You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "angel_mouse" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 9:35am

Testicular Ultrasound

My Hubby had this yesterday and they never told him anything they just said that they would send the results to his Urologist. Does anyone know what type of things they are looking for with this test? He has a low sperm count so do they think he may have a blockage or something. I hate our hospital its all guess work they tell you nothing....!!!! ;(
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 10:09am

RE: Testicular Ultrasound

Hi Angel Mouse

My DH had one of these 18 months ago although the reasons for him having one were because he had an illness a few years ago and together with showing a zero count of sperm they wanted to rule out any visible damage to the testes.

His results stated: both testes and epididymides appear structurally normal. No focal lesions. Normal vascularity.

I would have thought that given your DH's low sperm count they are probably just looking for anything obvious being the cause at source i.e a blockage of some sort though a tescticular U/S isn't routinely done. They really should have told you why they referred him and what they'd hope to gain from it! :cross:

Hope that helps hon. Do let us know how he gets on. [zx189]

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 10:23am

:hello:Angel Mouse,

Ditto to what Duffy just said and also just wanted to say , if You are concerned perhaps you could call them back and ask them to give you thier results also ?
Or maybe badger the Urologist to give you the answers .

Wishing you the best of luck

Holly :smile:

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

• "angel_mouse" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 11:57am

Thanks ladies :D is there anything they can do for a man if they find a blockage of some sort?

Another thing that is annoying me is that my Gynie told me that it WOULD be possible for us to get preggers naturally with DHs results, but DH's urologist told us that no it WOULDNT be possible for us to get preggers naturally - who the hell are we suppose to beleive....!!! :cross:
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 12:18pm

Hello again :smile:

Ok dont quote me but I "think" that it is something like less than 20

edited to say Million instead of thousand, as just read the link to make infertily at the top and that says mils instead of thousands!
is considered as infertile ? as in need assisted conception and over that can achieve natural , i think?

I am not sure why a biopsy would be needed if sperms are being prodcued in the semen normally they just pop them all in with the egg and do ivf/isci.

The only scenario i can imagine ( and again guess work) would be if the forms were damaged it could be that they would extract directly to stop them being deformed by what ever blockage may be causing it ?

so if forms are ok and count is there cant really see why they would do that ?
I would give him a ring and ask him these questions , dont take no for an answer I know its like beating your head against a brick wall but I say keep on at them and give them the headache instead of you! :snigger:

good luck and let us know how you get on :smile: x

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "hollybolly" (Aug 7th 2008, 12:22pm)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE