Unread posts

Gemsie25

• "Gemsie25" started this thread

Reg: May 13th 2008

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 4:11pm

Hope to start in June

Hello!

I'm new to FZ.

I am due to start my first IUI in June, i have to lose 2lb more to be within the BMI range they need before starting.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice for the cycle?, what to do, what not to do, drink, eat (have read snippets on milk and brazils) etc. Anything you feel or know can help really?

Also, i have PCOS and my BMI will be 34.5 when starting treatment, has anyone had IUI with either of these? if so did it work?.

Thanks so much,

Gems xx
Me-25, DH-30
TTC since Jan 2006...PCOS

Next step...IUI with Puregon, hopefully starting June 08

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 4:21pm

I would try to relax. Stress is so bad for fertility.
If you eat "proper" food, fresh, lots of veggies and protein then you should be fine.
Brazils are great but nuts in general are quite high in fat and calories so a limited amount should be good. Too much won't do the BMI any good.

Are you doing any exercise?
I find swimming very relaxing and good cardio exercise.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Gemsie25

• "Gemsie25" started this thread

Reg: May 13th 2008

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 5:07pm

Torisen, thanks hun.

One of my symptoms of the PCOS is chronic fatigue so exercise is a rare thing, very rare in fact. I have already lost 13lbs without exercise, but i know i really should do exercise just for my health even if not for the weight loss (does that make sense! lol!).

Stress is the one thing that i am concerned about because i am always really stressed, i have ocd too which doesn't help with my stress levels, and find it really hard to relax. I have started having reflexology every week, i have my 4th session on Friday. I am really relaxed during it, but then i am back to stressing.

xx
Me-25, DH-30
TTC since Jan 2006...PCOS

Next step...IUI with Puregon, hopefully starting June 08

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 7:42pm

Hi there,

Welcome to FZ! Reflexology is fab isn't it? I've just my first session this week and found it very relaxing.

Torisen is right, just try to relax and eat a healthy diet, am sure your clinic will give you some advise.

I've had one treatment of IUI so far and that was with Puregon and I found it fine, didn't have any side effects at all and the injecting lark is no where near as bad as you think.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with it all. Hoping to start my second go in June too so we'll have to compare notes!

Gracie

xxxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE