You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, September 19th 2008, 1:21pm

Frozen or fresh...

Hi all,

We had our drugs demo on Monday and due to start DR on sunday 21st. I was just wondering if any of you had to do this too...

DH had vasectomy reversal, didn't work but we have quite a few vials of frozen sperm, of pretty good quality, DH had another SA done in June and the Dr said that there was a tiny bit coming through (3 in total!) but obviously not enough to get pregnant naturally so still go ahead with the frozen ICSI treatment.

When we told the nurse this at the demo she said, oh right well I expect the embrologist will want you to do a fresh sample and then see which is best. She may change her mind and do IVF instead too.

I am a little confused now... obviously if it happens that the fresh is better than the frozen on the day then great (though unlikely) but we are all geared up for ICSI, our Consultant said it was our best chance (and we have obviously paid the extra too...). A little worried now that they might do IVF instead (when our consultant said our chances of success with that would not be as high).

Probably worrying about nothing (usually do :smile:)... anyone had anything similar?

:xxx:

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dusky7" (Sep 19th 2008, 1:23pm)

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Friday, September 19th 2008, 1:30pm

RE: Frozen or fresh...

Hi Dusky

A lot of clinics will decide on the day whether to go for IVF or ICSI depending on the sample provided.

IVF has a better fertilisation rate and a clinic would always choose that first over ICSI as it's mimicking what happens naturally (i.e. the fittest sperm penetrating the egg rather than one sperm being injected).

However, I don't know exact numbers but you need many thousands of sperm to do IVF.

I wouldn't worry about which procedure they'll do, as they won't take risks and will always go with the one to give you the best chances.

Hope that helps honey.

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, September 19th 2008, 5:05pm

It does, thank you so much. Sorry for ranting on. Must stop worrying, they know what the're doing :smile: Thanks Duffymoon xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE