You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "stanhope4" started this thread

Reg: Aug 20th 2008

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 9:37am

Newbie Worried

Hi,

I am a 26 yr old male and in May we are getting married and then want to start a family, i have just bought the fertell kit and tested last night and to my dismay it has come back negative, naturally i am gutted.

Would it be wise to see my GP now even though we haven't started trying?

And in 9 months could i increase my mobility and count to be considered normal??

Thanks for your responses in advance

Regards

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 12:26pm

RE: Newbie Worried

Hi Stanhope

Welcome to :FZ:

Sorry to read that the home kit didn't give you the results you wanted. :cuddle

To be honest though, I would recommend that you go to your GP and get referred for a proper Sperm Analysis test. Quite often this will need to be done at the hospital as it's important for sperm to be tested within an hour.

There are many ways to improve your sperm through lifestyle changes. Have a read of this thread here for some ideas Sperm Quality / Quantity - Some Tips But I think first of all, you need a detailed analysis to be able to know what your options are.

Hope that helps. [zx189]

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Sun Flower

Superstar

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 12:57pm

Hi
welcome to FZ, sorry about your home test. I am not sure how accurate they are so I cant comment on the result, however I would suggest going to your GP to request a SA. It is not only your fertility that will need to be investaigated, your future wife will also have to have tests to get a complete picture of your fertility status before a treatment plan can be thought about for you both.

My hubby has just had a SA (Semen Analysis) at a private clinic and it came back zero spem so I understand your worry as we were (and still are) gutted ;(
there are many things you can do to increase your sperm count ie, vitamins, cool baths etc.. Duffy Moon's link will give you loads of tips and advice

If you do make a GP appointment, please keep us posted and let us know how you get on

Good Luck

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 6:19pm

Hello there,

Just wanted to welcome you to our home,there is lots of us here that can help and advise you .

I just wanted to echo what Duffy and Sunflower have said about getting to see your gp as soon as you can.

Dont be afraid, even if it were to be zero theres lots and lots that can be done and you wouldnt be alone theres lots of us ladies here supporting our dh's and loving them just as much as before if not more, its amazing how much you admire and respect your dh's strength and courage at times like this.

Just wanted to reassure you that you have lots of support here and that your dw is welcome to coem and chat to us too if she wanted to speak to some other ladies about it , We all know how tough it is on you both x

I do hope it all turns out to be ok and just a glich in the test but please do stay in touch and let us know how you get on.

A friend of ours here dh had a doctors test that said zero and then upon the second found sperm so its not always the worst news.
Also even if it is as I said before they have lots of ways of retriving it so all is not lost

Wishing you and your dw the very best of luck and just to say please dont put it off , we put off going for our results for months and now I really regreat that as we could ahve been so much further along this long road now.
Sadly this all takes a fair bit of time to get sorted.

On average if you go to the docs for the sperm test after the first one , if it were to be negitive then they would want you to wait another three months (thats how long it takes to make a fresh batch ) for a second test, then after waiting for the results if it were to be the same again they then refer you on to probaby a fertility clinc that app alone can take two months to come around and then its a set of various blood test that take six weeks or so to come back before you even get to the next stage.
So I guess i am jsut trying to show you the realitys of it and that you realy should get it sorted as soon as you can as it is a long road , I just wish I would have known that myself at the start and maybe as i said we would be further along this journey now.

Sorry thats turned into an epic!
Hope it all makes sense and best of luck.

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 6:59pm

Welcome to :FZ: Stanhope

I'm sorry I can't help with your questions but I just wanted to say hello.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit for the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world, I hope you get the answers you need soon and it isn't as bad as you fear.

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE