You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Monday, January 28th 2008, 7:53pm

Just thought i'd add
Which - have done a survey it as publised this week Mclaren Techo came out top For Ease of use, comfort, and size and cost 295.
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Jan 22nd 2007

Monday, February 4th 2008, 4:14pm

I feel for you Patty!

We've finally ordered ours - it's the Micralite Travel System and it's bloomin' brilliant.

:):):)

It's sooooo light, and seeing as I'm such a weak soul then it's ideal. Can't wait for it to arrive now!

xxx

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, February 4th 2008, 4:32pm

I wish we had bouhght the phil & ted first time - like you say though it took so long to get Plum that we didn't expect to get lucky as quickly as we did!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, February 4th 2008, 5:44pm

I would get the Phil & teds single then add the toddler seat later if that's what happens. I had the quinny buzz for M which I sold for virtually what I paid for it so that money went towards the Phil & teds I now have.

It is really easy to push easier than the quinny!

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 10:32pm

anyone thinking about the bugaboo bee? £359 only 7.7kgs.....
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Dec 6th 2006

Children: 1 little boy

Sunday, March 9th 2008, 9:19pm

OBABY prams - Recommendations?

i know i still have plenty of time but i thought i would start looking around at what sort of pram i like and have been looking at lots of different styles and makes i have seen one in a little shop today and i have fallen in love with it but dont really know anything aout the make its OBABY have any of you had one of these prams or know the make?

TTC#1 4y
:BFP: 04/09 M/C

Lap 06 endo + scar tissue
Lap 08/07 laser of endo + adhesions

:BFP: 12/07 baby7Lucas born 11/09/08
Now TTC#2 since aug 09(please dont mention on fb)

Reg: Jun 8th 2006

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 10:50am

Hi all - we've just started looking at prams and like everyone are feeling massively confused.

I've just read that newborns should be lying flat as much as possible - so does that make the whole idea of the car seat fixed on to the pram a bit pointless? I'm surprised as all my friends seem to have used the travel systems and their babies seem to live in the car seats quite a lot of the time.

We've been looking at the Graco Expedition - three wheeler (a bargain at £139 with the car seat included). The front wheel is fixed - does this matter?

The seat fully reclines - so should be good for baby from birth.

Any views on this particular pram? All advice welcome.
Petra

5 years ttc
Endemetriosis
2005 - 3 IUI
1st IVF - 2006 - BFN
Nov 2006 - FET - BFP - 3/01/07 m/c at 8 weeks - blighted ovum

Nov 2007 - FET - :BFP: - bab21

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 10:57am

I got the Bugaboo Chameleon and still love it. It is perfect to travel with. We just check it in straight away and use a sling at the airport. You can get a check in bag for it.
Z sleeps in it all the time at home. It is his nap chair! I have no wish to change it for any other buggy :)

We got the sun shade for it and the breezy cover (so that air circulates through the canopy) We use the breezy canopy wintertime too since he likes to look out from the sides.

The rain cover is perfect!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

dwarf

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: ds 2yrs

Tuesday, March 18th 2008, 12:00pm

I had the bebe confort Loola last time and going to stick with it. We have two small cars and it fitted into both boots. Also windoo carry cot is a lie down car seat if you have to do long journeys and big enough to last baby a good while lying down. All the bits: car seat, carry cot and buggy just click in so no need for adaptors and it's really light. Buggy seat can face you or away and loved talking to ds as I was pushing him.

Learnt on a teaching course from language therapist that one of the things re behaviour and language is that research has shown deterioration in these things in young people nad they think it's to do with families not eating together, but also in the olden days (my mum would be shouting at me now!) the big prams always had babies sitting up and facing the 'driver'. This meant the baby/ toddler watched and saw how adults interact and picked up on behaviour. Hence the seat facing backwards appealed to me. Obviously it is only one contributory factor.

My advice is to go with what you like. The lool and all its bits was expensive but I really have had my use out of it and lucky to get a number 2 so will get money's worth.

Have to admit though did get a little Maclaren which now stays in the back of my car for short trips and we use it when we go away - especially flying as the baggage rules have become really restrictive. You can get cheap ones though.

Buggy shopping is exciting. Most shops will let you order and pay and then colloect near the birth. Don't leave it until after as you need to take the baby home in a car seat and most fit a buggy nowadays.

Beware though as some manufacturers take their time delivering so order in plenty of time.

Glasgow pram centre on line were wonderful too. Everything delivered withing three days and all no problems. Often quite a bit cheaper than high st shops. Good baby shops will let you try the buggy in your car and the seats to make sure you are happy. Try them all - I did! Was important to me that system was easy to use.

Going to breathe now. Have fun looking.
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

Reg: Feb 13th 2007

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 12:28pm

I have been looking a prams and cotsbeds for the last few weeks and my head is buzzing. We have been looking at the Mama & Papas Herbie Ziko or the Silver Cross Linear Freeway. I must admit I prefer Herbie as it is so easy to dismantle and the carseat is a pro-sleep which means it goes right back so you can leave baby in for more than one hour as they reccommend and is really easy to fit on the frame.

Has anyone got any comments on these.
[row]
[/row]

Dec 07 - Natural :BFP:

TTC 3.5 years
6 months Clomid - :BFN:
M/C Oct 05
6 months on IUI - :BFN:
1st IVF Mar 07 BFP - M/C 5weeks
2nd IVF July M/C 5weeks WHY

lizzy

Reg: Jun 28th 2006

Friday, June 6th 2008, 1:40pm

ANYONE USED THE QUINNY I LIKE THE 4 WHEELER IT'S NEW FOR THIS YEAR, IT WAS EITHER THAT OR MAMAS AND PAPAS BUT I THINK I'LL GO WITH THE QUINNY AS IT GOES BACK UP ON IT'S OWN AFTER BEING PUT DOWN SO THERE'S NO STRUGGLING WITH BABY IN YOU ARMS
lizzy
Trying to concieve 7 years already got a 12 year old daughter who is gorg!!!!!!!!!!!

1st iui 26 june 06 failed!!!!!!
2nd iui 6 dec 06 failed!!!!!!!!!!
3rd iui Jan 07 abandoned ovulated to soon.
Jan 28 08 3rd and last iui.
Insem 7th Feb
BFP XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 6:47am

Pram?

Hi guys I guess wel need to be purchasing a pram soon and there are so many out there I wanted your opinions on which are good/bad/ugly etc.
Mum in law is buying it and is a pensioner so dont want to choose anything too expensive, must be able to let baby lie flat as newborn and be lightweight/not too "bulky" looking/easy to fold as Il be using public transport quite a lot. Any tips welcome - thanks in advance.
Me 35 DH 43

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 11:17am

We are getting this one :D

Weighs less than a maclaren, yet it has a pram mode and is rearward/forward facing, so it will be an ideal winter pram and a summer buggy! :happy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V…n%3D4%26ps%3D42

What also sold me on it was it comes with a 4 year guarantee 8)

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 12:31pm

Or buy second hand if you ont mind that, Lots of 2nd hand prams are like brand new but there a fraction on the price, I paid 600 new for my twin pram total waste of cash in hind sight could have gor one much cheaper.
Just make sure it fits in your car. Happy shopping x x

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 8:18pm

Thanks 1xbaby!
Anyone else got any tips please?
Me 35 DH 43

Saturday, June 14th 2008, 8:51pm

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Sunday, June 15th 2008, 9:26am

Things to remember are Pilgrim before you purchase your pramobile:

* Where are you going to store it at home - is it going to kept up all the time or will you put it in folded position when home?
* How heavy it is - I had a c-section so the pushchair I have (Graco Quattro Tour) was too heavy to lift up the steps so we also got a lightweight Mamu Formula 1 pushchair from Argos that was suitable from newborn so seat went right down. If you are using the buses alot, how easy it is to get up and down the steps of the bus and if you have to collapse it to get it on the bus are all factors.
* How small it collapses also if you have to put it in your car as what looks small in some cars is huge in others (for instance if you go in grandparents/friends cars).
* On Mothercare website (and there may be others) there are reviews of the pushchairs from people who use them.
* Also factor in how long you intend to use a big pushchair for - I bet there are thousands of parents who bought a big pushchair intending to use it until their little one was toddling who, six months on, bought a lighter weight one.
* Also how easy is it to move the seat from newborn to upright as if its too stiff - believe me - it will frustrate you (well it did me! but I am not sharpest tool in the box).

I have best of both words as I use the Quattro Tour at home as it has a big shopping tray and Rebecca likes to sit up high and almost upright and we use the Mamu (brand of Mamas & Papas) Formula 1 when we are out as it is narrow also and lightweight.

Happy shopping Pilgrim - don't let it give you a headache mind - there are so many different pushchair options out there it can get stressful.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SingingNun" (Jun 15th 2008, 9:27am)

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 8:42am

Thanks everyone been a big help - gonna go hunting now! Wish me luck!
Me 35 DH 43

Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 9:07am

Have fun x x

Monday, July 7th 2008, 11:23am

Hi think we have decided on Silver cross coast pram - anyone had any experience with this?
Me 35 DH 43

Reg: Feb 23rd 2007

Children: 1 Gorgeous little boy

Thursday, July 10th 2008, 3:48pm

I have been looking at prams over and over ...and over again :snigger: and still can't decide, I think I have it down to a few which are:

Quinny Buzz 4
Mamas & Papas, Ziko Herbie
icandy Apple
I do really like the bugaboo but think it is tad overpriced...

What is everyone else going for???

x

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Thursday, July 10th 2008, 3:52pm

I like the Herbie too as its a carry cot, just keep changing my bliming mind!!

Some of the pram linings seem a bit hard too or is it just me? x

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Thursday, July 10th 2008, 8:44pm

Crikey

Its like a whole new language!!!

I have heard of silver cross before, the rest is a mystery to me!!!! Clearly you lot are dedicated shoppers..... will prob end up with a bargain basement or 2nd hand job at this rate.

Note to self - research prams and buggies this weekend

ARGH!

C
x
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, July 11th 2008, 9:19am

i have bought a Jane pram, it is a three in one type, hopefully be ok, my sister in law has the icandy one which is really nice, i would have bought it but its a little bit too heavy for me. I also looked at the mamas and papas skate and the maxicosi one, but preffered the Jane one.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: Logan James born 24-12-2008

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 11:52pm

just popping in with news of my recent purchase, we ordered the silvercross 3d last week, iv been lookin at it 4 months now as i went pram shopping with my sis in law before she had her little one.
im really in love with it we ordered the car seat as well so we can use it as the travel system when needed, just cant wait to have lo to have to put in it :D
1st ICSI- Mar/Apr08 :BFP:
Logan James born 24-12-08 smile2
3rd ICSI December :BFP: :heart: :heart: seen at 7 wks

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 7:39am

I had a mamas and papas 1st time round, beautiful pram but really heavy and not particularly small so a bit of a pain trying to get it into small cars.

We are looking at a bugaboo bee this time round.

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Monday, December 29th 2008, 2:52pm

Maxi Cosi Mura V Quinny Buzz

Does anyone have any experience with the above travel sytems?

I really cannot make up my mind as to which one to go with and really want to make the right decision.

I think they are of similar price so that isnt even a deciding factor.

Any info/experience would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks ladies xx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Monday, December 29th 2008, 4:14pm

Hello Mate

I know two people with the Quinny and they both LOVE it!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Monday, December 29th 2008, 5:16pm

I have a Quinny and it has been fantastic up to about 3/4 months ago. I have a big boy and he has just totally outgrown it so its now redundant in the garage. Absolutely brilliant pram for when they are wee of if you have a small toddler though xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

donz

Monday, December 29th 2008, 5:52pm

I think I have fallen in love with the Maxi Cosi Mura 3, it seems a little more comfortable for the baby as the sides of the seat seem to be a bit risen so the baby would feel safer. The wheels look slightly bigger too and I will be doing plenty of walking to school and back with ds.

Altogether it looks a bit sturdier than the Quinny but I think I will have to test drive them both before making the final decision.

Been looking around at some prices too and it seems the Maxi Cosi Mura may be quite a bit cheaper aswell and not the same price as I previously thought which would be a lot better if my baby grows out of it sooner than expected - I tend to have BIG babies :snigger:

Thanks for all your input girls. Keep it coming! Im not very good at making decisions at the best of times let alone when I have 'baby brain' xx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:26pm

Ohhh just googled the maxi cosi and love it!!! Think a test drive is defo in order, let me know if you need a hand!

x

donz

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:28pm

Yeah, you can sit in it and I'll push you around the shop!! :snigger:

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:31pm

:snigger: that might work with a wheel barrow! x

donz

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:34pm

lmao ...............or two.................in my case!

Do they do twin wheel barrows lol :snigger:

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Indiechick

Superstar

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:36pm

:snigger:

Reg: Jul 21st 2007

Children: Baby boy Brennan...born 23rd April 09

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:52pm

We just ordered the Maxi Cosi Mura 3....we love it too!!! x
ME 33 DH 36
TTC 4 YEARS
2006 TUBAL ECTOPIC
2007 IVF CORNUAL ECTOPIC
2008 FET BFP! TWINS BUT LOST ONE AT 7W3D

BRENNAN MATTHEW WATTS BORN VIA C SECTION ON 23RD APRIL 2009
OUR DREAM HAS COME TRUE WE GOT THERE IN THE END :happy:

donz

Monday, December 29th 2008, 8:02pm

Hi Melissa,

I m glad you agree with me, I love the look of it, its gorgeous!

woohoo

Dh's parents have offered to buy it for us but not until a couple of weeks before the babys born so i will have to wait until then. Boo.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Reg: Jul 21st 2007

Children: Baby boy Brennan...born 23rd April 09

Monday, December 29th 2008, 8:04pm

It does look lovely,we have gone for the grey one x x x
ME 33 DH 36
TTC 4 YEARS
2006 TUBAL ECTOPIC
2007 IVF CORNUAL ECTOPIC
2008 FET BFP! TWINS BUT LOST ONE AT 7W3D

BRENNAN MATTHEW WATTS BORN VIA C SECTION ON 23RD APRIL 2009
OUR DREAM HAS COME TRUE WE GOT THERE IN THE END :happy:

donz

Monday, December 29th 2008, 8:08pm

Me too, me too! x

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Reg: Jan 1st 2008

Tuesday, December 30th 2008, 10:50pm

just a few questions!
don't the babies get cold in those styles? i've seen them out and about and thought they looked a bit draughty unless its just me......
And are they as safe as the more bulky prams about? i haven't been pram browsing yet so i aren't sure whats what, just a couple of observations i made! they both look nice but whats their advantage over the older designs (not mary poppins ones either!), the ones with carrycots and bigger/bulkier seats?
Got a BFP! 16/10/08 Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

donz

Tuesday, December 30th 2008, 10:56pm

Hi ya Chickapea,

They both come with old pram style option as well so I will be buying the pram bit too for those colder days.

Actually I think you buy that bit separately but at least the option is there with these two brands should you want this.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

donz

Tuesday, December 30th 2008, 10:57pm

If you like something more bulky then 'Silvercross' do some lovely ones. I particular like the Silvercross denim. xx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Wednesday, December 31st 2008, 10:48am

What do you think of this travel system?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITY-DRIVER-TRAVEL…A1%7C240%3A1318

Just seen it and think it looks good. How do I know whether the car seat will fit into our car though? In fact that goes for any car seat! Obviously when you buy them from the shops you can test them I assume? I thought that any car seat would fit into your car but DH has just asked me?

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Wednesday, December 31st 2008, 11:37am

That is one very funky looking pram! Don't be fooled by the 'all car seats fit in all cars' thing though. They don't. you'd be surprised at how many combinations don't go together. As this pram system is from a dealer on Ebay see what their returns rules are. Most places will accept a return if it's not suitable.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, December 31st 2008, 11:44am

I really like that hun

blowkiss

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Wednesday, December 31st 2008, 1:34pm

RE: What do you think of this travel system?

I think that's a beautiful pram. My only concern is the size of it and will you go through your front door ok and once in do you have somewhere to store it up and when folded. It also looks a little bulky to push. And as you don't get to try it as the seller is in germany it may be worth trying to find the puschair in a shop in the uk and trying it out if you can. I also agree with Mrs Smiff re: car seat. I found have the isofix base with the snap detachable car seat the best !!!!, rather than having to strap bubba in every time you go out. May be worth checking it has something easy like that. (Sorry have not read the whole advert so if it has :O )

Having said that its a reasonable price and its gorgeous colours and fab style.

x
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 12:09pm

RE: What do you think of this travel system?

It looks nice, but I would say, it's a good idea to see/try out the travel system you want to buy, as it's such a big and important purchase, and you want to be able to see how it steers, folds, how it handles etc!

We did buy our pram/buggy and carseat online, as it was cheaper, but we had tried them in the shop first, made sure the pram went in our boot, and the carseat fitted the car.

We were amazed at how difficult the carseat thing was! I have a ford fiesta, and many 1st stage seats wouldn't fit, because the seat belt wasn't long enough! We either had to buy one with a base, or get a seat belt extender. We went for a maxicosi cabirofix, with a base, and as Sooz says, the base was brilliant! No fiddling with seat belts each time, just clip in and out!
When we brought H's next seat, dh has a peugeot, and we only had a choice of 3 seats that would fit in his car! There are so many variables, in relation to safe fitting of the seat, and different makes of cars, so I really wouldn't buy a seat until you are sure it will fit safely into your car.
Some car manufacturers have a list of carseats that are compatible, so you may be able to ring your car manufacturer?

I would say, unless you can find out for sure it will fit in your car, go and look at carseats in a shop, we have found babies r us, mothercare and Halfords all very good, and knowledgeable. They will be able to advise which seat will fit in your car, try it out, and show you how to fit it safely too.
That's another thing, even one demo of how to fit the seat yourself, can help a bit, rather than buying a seat that you have never been shown how to fit.

Sorry, don't mean to be negative, it's just we came up against a few 'hurdle's buying both our seats, so far, and just wanted to let you know some of things we found out, because we didn't know until we started trying them in the cars!!

xxx

<

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl, our little miracle!

Thursday, January 1st 2009, 12:35pm

Hi girls,

The more I think about it I know it would be sensible to try it out in the shop first. We have seen a couple in Babies R Us so will go back there in a week or so. I don't drive so I haven't got to worry about myself but DH's car is a Renault Megane so will have to try the car seat out.

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Wednesday, January 7th 2009, 4:17pm

Thought I'd pass on my buggy tip!
We've been out testing and are getting the Quinny Buzz. I have been a bit worried about how quickly they grow out of these type of buggies though and so spending so much seems frivalous. I went on EBay and have got a really good condition Quinny Buzz for only £200. There's plenty of good ones on there as so many people have a second baby quite quickly and need a double or else move to a light weight stroller once the baby is big enough.
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

Tatiana

Superstar

Reg: May 26th 2008

Children: William Arthur and Emily Annabelle

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 8:46am

Morning darling how are you doing?Hope all ok.
We are also looking for prams and we checked on internet and we finde web for kiddicare.com and we like as well Silver Cross Sleepover, our choise is stoped at the moment on Deluxe Marina Liner Chassis, so will have to go and look at it, becouse on web site look good and easy, but i need to check for my self how will be,
Wish you good luck with finding good pram.
take care.
love.xxxx
Tatiana :xxx3:
Wish you all good luck and BFP in 2011

its a girl

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE