Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, April 21st 2008, 6:33pm

Long Protocol DIUI

Hi all,

Does anyone know much about this or has anyone had this?

Am having this for my second IUI due to timing issues and I've been advised today that I will start injections on about CD19? (I think that's what the clinic said anyway) From what I understand it will take over my system a bit more than normal, sounds a bit more like what IVF is like but am not sure, any advice would be great!

Thanks!

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Friday, May 2nd 2008, 3:46pm

Long protocol IUI

Hey Gracie,

I am a newbie but our fertility nurse spoke to us yesterday about the long & short protocols for IUI. Basically the long protocol is much more like the treatment used when having IVF, they 'shut down' your reproductive system and then restart it artificially using hormones. We were advised that in our clinic, they see no difference in success rates between short & long, they only introduced that long protocol as some RE don't like using Clomid.We have chosen short as it is much less 'stressful' on my system(ie: i may not try to kill Hubby!!) and also, half the price!
Good luck and remember to trust your clinic, they know what they are doing and everyones treatment is different.

Lots of baby dust xx :smile:

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MacMummy" (May 2nd 2008, 3:48pm)

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, May 2nd 2008, 8:03pm

RE: Long protocol IUI

Hi

Thanks for the reply! My first cycle was short protocol which went fine apart from the BFN of course!

I have spoken to the clinic since I wrote this post and they have explained they only use long protocol when people are on holidays or when it's proving hard to fit things in. I am happy to go for it this time since otherwise it will be ages before I get to 'go' again and for the sake of my sanity I am happy to give this a go. You are right about trusting the clinic, mine seems to be fab so far so I am happy to take their advice on this one.

Good luck with your IUI! Come and join us on the diaries.

xxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE