You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "ready & waiting" started this thread

Reg: Jan 16th 2008

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 6:58am

4th cycle of Clomid & 1st cycle with side effects!

Hello lovely ladies - I haven't posted for a while but thought it about time for an update on our ttc story.

Well the first 4 cycles of 50mg Clomid produced 4 BFN but the positive news is that my Day 21 blood tests went up each month (the last one was 73.7 which I was delighted about!). See how I'm trying to be 'cup half full' about this!

Anyway, saw my consultant again last week and he was great. Very patient - I had LOTS of questions - and he took time to run through all our options. He has given me 4 more rounds of 50mg Clomid (although he said he hopes we only need 1 - him and me both!) and offered me scans which I thought I was going to have to beg for.

Now I should have known it was too good to be true when I didn't suffer any side effects at all during the 1st 4 rounds of Clomid and boy, am I paying for it now! The hot flushes started on CD4 (I took Clomid CD3 through CD7 as I saw my consultant on CD3 and got the new prescription), it's now CD10 and I've been hot flushing on and off ever since! I'm trying to see the funny side and because I work from home it's easier - I can and have, jumped in the shower at all times of the day!

Has anyone else suddenly had side effects with Clomid after not having them?

BDing with hot flushes is an interesting experience!?! At least my husband and I are seeing the funny side and, if anything, it's taking the pressure off a little bit and we're laughing about it a lot!

I'm taking lots of supplements (Pregnacare every day, Evening Primrose oil & Vitamin C up til ovulation, Rehmannia & Scrophularia up to ovulation - these are Chinese tablets my acupuncturist 'prescribed' and Natural Progesterone Cream twice a day once I've ovulated). Phew, it's no wonder I had to buy one of those plastic pots with the days printed on them to put my tablets in when we went on holiday (I think they're designed for old people so they don't forget to take their tablets but they're a godsend as I'd forget if I didn't have it!).

So, I'll stop now before you all fall asleep! Will be spending the next few days BDing as much as possible and then waiting anxiously for AF to pop in and praying that she decides not to bother...

Fingers (and nothing else!) crossed and lots of luck to all of you are trying - here's to lots of BFPs this month!

X
TTC nearly 3 years - xfingers for a 2008 BFP

Clomid 50mg Nov 07 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Dec 07 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Jan 08 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Feb 08 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Mar 08 - BFN

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e1d51

Reg: Jul 19th 2007

Children: 1 lovely Step Son aged 17

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 7:07am

Morning Hun...wow you take a lot of things :snigger: but hey if they help thats all that matters, I cant answer you question I have done 2 cycles of 100mg and had more side effects from the 1st round, just like headaches, being grumpy all the time but nothing too bad.

I hope you get a lovely BFP this month hun....good luck, i hope the hot flushes stop but at least you can laugh about it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs
Lap & Dye 07 very mild endo
6 clomid cycle's 100mg all :BFN:

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 7:33am

Thanks Leanne! I know, I rattle with all the supplements I'm taking but as I'm a complete control freak it helps me think that I have some semblance of control over this 'thing' too!

Good luck for testing - hope the next 5 days fly by and AF doesn't stop at your door this month.

X

Clomid 50mg Nov 07 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Dec 07 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Jan 08 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Feb 08 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Mar 08 - BFN

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 11:31am

Hey Ready & Waiting

I cant really answer your question either really i only did one round and clomid and got a BFP but in that cycle i had hot flushes from early on and a few mood swings but that was the extent of my s/e i did however stay hotter for the rest of the cycle... I think maybe the reason why your feeling it this month is cos if every month your progesterone has been going up , progesterone makes you hotter anyways so that is proberly why your feeling the sffects of the clomis more this time.. it isnt a bad thing it means your body is doing what it should be...

I am not completly sure about that tho but my guess would be the rise in progesterone is causing you to be hotter than normal...

Good luck for this cycle hunni.. Im sorry i couldnt have been more help...all the best and i look forward to seeing your :BFP: very soon...

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "treezuk" (Mar 13th 2008, 11:31am)

Thursday, March 13th 2008, 11:39am

Hi Teresa

Thanks and that makes perfect sense about my progesterone level making me feel hotter! I chart my temps and they have been significantly higher since I started Clomid.

Congratulations on your BFP, so exciting and an inspiration for those of us still waiting!

Take care of yourself and your bump!

X

Clomid 50mg Nov 07 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Dec 07 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Jan 08 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Feb 08 - BFN
Clomid 50mg Mar 08 - BFN

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE