont know any in Brussels, sorry.
1 Natural BFP 29/06/2008 : Ectopic :bawl: Only working tube removed.
First IVF = BFP ! + 5 Snowbabies Beta 21/10 : 81.2 - Beta 25/10 : 695.7
starsmile starsmile

:xmas46:

Reg: Sep 8th 2008

Monday, October 6th 2008, 9:43pm

Hi there,
I had three IVF treatments at the VUB in Brussels - very famous and very thorough treatment although now under considerable pressure with huge demand for their services and long waiting lists. Site in English at http://www.brusselsivf.be/default_en.asp…AFALAF&lang=EN, We moved to Brugge and I am currently undergoing treatment IUI at St. Lucas . Check out the BIRTH site there http://www.birth.be. it gives an overview.
They seem almost as busy as the VUB .Main difference I've noted is that they do not automatically jump to IVF like the VUB, smaller team and less likely to talk about their workloaad to patients .
Staff in both hospitals speak excellent English but are Flemish based.
If you are Belgian, or married to a Belgian I think as many as 6 treatments are paid for by the state. Prices used to be less than Uk prices by 40% but it's been some years since my hubby calculated that and I'm unable to make the maths, you'd need to check the sites.

OVerall, Belgian services are highly professional and organised see www.expatica.com/be/survival/health/havi…gium-1437.html. Once you get on the list you have appointments and treatments scheduled like clockwork. What they say they'll do they'll do . lAsk me any questions if you like, happy to give you any more info I have. Hope this helps start you off.
Miracle Baby girl arrived 22 Aug 09. Still trying to adopt our little love in Zimbabwe
MY PREGNANCY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE