You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

dolittle

• "dolittle" started this thread

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 6:45pm

Newbie help needed on fertility issue :(

Hi all

I really hope someone will be able to answer some of my questons, because i am going nuts :(

After trying for a baby for about 1 year with no result, my girlfriend and i were refered to a fertility clinic after having all the relevent tests, my results came back with low count and poor mobility. I just put it down to feeling tired and nervous, so i had a private one done and that came back the same and they gave me about 1% chance for natural conception. I am a heavy smoker and drink about 1 bottle of wine a night. now i know it was wrong but when asked by the doctor do i smoke or drink i said , now and again. my kinda point is, if i said yes 'alot' would they of said thats the reason?
Since all this has happend i have got so scared of not being a dad, ive given up smoking and drinking completly the past week, and started taking a number of vitimins that have been recomended on the net.

I am thinking about doing all this for a few months then goin for the test again, or am i wasting my time, or is ivf the only way?

I am 31 and my girlfriend is 38 and not wanting to go through ivf.

i will be very greatfull to any answers to this post.

thank you very much

:x

Reg: Feb 11th 2007

Children: My children are wonderful!

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:16pm

It can't hurt! Well done on stopping smoking and cutting down on the drink certainly sounds sensible. I expect someone will come on later with more info. Just didn't want to read and run.

Me 39, DH 40 Children, Lucy and DS (7)
Lucy lost in car accident 8th April 2002
TTC 6 years - ICSI x 4 - :BFN: x 4

Spider's Diary

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:39pm

:hello:

I would certainly try giving up the booze and the ciggies and then go back to the clinic. It can take three months to see the improvement so give it time. The way to think of it is that three months in the grand scheme of things is not a long time.

Trying take zinc tablets as well.

:goodluck:

Gemma

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Aug 3rd 2007

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:46pm

Hi, it will obviously help loads to stop drinking and smoking and it's fantastic that you've done so.

I have just been reading a book that was recomended to me by my acupuncturist it's called "fit for fertility" by Michael Dooley and we have found it really useful in advising ways of improving diet and lifestyle, it's for both men and women. (I got it from Amazon) Acupuncture can also improve male fertility apparantley, I'm new at it so not too sure if it works but hey you will give anything a go when you're trying.

Goodluck.
Lizzy

:xxx3:

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, February 28th 2008, 7:53pm

Welcome to :FZ:

I think lifestyle changes can help, so keep up with the good work! I'm sure more people will soon be on here with more advice too.

I don't know if you noticed, there is a mens only section which you have to apply to get access to. There may be some good advice on there too.

Wishing you the best of luck with your TTC journey!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE