You are not logged in.

Unread posts

2hours

• "2hours" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2008

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 1:33pm

IUI newbie

Hi all,

I've been married for 12 years and since my husband already had a son from his previous marriage - spent the first 5 years thinking I was the problem.

When we finally established that the low sperm count was the problem, it took me another 7 years to pluck up the courage for any kind of fertility treatment. All that wasted time.........

I've just had my first IUI and had the insem 7 days ago.

The injections were fine, but the after insem drugs are making me drowsy so I've been spending most of my day in bed. I've also been having mild cramps since day 1.

I started out really excited that it's going to work for us first time round and we have a jolly and possitive thinking doctor too. However after trawling around the internet I've now realised it doesn't work that way!

I'm on a 14 days waiting with 7 already passed - so that's another 7 days to go. I've not told my family yet as I can't handle the pressure.

I'd like to know from your experience - should I be crafty and go for a home pregnancy test and if so when? How soon can you look for a possitive result please?

Good luck to all the ladies trying for a baby xxx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 1:35pm

Hi, I don't have any experience of IUI, but I wanted to wish you luck and welcome you to FZ! x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 1:44pm

Hiya chick!

Welcome to :FZ: I hope you soon feel very much at home here with us all.

I haven't gone down the IUI route (yet) so I haven't got any experiences to share with you, but I do know that you SHOULDN'T test until you're at least 14dpo, so I'd say DON'T test until then chick, we all know how difficult the wait is, but honestly it's for the best to wait.

Wishing you loads of luck and sending you loads of sticky babydust

Take care

x x F x x

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 6:36pm

:hi: welcome to :FZ:

Im sorry but I haven't started my TX on IUI yet, my DH has an appointment with a urologist in 15 days happydance happydance and then we can start IUI. We can't wait either but know it could be a long road. Just want to say :goodluck: and my fingers are crossed for you. :xxx3:

2hours

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 5:51pm

Hi again and thanks for the warm welcomes.

I'm on day 9 today and the waiting is getting a bit easier now.

Although it seemed tough in the begining and took a great deal of time to pluck up the courage, I'd be prepared to have this procedure again and again.

Good luck to all x

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 6:05pm

Hi, 2H - If you are going to do a home test then the earliest you could expect an accurate result is 14 days after insem. Even then if you get a BFN it is advised to retest 2 days later if AF has not arrived as some women take a bit longer to get the level of HCG in their urine high enough to be detected on a home test.
Good luck for the last few days of your wait...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Jan 24th 2008

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:42pm

Hi there

I am probably not the best person to ask as I am a serial pee-on-a-sticker! and tend to pee all the time on these wretched sticks. I could buy a new house with the money I have spent on these in the last year!!!!!!!!!

Here is a diary of my POAS moments:

12.2.2008 - Trigger shot of HCG
13.2.2008 - IUI
14.2.2008 - POAS to see if the HCG had worked and was in my system!! Test +ve
15.2.2008 - 20.2.2008 - Managed to stay away from the sticks
21.02.2008 - POAS to see if HCG hormone trigger shot is out of my system - am pleased to see a negative preg test - (thats my excuse!!)
22.02.2008 - (9dpiui) POAS - Faint BFP
23.02.2008 - POAS - Faint BFP
24.02.2008 - 3 X POAS - Not as faint BFP
25.02.2008 - 3 X POAS - Darker BFP
26.02.2008 - 3 X POAS - Darker BFP
27.02.2008 - 2 XPOAS - Dark BFP

........... and so it continues - I wonder when I will stop doing this - although you may see from another of my threads I have suffered with some spotting so now have to keep testing to make sure that the tests are still coming up BFP.

It really is sooooooooooo hard doing the waiting - I really do know what you mean.............

I would however you wait for as long as you possibly can bear to - I wish I had not tested so early ............... ignorance is bliss!!!

The very very best of luck to you for this cycle................

Lots of love to you
Daisy x x x x

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Friday, February 29th 2008, 4:42am

:hi: 2Hours,

How is it going? I hope everything is ok and that you are staying positive. take care. :xxx3:

2hours

Saturday, March 1st 2008, 8:09pm

Daisy I really hope things are working out for you xx

I think I'll stick to the ignorance is bliss route!

I'm doing OK, just still sleepy from the pills I'm taking. I was crying for no reason this morning but I just assume thats the hormones. Also had low back aches which I usually get before my period.

Wednesday is my 14th day and all the info I was given was to phone my doctor.

Wish I knew any signs I should be looking for. Don't even know when to expect a period (which I hope never comes).

I'm doing a lot of praying which keeps me strong and my OH has been extremely kind to me over the past few weeks.

Reg: Dec 17th 2007

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 5:22pm

Good luck hun, i hope you get a positive result on Wednesday :goodluck:
1st & 2nd IVF -30.07.08 :BFN: 02.08.10 : :BFN:
3rd IVF - 08.04.11:BFN:
4th IVF- 09/09/11: BFN
5th DIVF- 31/07/12: BFP

2hours

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 2:25pm

I made a mistake counting and my 14th day is today.

I called the doctor this, and all he asked was how my breasts were! I'm a 42G anyway so can't tell if they're swolen (they always seem swolen at this size).

He told me to keep taking the pills and if I don't get my period by tomorrow to call him for a visit.

I did a HPT yesterday (13th day) and was negative. I've got mild period pains today and I'm feeling the bi*ch mood coming on, so I guess that's not good news.

Anyway I want to start the next cycle immediately so will be seeing him tomorrow anyway.

2hours

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 2:31pm

Doctor gave me a blood test today which was negative and a scan. He said I should be expecting a period within the next 2 days.

He told me to skip one cycle and try again next cycle.

I've decided to stick with the same doctor because the clinic is literally up the road from where we live. My husband has been producing his samples at home and that's been great for him too.

I'm not upset because that would be too selfish. Most of the ladies here have been trying for ages and it was only my first attempt.

Just want to thank all of you here. I've spent many days reading all the threads and in all honesty your posts have greatly helped me.

Good luck to all of you trying again xxx

tilly

Reg: Mar 5th 2008

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 4:21pm

:hello: We have just recieved a letter today for our first appointment with the consultant to begin the journey of DIUI. Im so excited and just cant wait to get started. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes and what happens next once you have had the initial consultation?

Tillyx

Reg: Feb 20th 2007

Children: None

Wednesday, March 5th 2008, 7:14pm

RE: IUI newbie

Hi All

Well had round 1 of IUI treatment at 11am this morning and my god it hurt! Must be the shape of my cervix but it made me feel pysically sick and brought me to tears Hey ho No pain no gain and all that. So now im officially on the 2WW.

Since treatment this morning had low abdo pain and back ache but thats normal on day 14 for me in answer to the thread as to when to do the PT Dont do it untill your 2 weeks is up as if you have had the drugs to start ovulation u may 99% get a false positive. i will be testing on 19th March.
Not given any special instructions can have intercourse as normal to help the ones in there so to speak Tuna limited to once a week, eggs must be hard boiled no Shark or Sword fish lol Strange! odd glass of wine is allowed and just use common sense.

So roll on the 19th
AndreaK xx

2hours

Thursday, March 6th 2008, 7:17pm

Hi Tilly, I went private so don't know how it works, but my doctor gave me the protocol with meds to buy and told me to go for a scan on day 1 of my period. He also gave me a list of what meds to take each day and when more scans should be scheduled. I found a nurse that lives nearby to come to my home and do the injections (didn't feel a thing). Hope it all works out for you.

Hi Andrea - my IUI didn't hurt that much during the procedure, but I did have bad cramps when I got home. It wears off after a couple of hours.

I never got any food instructions though!

As for the 2ww - try to keep yourself busy. I got really bored around day 9 and started inviting people over for dinner to keep my mind of things. I only told 2 people about the IUI (not my mum or sister) and that helped keep pressure and lots of questions away!

Good luck to both of you xxx

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, March 8th 2008, 6:42pm

Hi,

Sorry your first treatment didn't work, here's to hoping for a BFP for you next time.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 12:57pm

Well my 2 Week Wait is over today and after 4 Pregnancy tests done today all are showing A FAINT BUT VERY BIG POSITIVE!!!

I cannot believe it after 1 round of IUI! Iam convinced that they are wrong. I have bought a clear blue digital to test in the morning also just to be on safe side but nothing is sinking in as yet!.. Fertility clinic however have confirmed already that I must be def pregnant and have booked me in for a Viability scan on 24th April!.

Lord this is all so surreal after 2 and a half years of Negative tests I cannot take this in!! I have had some signs such as a headache for the past 3 days different smell sensation and urinating more than normal oh and backache but thats normal around today when i was due my period.

So i shall keep you all postedI think i needa lie down lol!
AndreaK xx

tilly

Reg: Mar 5th 2008

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 4:28pm

Hi Andrea

Thats amazing news!!! You must be so pleased!

I see you are in Wales - whereabouts are you having your treatment?

Tillyx

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 6:22pm

Hi Tilly

Im having treatment at Singleton Hospital thefertility Nurses there are brilliantandlooks as if they are excellent in their job lol. It has still not sunk in yet
AndreaK xx

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 7:19pm

That's great news! Congratulations!

You're the second person on here to get a BFP on their first go in recent times, gives hope to us all! I start my first round next week, quite excited about it.

xxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: May 20th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful wee girl

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 7:25pm

Wow Congratulations

Mummy to a beautiful little lady

Friday, March 21st 2008, 4:52pm

THanks

Thanks you all for your messages but it still hasnt sunk in yet i dont think it will untilli have a scan! But positive thinking hey
AndreaK xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE