You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 37 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Potsworth" started this thread

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 9:30am

Looking for some support

I found out on Monday that a 20cm cyst i have had for the last 18 months and that was removed during my C Section last month actually contained a 6cm cancerous tumor. It has been removed and my consultant is confident it has all gone as he removed the ovary and tube too. I have to be monitored for the next 5 years on a cancer surveillance plan starting straight away. I am feeling so many things about having cancer through my pregnancy and not knowing it, finding out i had it and that it was gone all in a couple of days has messed with my head and also the future i face of a hysterectomy, monthly scans and blood tests for the next 5 years but also i feel lucky and grateful that i didn't know this when my baby was born and that it has all gone.

Although i have so many people around me, i have never felt more alone.

Mods, i had no idea where to put this so please move it to where you feel appropriate

Pots
xx

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 9:45am

Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry you're going through this :sadface:
I wish there was something I could say or do to take it all away for you, words fail me.
Please remember you're not alone, we're ALL here for you when ever you need us.
If you need to chat, you can PM me any time.

Thinking of you sweetie :hugs:

xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Reg: Oct 26th 2006

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 9:46am

Can't imagine how you are feeling, but guess this will take some getting used to. You aren't going to find a way to deal with it straight away, it will just take some figuring out.

Sending you the best of luck and lots of support as always.

Me 37 DH 35
PCOS since 1991
TTC 4.5 years
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
FET Mar 07 - BFN
2nd IVF Aug 07 on the NHS! Yippeeeeee - EC 3rd September 19 eggs - 2 fertlised - :BFP: Its a girl !

Baby Iona born April 2008 - 5 weeks early - The light of my life

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 9:51am

Oh sweetheart, I'm not surprised youre in turmoil. What a head fudge! I don't really have any advice to offer I just wanted to send you a big hug and tell you not to put pressure on yourself to feel anything in particular. In my (limited) experience a thunderbolt like this will knock you for 6 and it just takes time to get your head round it, chose a friend or two to talk it over with and just keep talking....

lots of love

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Thursday, April 17th 2008, 9:51am

Blimey Pots! What a total head f*** that must have been!!

I suppose the first thing is to say thank God it's gone and that it hadn't spread anywhere else in the time it was sat in your body! Are you having to be put on any radio tx or anything?? I know noone can predict the future but :pray: for you that this was an isolated incident and that they won't have to mess with your womb or anything else.

Having got 2 parents who've had the "big C" I know (second hand) what a chore it is to be reminded of what you went through by having to be closely monitored. But there's also surely got to be a bit of comfort knowing that you will be taken very very good care of? (I myself have to have scans every 4 months for the rest of my life coz my disease attacks my repro organs - and even that's depressing, so can't imagnie how stressful it will be for you!!)

I defo think you need to speak to someone about this. Coz the worry and amazement about what happened to you will creep up when you don't expect it, and overwhelm you if you're not careful.

Sending you loads of strength hun.

:xxx:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 37 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE