You are not logged in.

Unread posts

jojojo28

• "jojojo28" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One of each

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 1:28pm

TMI warning

OK, I am not usually one for posting personal stuff but something strange is going on, most of you know I had 3 follies on my recent cycle and so IUI cancelled last Saturday, they were all mature enough to burst, I was surging that day so would have expected to ovulate late Saturday or Sunday...however, today, I am having dark brown blood, not really heavy but more than spotting, it is very dark and wet a bit like when your AF starts before the full flow. I have NEVER had mid cycle bleeding and I am wondering what the hecky flump it is? Anyone any ideas? Anyone experienced this? If I was to guess I wonder whether the blood was from when the follies burst but surely that would have shown earlier when I ovulated, not 4 days later ? Help, anyone ?
Jojox
high FSH,adhesions,motility, girl 09, boy 2010 complete! no it wasn't, boy #2 born Sept 13. Mum to 3 natural miracles

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 1:32pm

Yes - this happened to me last month. Before I started the IUI treatment I had a mid-cycle bleed which was brown and like my af. I spoke to the hosp who said this is old blood. The worrying thing now though is that I'm still bleeding and have been doing for nearly 2 weeks now. Nurse said she can't understand it cos there's nothing to 'shed'.

Sorry, that was a long-winded response!

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 1:50pm

Hiya

the rule of thumb is usually that if it's brown it's old, so nothing really to worry about.

But, I wonder if because of all the drugs we take (in your case Fostimon), it increases our bodies normal "reaction" to our cycles... I'm not explaning this very well !!

Maybe the drugs help our bodies (in a later non-medicated cycle) kick into gear with regards to ovulation, the endometrium may thicken more, as there are more nutrients swimming around our bodies...eg: the increase of oestrogen can help fertility, perhaps it's making the body expel some old unwanted buildup of blood.

Many people say that they cycles appear heavier after a medicated cycle, other become pg on a natural cycle after a cycle of IVF, or in my sisters case (she was supposed to never be able to have a child) after using Buserelin sniffers (the down regging medication) to help soothe her Endometerosis pain, she became pg by accident. We think that drug shut her body down so much, that when she stopped, it suddenly jumped back into life creating an incredibly fertile body.

Goodness me, I have rambled! Anyway, Jo, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, just icky! But maybe place a call to your clinic if it carries on for too much longer?

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 1:56pm

You could be right there! I'd come off the clomid a month and a half before and it was a bit like coming of depo provera, my body seemed to kick start back to being irregular.

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 1:58pm

What a nightmare Jen.

Do you know if you ovulate on a normal cycle at all ? Or do you go 35-40 days or so then have a 'withdrawal' bleed

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 2:06pm

God knows!! I haven't been irregular for 16/17 years! I was only regular when I went on clomid for 6 months. I think my cycle was about 28 days with ovulation happening anything from day 12-day 18. I've never known where I am with it all!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheZooKeeper" (Oct 12th 2005, 2:06pm)

jojojo28

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 4:52pm

Thanks for the responses and putting my mind at ease. I would ring the clinic but I am still mad at them, I know, silly really,but I am not ready to talk to them yet. The bleeding seems to have eased but I do have this constant pain on my left side (not really severe) and bloating with it [zx023]. O, well, no time to stress, I'm off out with the girls tonight for a Spanish celebration and I'm afraid I will be hitting the Rioja :D!! Sorry girls, well the ones going through tx, but I'll have a drink for you too!!
Good luck
Jojox
p.s. Minnie/Moomin, did you have insem today/tomorrow? Hope all went well if you did..now comes the hardest part...the [zx254].
high FSH,adhesions,motility, girl 09, boy 2010 complete! no it wasn't, boy #2 born Sept 13. Mum to 3 natural miracles

Wednesday, October 12th 2005, 6:36pm

Hi Jojo!

Sorry to hear about the blood, does sound like a sort of hefty triple ov thing, I truly think a night out on the Rioja (my most fav drink I add) is just what a girl needs to take her mind off things.
Have posted on another thread but yes had insem today, all went well, now the nasty wait....hope to stay busy and will need all your support to help stop me testing!!! I am such a moo when it comes to that.

Hope the bleeding stops soon
Take care
Luv Minnie xxx

TTC 4 yrs
ICSI Feb 2005 BFP - early MC :(
3 x DIUI Oct05/Jan06/Mar06 BFN
Starting 2nd ICSI Dec 2006

OMG!! a real :BFP: 7/2/07

jojojo28

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 7:56am

Spanish night was lovely, Rioja was even better :D.. Feeling a bit worse for wear this morning, only had 2 glasses, o, and a glass of sangria...On a bad note though woke up with the brown stuff again :(! Maybe I will call the clinic today and just see what they say.
Minnie, glad your insem went well. We'll jolly you along until the dreaded test day...

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 10:28am

I would ring your cons but it must be old blood - just your system getting rid of the 'crap'. It's happened to me before. Although I have to say I was bleeding continuously for 13 days and it wasn't all old blood (that lasted for about 5 days).

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE