You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 26 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "rod2dodge" started this thread

Reg: Feb 6th 2008

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 4:28pm

Sperm Test

ive just come back from long weekend skiing so not all bad, binge drinking and smoking.
ive tried for six months to get partner pregnant no success.
ive taken two home sperm tests, around about month four of us dating, she was getting concerned as she already has a child. one by fertell - motility and one for sperm count, both negative, or under reading.
just gone to gp and been given a collection pot and told to hand in for analysis.

do i wait three plus months before doing this, let new sperm at leat have a chance? quit smoking and drinking.

or do i just go in for the kill, send it in now and see what happens, do i have anything to lose other than may be being disappointed with the results.

im 27
take regular exercise.
taking wellman multivits for over two years.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 4:49pm

Hi and welcome

Have you had a look at this thread?

Sperm Quality / Quantity - Some Tips

and also 'Life in the Lab' - for all sperm questions!

The 'life in the lab' contains a wide variety of questions and answers

Hope that helps

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 5:12pm

RE: Sperm Test

:hi: there....

Welcome to :FZ:....you'll find loads of info on here to help you improve sperm quality...

In relation to your question re doing the SA now or waiting 3 months....personally i would do it now and then if you know what you're facing it may give you more of an incentive to live a healthier lifestyle. It's great that you've been taking well man vits but the crucial thing to improve sperm will be to knock the cigs and alcohol on the head!!!!

So my advice is get it done....find out the results....if the news is good...keep trying naturally....if it's not....then you know you've got to look at your lifestyle and hopefully change things to improve the quality.

All the best for your ttc journey!!

xxx

p.s. Just to add when we were facing the tests....my DH had to go to hospital to provide his SA....it's absolutely key that it is a fresh sample...and I believe it has to be looked at within the hour. I'm sure you'll have been told all this for whenever you decide to do it.

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Oct 22nd 2007

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 7:49pm

I had to ring hospital to arrange date for taking mine in. As duffy said you have to get it there with in an hour. Its also best to abstain from ejaculation for 2-3 days before test. If you are unsure about any thing ask sperm scientist or paul in the link eeyore provided "life in the lab". They are very nice and very experienced people who will help you all they can.
Me low morphology 1.1% to 15% with vitamins/supplements
TTC since 2003
Shock natural :BFP: 26 February 2008
Simon

Peoples "dog of death" crosses the Irish sea to become family pet.

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 9:07pm

do it now, the longer you wait the more you worry. you can do it at home ust keep it warm and get it there within the hour- phone the lab though, they are often only open for "drop offs" for a couple of hours in the morning or similar. If it isn't great news, you will be asked to do another one in a couple of months anyway to make sure it isn't related to an infection you have had or something, so go for it and try to put your mind at rest!

it isn't nice and everyone feels awkward, unfortunately it needs to be done.

take care
x
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 26 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE