You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 35 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "james_1986" started this thread

Reg: Jul 2nd 2008

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 10:19pm

A Bit About Me

Hello There

Firstly men I am new to this forum.

Me and my wife have been trying for a baby for two years now and have tried everything.

I have done loads of semen samples and they are all low. My wife has PSCOS. We have had many hospital and doctors appointments and had a hospital appointment today where the consoltant referred us to the IVF clinic at a different hospital.

I was just wondering if any other men and their partner have been referred and what happens?

Thanks in advance

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 10:30pm

Hi James
Welcome to the board. My Dh also has a low count. We were referred due to issues with my cycle, so after the first batch of routine tests we found out about my DH. From then on any tests re me were abandoned as IVF was our only option. We needed ISCI as his count was 1-2 mil and this would give us a better chance. Basically we were on the waiting list for 2 years. I'm not sure how it works in your area but a few phone calls to the clinic would give you a good idea of the lists etc, and of course the private options.

It's all so confusing in the early days, but this website really is so very helpful, and there are loads of us gone thru very similar treatments, so have a good read if you can. There's a lot of support on here for both you and your wife.

Wishing you both the best of luck.

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 10:31pm

Hi James

Welcome to :FZ:

Sorry to hear that you've not been successful so far :sadface:

We have our very own andrologist who kindly spends time answering questions relating to sperm analysis. You can pop your results on to this thread and perhaps get a better understanding of what it actually means.

LIFE IN THE LAB - FOR ALL OF YOUR SPERM QUESTIONS

If you've been referred to IVF already then that's great because you've got a plan and although in an ideal world, we'd all be able to conceive naturally, sometimes we just have to accept that IVF is the next best thing and let's face it, we all want a baby so we just have to look at IVF as our way of conceiving.

We have a board here where you'll find lots of useful information concerning IVF (IVF/ICSI) and when you get to start your IVF, we also have a board where you can share the journey with others; some will be new to it and some won't be but it's a great support for everyone. CYCLE BUDDY BOARD

Just to say as well that there's a Just for Men board that you can apply to join by clicking on your PROFILE and USER GROUPS and clicking apply to Join this Group by the Just for Men board.

If I can help with anything, please do shout.

xxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Billie

Megastar

Reg: Oct 13th 2005

Children: Moving on from TX. Dedicating our lives to each other and fur-babies.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 10:32pm

hello and welcome to fz. :hello:

sorry i'm not a man james, but which clinic are you using?
did they give you any idea of a timeframe for an appointment?

i cant help with the semen questions but if you get referred to the clinic i'm at, i can point you in the right direction.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
1st IVF & FET= No Transfer
4 x BFN

"Some days you're the dog........Most days you're the tree"

• "james_1986" started this thread

Reg: Jul 2nd 2008

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 10:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by cazzmo
Hi James
Welcome to the board. My Dh also has a low count. We were referred due to issues with my cycle, so after the first batch of routine tests we found out about my DH. From then on any tests re me were abandoned as IVF was our only option. We needed ISCI as his count was 1-2 mil and this would give us a better chance. Basically we were on the waiting list for 2 years. I'm not sure how it works in your area but a few phone calls to the clinic would give you a good idea of the lists etc, and of course the private options.

It's all so confusing in the early days, but this website really is so very helpful, and there are loads of us gone thru very similar treatments, so have a good read if you can. There's a lot of support on here for both you and your wife.

Wishing you both the best of luck.

Thank you for your message, if your partner would like to chat then please give them my email address which is: **This post has been edited by the moderating team to remove the poster's email address. Members can choose to share email address via PM if they wish but we advise against posting email addresses on the public boards.**

Thanks

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 35 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE