You are not logged in.

Unread posts

JoJo

Ace

• "JoJo" started this thread

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 8:31pm

sterilisation reversal

This is a question for a friend. she was sterilised 2 years ago after coming out of a bad relationship.. to get to the point, she has now met someone and wants to know if she would be able to have it reversed on the nhs.

Her dp doesnt have any children and has recently gone into remission from leukemia. So he is having a sperm test done next week.

has anyone got any idea if it is available on the nhs and if not how much roughly it will cost

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 8:45pm

Going back years and years now, but my mum had to beg her cons to reverse hers, eventually he agreed and put her on a years waiting list. I think it all depends on your PCT hun :)

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

JoJo

Ace

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 9:10pm

ive told her to go to the docs but im sure she signed something to say that if she needed it reversed, she would have to pay

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 9:45pm

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/hospitalt…sation-reversal

Found this, it says that IVF may also be an option, in which case could she see about egg sharing? I know that my mum had been warned that as she had been sterilised for 11 years the chances of success were very slim compared to IVF success (which I genuinely know nothing about, just a suggestion) but luckily she concieved my LB in just over a year and my LS a year after that :)

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

JoJo

Ace

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 10:01pm

thanks missy, i just text her with that.

Rae

Star

Reg: Apr 20th 2007

Children: 4

Friday, July 13th 2007, 9:24am

I'd be really interested to find out how she gets on as I keep wondering whether to look further into it myself.

x

Me 40
DP 43
twin boys born '93, dd born '98 [zx076]

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 10:10pm

As far as I can find out, there is very little chance of getting this op on the NHS. I have looked into it extensively, and haven't found one PCT who will pay for it.

Privately the op is likely to cost around £3000. We decided that due to DH's sperm issues we would go for IVF with ICSI. Given that some of his SA's have been quite promising, and that he suffers from a fluctuating problem with numbers and motility, we have decided that if this cycle of treatment doesn't work, I will have the reversal done. We can't really envisage trying IVF after IVF in the hope that it will work. We will try again, but maybe not for a year or so. In the meantime, if I have the reversal there is at least some hope that I will manage to get pregnant in the meantime, and it will not have involved months and months of drugs.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

hopeful

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Tuesday, September 25th 2007, 10:37pm

I had a reversal and had to go private but used an NHS hospital. Everything is working had one pregnancy last April but lost at 7wks. What it cost would have only got me one cycle of IVF so I took a chance on the reversal being a better option. I had some groundwork done first though to see if it was viable.

Reg: Jan 7th 2008

Children: savannah 10, Bailey 9, caleb 8

Monday, January 14th 2008, 7:07pm

Hi,
I'm due in next week for a sterilisation reversal and it is costing £3500, I tried for a year to get the op on the NHS but was refused twice. It has to be exceptional circumstances for them to even consider it, but there is no harm in asking, your friend may just get lucky.

Reg: Mar 2nd 2008

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 11:52am

Hi Newbie here!

I was sterilised in 2001 during a c section, this was offered to me as I had experienced a few problems during my pregnancy (ok I went a bit loopy!) and at the time the thought of going through it again was a definite no-no.

Once I had sorted myself out after the birth, probably about 6 months, I began to regret having it done and these feelings have continued ever since.

I've not been to my GP yet as I don't think he will be very sympathetic but we have decided that we would like another child so we are going to see him this week.

I can't help thinking I am being a bit selfish though, I have 2 wonderful children so why can't I be happy with what I have? But it kind of consumes my every thought :sadface:

Does anyone know if any particulary sterilisations are irreversable, I vaguely remember the consultant telling me it was for keeps :(

Thanks

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: maria 8, leah 6, ella 3

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 11:19am

hi there. going to see a consultant on fri morning about the reversal.
i was clipped in 2005 after having my 3rd 6months previous, really regret as i was only 29yrs old. we have decided at whatever cost to have it reversed, which i'm told in total is £3742.00.
i have 3 gorgeous girls, all really healthy, maria 8yrs, leah 6yrs, and ella 3yrs, just want another!!!!
i have done some research and found quite a good sucess rate of around 60%-95% , if not too much damage, how were your tubes done?? i hear the op is simple and quick so i'm hoping all will go well. shoud'nt get my hopes up too much, but i have read 2 stories the same as me and both got pregnant within the month, my husband is excited about trying again....i wonder why??????
take care, and let me know if you find out anymore, jo xxx :bye: [zx005]

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Monday, April 21st 2008, 9:31am

I have been told that the sterilisation op which involves putting clips on the fallopian tubes is the easiest and most successful to reverse. This is what I had done in 2000 so I am hoping that if and when I go to have a reversal, that it is successful. We have a double wammy in that DH has a very variable sperm count, sometimes as low as 0.5 million and sometimes 18 million, but we are willing to let nature try for us and go the natural route if need be. Surely IUI would be an option for us if my op were reversed too, which of course is way cheaper than IVF.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

mimi

Reg: Sep 17th 2008

Wednesday, September 17th 2008, 2:12pm

RE: sterilisation reversal

Hi JoJo
I have just received a quote for reversal which is £3,360 plus initial consultation fee's of about £200.
I am considering having this done myself and have been looking all over for information. It does seem that consultants are not keen to do it although I have read a number of success stories! It is all very confusing and I would also appreciate any advice!

Hope this gives you an idea of cost!!

MiMi
MiMi

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE