You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

twinkle

• "twinkle" started this thread

Reg: Dec 23rd 2007

Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 12:16pm

urologist,what to expect??

hi,

would like a little advice if anyone can help,
we've been ttc for 4 years and just before christmas we got d.h's s.a results.....
they was terrible,after the initial shock and letting it all sink in we've been back to the doc's who has now sent for an appt with the urologist...
my question is.....for anyone who has been in the same boat,what should we expect?
we asked the doc what to expect and what tests where likely to be done but he said its up to them so he wasn't very helpful.

• "gayle1803" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 12:31pm

RE: urologist,what to expect??

Hi Twinkle

Sorry to hear you had this bad news just before christmas, try not to be too down hearted, We too were told in 1999 that DH sperm count was very very low, and abnormal due to having an operation when he was 18, we were recommended ICSI , and were told that if the sample he gave on the morning of EC was no good they could perform TESA which is a procedure which involves an op going directly into the Testicle to remove the sperm, we have had three ICSI cycles ( last one resulting in BFP, unfortunately MC at 11 weeks) and on all three occasions DH produced somethng that they could work with, please remember it only takes one little swimmer with ICSI and if all fails and maybe there is no sperm in the ejeculate all is not lost as they can perform TESA, I know its not a nice thought for DH but try and stay positive, did they say they was something to work with in his sample?

Gayle
xxx

twinkle

Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 12:44pm

hi,

thankyou so much for your reply,
i should have really explained in more details,
me and dh already have 3 children(our youngest is 8)
we wouldn't be offered fertility treatment on the nhs and the cost of going private is beyond us.i would egg share for the treatment but i don't qualify there either.
i'm wondering how far the testing will go as we aren't a priority and what they will do?
his sample cam back at less than 1 million,50%motility but no forward progression,there wasn't enough swimmers to do a mar test or morphology :sadface:

• "gayle1803" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 12:49pm

Im not sure then hun, sorry, I know there have been a few threads on here to help Sperm quality naturally, some are below, but if you serach in this section they are really helpful

DH did take Zinc supplements on our last cycle and his count was slightly higher, hope some of these help, wishing you all the very best

Gayle
xxx

www.fertilityzone.co.uk/thread.php?threadid=6510

www.fertilityzone.co.uk/thread.php?threadid=3971

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gayle1803" (Jan 8th 2008, 12:52pm)

twinkle

Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 12:54pm

thankyou gayle,

i wish you luck with your journey :smile:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE