You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "lizzy25" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 3:39pm

3 months between attempts...???

I'm in the long 2ww of my very first IVF cycle. If this fails I want to get started right away with a new cycle. However, my clinic in Aberdeen told me that I need to wait for 3 periods. That is a life time!! My cycles are also longer than average. Its going to kill me. If after 3 IVF cycles I have not fallen pregnant I want to adopt and I'd like to get the ball rolling asap. Has anyone been told the same or has anyone started one cycle of IVF straight off the back of one other failed cycle, or even with just 2 periods between.....?

Their reasoning for the delay was so thay my body should return to a 'normal' cycle. Well thats never going to happen - I don't have 'normal' cycles :( I just want to get things going so I can move forward with my life.
xxxx
Sept '08 1st IVF :BFN:
Jan '09 2nd IVF :BFP: bab10
Dec '11 3rd IVF :BFN: 1xfrostie
June '12 failed thaw
Nov '12 4th IVF :BFN: 3 snow babies

• "I'm hopeful" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 13th 2008

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 5:03pm

I am sorry hun you have to wait that long, but each hospital is different and they must say this for a reason?? If you are keen to try sooner look into another clinic?

Anyway you won't need to try again because it will work PMA PMA!!

xx

It's Twins!!

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 6:58pm

Hello Lizzy, congratulations at being a PUPO lady. Please don't give up hope for this cycle though - this may be the one that works!

Re starting again, I was told that I had to have the BFN AF, then two more before starting again on day 21 -that works out at roughly 3 months - and most others on this site wait that long between cycles. It does seem an age and I was desperate to start again after my BFN but to be honest it is good to have a few weeks out when you can have fun and not worry about what you are drinking and eating. Most ladies use it was time to go away for a few days on holiday too as we all deserve that.

It's good that you have a plan in place for the future, I do too, but now you are PUPO concentrate on what is happening now, and be kind to yourself. These drugs put alot of pressure on your body so you do need some time to recover.

Wishing you lots of luck and BFP with this cycle x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ros" (Aug 24th 2008, 6:58pm)

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 7:33pm

Hi Lizzy,

I know everything seems like such a long wait but i think its really to give your body time to recover and you and DH time to mentally prepare for the next round.

I am on the waiting list for Aberdeen also and have been looking into overall time for IVF and if need 3 attempts then what next etc, also. I think all you can do is plan what is right for you (although im aware that for many age is a factor), once you clearly know your 'worst case' timelines it does make it easier to handle.

I know how much you want a child and understand how a month let alone a year seems like an eternity but you need to remain positive and take each treatment at a time and focus on that one working.

Good luck - hope everything goes well for you.

J. xxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

• "lizzy25" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 10:33pm

Lisa, Ros, Janey thanks for the encouragement! :happy: I'm the only person I know that is going through this and its really nice to hear from others that can truely understand. Lots of baby dust to you all xxx
Sept '08 1st IVF :BFN:
Jan '09 2nd IVF :BFP: bab10
Dec '11 3rd IVF :BFN: 1xfrostie
June '12 failed thaw
Nov '12 4th IVF :BFN: 3 snow babies

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE