You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 13 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "miss desperate" started this thread

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 11:10am

new & confused!!!

Hi to all,
I've been reading your messages and thought it would be a good idea to join as i'm so confused as my doctor has pratically given me no advice.

I came off the pill 6 years ago ( for other reasons wasnt ttc at the time) but accidents happen and after a while i realised that i hadn't fallen. So jan 07 i went to my gp who referred me to fertility doc.
Since then i and my bf have had all the test and apparently all is well(medically we tick all the boxes).
On jan 24th 08 i had my follow up app from having my laproscopy. My doc wasnt available (was in a meeting) so his under study saw me. She prescribed clomid 50mg to take on cd2-6 for 6 months. I was told to ring to book app for scan on cd9-12. i had my san on 18th feb cd11. doc came in and said all was well and to try very hard cd12-13. and that was that.
Since then I've being reading other peoples experiences and realise i'm not doing half the things that everyone else seems to be. I have not been told to measure my temperature, to use ovulation kits or keep an eye on what my mucus is doing for tell tell signs! So really i'm looking for some advice from people using clomid.
I have only had the one scan (last week) untill my follow up in july once the course of clomid is finished. Everyone seems to be having one scan a month and bloods done. Am i being over anxious??
Finally my scan result sheet says right ovary 20 mm & 16mm does this mean there is 2? and my left 13mm with 7mm endormetrial thickness. Is this where i should be at cd11?
Help i'm so confused

Jodie xx

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 1:30pm

Hey Jodie

Welcome to FZ and the Clomid thread... Firstly what you have read about checking the different things is correct although dr's dont always tell you about this stuff dont worry its just something extra you can do to help... You Cervical Mucas is good to let you know when your having fertile mucus... although for some people on clomid your CM can dry up so as you have read its always handy to do something else along side it.... Taking your tempreture is easy just set your self up an account with www.fertilityfriend.com and then every morning at the same time as soon as you wake up take your tempreture before you get out of bed/speak do anything and then chart it on fertility friend if you start from about cd2 till the you get your period again then you will get a clear idea of what your chart and temps is doing.... Ovulation sticks are ok but for some people they just dont work for me they didnt but for some they do plus cloimid can sometimes affect the way they work so dont rely on them too much....

I wasnt having tracking scans so i cant help you with that but one of the girls on here will be able to as a lot of them are having tracking scans so there know what your numbers means...

I wish you lots of lick on your journey and fingers crossed it happens for you soon....If you click on the link below... its my chart for my first round of clomid and im pregnant but it will give you an idea of how it charts your tempreture, CM etc onto the chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/101148

Good luck and hopefully speak soon

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 1:48pm

Firstly congratulations on the fantastic news i have my fingers and toes crossed for you that all goes well !! Can i ask without sounding too niave, what do i use to take my temperature is it just a normal thermometre? And thankyou for the link. What was your treatment and how long was you on the treatment?

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 1:50pm

ignore the last question lol! i just looked at you signature and saw what your treatment was i hope the same happens for me xx

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 2:42pm

HaHaHa no problem hun

Thank you for your congratulations its much apprecaited as far as i know you can buy a BBT theomometer in boots with some sort of note book... i just brought a normal theomometer in tesco for about £6 i think it was and that worked just fine for me... im not really sure what the difference is to be honest but im sure someone will be able to anser that for you...

If you have any other questions feel free to ask...Good luck

Teresa
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 13 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE